This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Colonies Online
tausham  [developer] Jun 20, 2013 @ 4:05am
Loot in Colonies Online
Loot!

Loot this is what we are working at the moment, and we want to talk about how it will be implemented.

With such a dynamic combat gameplay as we have in the game, it would be foolish to make the loot system as in all modern MMOs, when after a mob killed, the player must go to the corpse and get the loot. Instead, we will be implemented in the game loot-droid that he would collect the spoil with the enemy until the player deals with the rest.

When the fighting died down and the player has a free moment, he will be able to shift all the valuable loot from the droid to my inventory. The player will have to choose what is worthy to get into the inventory, as to shift the subject back to the loot-droid would not be possible.

If a player is killed by another player, the winner will take all the contents of the victim's loot-droid. And that will be the main reward for the killing, but soon will be possible and the consequences of such action ;)

The player will be able to sell the contents of the loot-droid to merchants as if these items were in inventory.

At first, loot-droid will be virtual, but later we realize its representation in the game world. Various models are available droids different appearance and possibly parameters. Everyone can choose a satellite that will accompany him on a long journey!

Do not hesitate to write the comments, opinions, suggestions!
Last edited by tausham; Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:53am
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Spanko Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:01am 
Sounds good. I just signed up on your website, going to await the early access key to the email. If i was to 'buy' early access for $10, will that include the full game once it is released or will i need to then buy the game?

Also, the store thing has me a little worried, I dont like games with in-game stores as I dont want to have to spend real money to get any decent gear. Can you please clarify the role of the in game store, and please, please, please tell me there are going to be in game purchases of items or armour or anything. I want to buy the game and have access to the same gear, same speed of levelling, same speed of gaining gold etc etc as everyone else in the game.

If not, i will not be buying.

Thanks for your time,

Timmah
tausham  [developer] Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:49am 
@Timmah:
Does not seem that it was a question about the loot;)

Having bought early access, you get lifetime access to the game. In the future, the project may have the opportunity to access that would be required premium subscription. But even without paying for it, you can always play our game.

Now store sells items to help players at the initial stage of the game.

We have no plan to place items in the store giving an advantage over other players in combat. It will be cosmetic items or do not affect the combat balance of subjects.
I AM BATMAN Jun 23, 2013 @ 7:31am 
About the Droids, do you intend to make upgradeable versions?

I don't think that everyone should have the same droid (Not only in apearance), but container size and maybe fight for you if you need?

More like a companion that will be there to help you or something like that.

I think it is interesting and will give players something to look for. Let's say: After your loot-droid collect 1.000 loots, it level up or something and will be able to collect 10 more loots.

And, maybe, something to say: I only want it to collect special items or only weapons. You know what I mean right? :)

It looks a great game, I'll probably be buying it :)
Spanko Jun 23, 2013 @ 8:22am 
@tausham

I realise that my question wasn't to do with Loot, didn't really realise where i posting, sorry. Your response did get my $10 though for the ewarly access... Boy, what a dissapointment.

I know it is still early, but there is a LONG way to go until this game is even close to being playable/fun. I hope you guys get this up and going as it could be good, but after playing the early access, i must say that i have lost most of the hope that i had when i first read about your game... what a debacle!
tausham  [developer] Jun 23, 2013 @ 8:32am 
@Spanko: We are very sorry that the game could not justify your hopes, we understand that a lot more work and a lot of opportunities are still far only promises. We are constantly working on the game to appear in it new opportunities. We hope you will follow the game and return to it as soon as the game will be opportunities so that you are lacking.
tausham  [developer] Jun 23, 2013 @ 8:37am 
@Gidedin: Thanks for the great ideas. We will certainly take note of them!
Vondred | H A Y D E N Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:38am 
"If a player is killed by another player, the winner will take all the contents of the victim's loot-droid. And that will be the main reward for the killing, but soon will be possible and the consequences of such action ;)"

No, I hate this. Because hard work can easily be taken. No offense, but I wasn't expecting another ♥♥♥♥ty hardcore mmo-esque game. While I enjoy the concept, and thought the alpha was ok for where it stands atm, this idea completely destroys it for me. If you do this, you'll turn your game to moon garbage, and I'll laugh on the day I see the continuous complaints and the amount of players drop from your game, only to tell you "I told you so."

I'll just go play Firefall.
I AM BATMAN Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:07am 
Yeah, I didn't like that much either (Lose everything that is on your Droid). Few hours of hunting can become a nightmare if a team of 10 players come and kill you and your team, taking away your lovely prizes.

What about some kind of no-pvp instances? Players in PvP instance can only kill other players in PvP instances? So, the people who are there just for PvE/PvM can enjoy the game the way they want.

I know it isn't a easy choice (and solution), but something should be done I guess. Usually, games have servers for PvP and PvE/PvM, so the users can chose the best place that will suits their needs.

Just an idea.
Enforcer Stigman Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:26am 
After reading the idea of having your droid drop everything on death, Its a great idea and bad idea. Allow me to explain how we can bring those to a happy median.

Why it is good - If you want to target hardcore players, here is your awnser. Killing a player and taking ALL of his loot? Sure, sounds great if your expecting it and hunting yourself and looking for other players too kill for all there loot.... -on that note

Why it is bad - As @Gidedin said if i'm in pve i want to enjoy pve and not worry about that phat loots i just got from that hour long boss me and my buddies just slayed.

My Suggestion- Battle arenas. Big ♥♥♥ battle arenas, maybe even a planet big where there is no safe zone. Give them the enjoyment of the hunt, add powerful items unattainable through any other means for grabs to whoever slays the most on the planet every day/week/month. As long as the is a scoring system to pvp people will go there.

----

ALSO PLEASE ADD A CHEST / BANK WE CAN BUILD IN OUR BASE! I'll futher expand on my ideas for this later in the appropriate area. but it is a must for pve.

And YES 100% to having a droid pick up our loot, please add opitions to what it picks up though.
I AM BATMAN Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:32am 
I don't mind having great loots dropping only in dangerous planets/places/arenas. That way, they'll pay for the risk the player will take.

And you're right. Statistics is what moves MMOs these days. People will want to know how many monsters and players they have killed. Drops they have got. Lairs completes and all that.

People like to race for the best. If there is any statistics to be the best, people will try to be the best.

At least, I like :P
Enforcer Stigman Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:50am 
While i'll agree, I do have to say from experience having bosses that drop the best items in game being in a dangerous area / pvp area has proved to be a extreme downfall of the games value system. -Why? Cause the first group / clan / guild that obtains these items camps the boss and sells the items they get at jacked up prices cause at that point there is no other people getting these special items dropped for a PvP area boss.

As far as statistics go, Absolutely i want people to know that is "Not the guy to mess with" I want people to bounty me, i want people to come after my territory and try to take my stuff. I want people too see my name and either run or try to kill me. Hows that possible? Statistics and 100% agree with you on that @Gidedin.
I AM BATMAN Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:50am 
Yeah, I've to agree with you. I've been part of a guild that did that in the past and isn't really fair.
I know isn't fair to use other game as examples, but we must learn with their mistake (and success) right?

What about making items from PvP areas more common? Or maybe, special variants that help only in PvP?

I would vote for the PvP only gear for PvP arenas/planets/areas/territories/and the list goes far...

Going back to droids, I would love to see something like a menu just for the droid. There, it could show:
  • My droid statistics ( and attributes if it'll be a companion );
  • It could show how many drops it have gathered ( Or some kind of statistics like: Legendary Items find so far );
  • It's level and carry capacity;
  • Current drops inside it;
  • A list to select what I want to collect ( Weapons, armors, supplies ) and maybe even more specialized, unique weapons and armors or only legendary items.
If an option will be made to let us select what will be collected, maybe some presets ( just few check boxes) that we could select that will collect all supplies, all weapons, all potions or health restore items and so on.

Just throwing some ideas :)
Bishop Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Duke Vega here, donated for a few bits and i gotta say the game show promise even in these early stages. I am all up for the hardcore PvP ,, i think PvP planets should be dangerous but contain the best loot. I have loads of idea's i am happy to share with the Dev's so hit me up sometime and we can discuss
tausham  [developer] Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:12pm 
You guys are the developers? :) Such a deep analysis of the game experience! Joke!
In fact, very ineteresting and useful. You are prompted for some thoughts.
The idea of ​​making safest planet is quite interesting. Of course we must be prepared such that the planet will quickly become overcrowded and are not so interesting in terms of resources. But it may be a good option for players who want to quietly build his small base and not worry about world domination.
I AM BATMAN Jun 25, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
Actually, yes, I am. But not a game developer :P

I'm happy I could help with something (Giving ideas is helping right?)

If you need anything, just ask me and I'll be more then happy to help you (At least, try). Your game have so much to be a great sale =]
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50