This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Predestination
ohsea Oct 29, 2013 @ 1:10pm
interesting game ... presentation
The game looks very interesting, especially the more detailed planetary exploration and hex based combat. Also, it seems good value for money.

The voice currently presenting it might not be 100% appealing to all audiences though...
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Tinabeans  [developer] Nov 1, 2013 @ 11:23am 
For clarity, which voice do you mean? We will have several voices in the main game, but the core team has been putting together the voicing for videos etc.
ohsea Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:27am 
Thanks for responding.I meant the female voice with the Irish accent who presents the first videos. Imho it is just not energetic enough for marketing purposes; for a voiceover in the game it's of course an altogether different matter since other criteria are important.
Tinabeans  [developer] Nov 2, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
Thanks for your feedback, @Ohsea!

Being an independent studio, we're not able to hire the specific talent required to pull off a more professional, high-octane promotional reel, so unfortunately I had to voice many of our trailers and information videos. That first video was made for our Kickstarter page, so it was created before we had a budget to work with. I had to speak in a measured manner to make my accent intelligible to non-native English speakers and our Kickstarter nerves caused us to very heavily script it, so my voice does come across as quite dull, unfortunately.

We realise that my voice doesn't appeal to absolutely everyone, and our video feedback has been pretty marmite - people either love my voice or hate it. However, it's almost impossible to find a voice that's pleasing to everyone, and we did the best we could at the time with no budget.

I hope you caught some of our other, later videos, since those perhaps will be more to your liking. Thankfully, I don't present all of our videos, so there is a little bit of variance there, and the later videos I present aren't quite as dry as the original video. Although we still do not spend our small budget on video creation (we spend it on creation rather than advertising for the most part), we have responded to feedback on that original video and we hope to improve more as time goes by. We now do not formally script our videos, and we use other members of the team to voice them in the hopes that they are more appealing.

Do let us know what you make of the other videos, and if you have any advice for improving further with our current provisions, please tell us!

All the best,

TINA
Co-Director @ Brain and Nerd
Mr.Burns Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:53am 
Looks interesting, i like the voice.
Bryon Jones[✠URE✠] Nov 8, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
who the heck decides on a games value based on the trailer voice?
Flying Spaghetti Monster Dec 4, 2013 @ 4:18am 
Originally posted by Bryon Jones:
who the heck decides on a games value based on the trailer voice?
I have no idea. Not having 'professional' voice actors nicely emphasises the fact that this is from a smaller studio, and in no way detracts from anything. The game looks very interesting so far, so i've given it my vote. I also like Tina's (I assume) voice on these videos.
Tinabeans  [developer] Dec 4, 2013 @ 4:37am 
Thanks for that! Yeah, that's my voice just. I am a wee bit of a voice actor, and actually have my voice in a small Steam-published game already called Huntsman: The Orphanage (I'm Molly, if anyone has played it), so I was hoping it wouldn't be too terribad in the trailers for Predestination *blushes*
Flying Spaghetti Monster Dec 4, 2013 @ 4:52am 
A celebrity, eh? I coincidentally bought Huntsman a while ago, but i've not managed to get around to playing it yet. I look forward to doing so.
Tinabeans  [developer] Dec 4, 2013 @ 5:03am 
Tee hee hee! You should give it a go: it's pretty nicely atmospheric, and some of the characters are really well done! My personal favourite is the groundskeeper, Jasper Croad... his acting is immense and Pam's script does him wonders.
Flying Spaghetti Monster Dec 4, 2013 @ 8:45am 
It's installed now, so i'll give it a run through very soon. Time to turn the lights out...
Flying Spaghetti Monster Dec 5, 2013 @ 8:49am 
Verdict So Far: It's downright creepy. :D
Tinabeans  [developer] Dec 5, 2013 @ 9:15am 
:D :D :D It is, huh? I love it, all in all, though I've not built up the resolve to enter the maze yet! Did you find the place where you can listen to the full character stories in-game?
Kristiana Jan 30 @ 8:16pm 
The voice acting during the livestream wasn't bad at all in fact!

Tina, show this to Brendan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fa7jeiHiM

I bet he'd go instant nostalgia mode ;)
Wolfbane Feb 21 @ 1:09pm 
I personally love the Irish accent :)
Why should everyone in or outside games speak perfect english. The world has different dialects as well.

And hey if you are looking for a voice with a dutch accent let me know :P
Thorn Mar 15 @ 6:03am 
+1 to Tina's voice. It's brilliant!
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50