This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

One Finger Death Punch
=F|R=Sarcinelli Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:46pm
Feedback
Ok, after playing a little with the Desura version I have some suggestions:

*Bind a key to pause (ESC)

It's kind of frustrating to pause the game in the middle of the action, I've always reach for the ESCAPE key but it does nothing.

Most of the time I don't even know where my cursor is and I end up getting hit before I manage to pause the game.

*Restart Level Button

Right now we only get the option to restart the level when we die, otherwise we have to quit to the map and click on the same level again.

I'm kinda perfectionist and don't give it a rest until I manage to get both the 0-miss and perfect medals so it would be nice to get the option to restart the level from the pause menu.

*Bind ESC to "go back" in the menus

Again, it's kind of annoying to use the cursor and click the "back" button.

*Controller Support

I would love to see full controller support for this game, it's a perfect game to play with friends on the couch.

*Better UI for the throwable perks (3 Daggers, 3 Arrows, etc.)

Would be nice to get a notification when these perks are activated during the level (a pop up or some colours, dunno).

Also, when you get throwable weapons, the colored bars under your character don't stretch/extend towards the next enemy.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but would be better if it extended, it would give players a better/clearer idea of when they can still hit the enemy from afar.

*Better Map UI/Legend/Icons

We need a better way to visualize what we've already got on played maps, right now we have to click on one by one to see the medals for each level.

A new set of icons on the map showing on the fly the medals unlocked for each level would be of great help!

Well, that's it for now.
Thanks for this great game, I'm in love with it right now.
You guys rock!
Last edited by =F|R=Sarcinelli; Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:52pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Silver Dollar Games  [developer] Nov 7, 2013 @ 5:56am 
Thank you so much for the feedback. These are all things we're very interested in working on and we're so thankful for you taking the time to write it all down. Hopefully the Steam version can reflect your ideas above. Again, thanks so much for your time.
More_Badass Nov 8, 2013 @ 7:11am 
Ha, I literally suggested the exact same things in the comments:
Two small changes: can pressing "Escape" pause the game, and can a replay level option be added? Either in the pause menu or be pressing R, for an instant restart? After every level, I replay it to get a perfect platinum and it would be a lot simpler if I could just restart right from the pause menu, rather than having to continue playing the level

And yeah it would nice if the map icons showed the medals, etc. that you earned so you don't have to press each one to remember if you perfected/platinum-ed it
Last edited by More_Badass; Nov 8, 2013 @ 7:12am
DarkWolf Nov 17, 2013 @ 3:49pm 
It would also be nice if you could navigate around on the map screen with the mouse or arrow keys so you could easily find the pathways you haven't cleared yet without having to move your "player marker."
ShaneWegner Nov 20, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
Microsocopic UI request- if you must have a Click to Continue button, can you make it be the size of a pancake and centered on the middle of the screen? That's where I focus anyway. Scrolling way down to the lower right corner the find the pea-sized green check mark takes precious seconds away from the otherwise ♥♥♥-kicking perfection!
ShaneWegner Nov 20, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
Body interface requests- my carpal tunnels are getting a little worn out on my mouse hand. More keybindings could help- like Left Shift, Right Shift. Right Button, Left Button on my Xbox Controller would be pretty handy. Left Bongo, Right Bongo or any other drum controller (Guitar Hero drums) could also be hilarious. Impractical, but binding Left Arrow, Right Arrow on my DDR pad would lead to funny YouTube videos. ; -)
Hobocaust Dec 1, 2013 @ 9:35pm 
Hi, I got this on desura and am loving it, but I have some suggestions and questions for some minor (at least conceptually) changes to the game.

Is the attack animation for missile weapons (bombs, arrows, and daggers) longer than a punch animation? Because it feels like it is, especially when I'm crowded. This turns missile weapons into a liability, rather than an advantage, in grandmaster mode most of the time. It's even worse because I often have to pick them up.

If I'm not imagining this--it's hard for me to tell for sure--please add a slight bullet time effect to ranged weapons to make up for it.

Also for action skills with a timer (like 10 seconds, etc) please slow down or stop the timer when they are active during rare or special attack animations (like the impale, last hit, punching out a heart, eye, etc). It's frustrating to watch my timer drain in real time while the game goes through an admittedly cool slow motion action sequence.

This game is awesome, and I feel like you've laid the ground work to refine it and make it even awesomer.

^_^

Edit: An update to my feedback there,.I was playing just now trying to pay attention to the timers and it does seem they stop random rare attacks (heart, sliced head, etc)? Maybe they keep going during the impale and last hit (scimitar) animation.

I guess ignore my suggestions because its so hard for me to tell as I'm mostly focused on the incoming enemies.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Last edited by Hobocaust; Dec 1, 2013 @ 11:46pm
Silver Dollar Games  [developer] Dec 5, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Thank you everyone for your great ideas. We're going to go through them and see what can be done.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50