Ce jeu a été Greenlighté par la communauté !

La communauté a montré son intérêt pour ce jeu. Valve a contacté ce développeur afin de préparer la sortie de ce jeu sur Steam.

The Sun at Night
warren.john.e 10 juil 2013 à 9h57
Founder & Designer Open for Questions
Hi, I'm John Warren and I'm one of the leads on this project. I am always super happy to discuss Laika Believes and am happy to field questions here. Thanks!
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 22
< >
Potatosackrider 14 juil 2013 à 1h14 
The game looks kinda interesting, and the fact that you're playing as a dog makes it pretty awsome.
Zullivan1987 14 juil 2013 à 2h33 
Great name for the videogame
warren.john.e 14 juil 2013 à 10h41 
Zullivan1987 a écrit :
Great name for the videogame

Thanks! Yeah we knew we didn't want the title to invoke revenge imagery but rather something hopeful.
warren.john.e 14 juil 2013 à 10h43 
The game looks kinda interesting, and the fact that you're playing as a dog makes it pretty awsome.

Thanks! Playing as a 2D dog has introduced some interesting development challenges, most obviously in the platforming and stair climbing. We think it's in a good place, though. We're going to be releasing more gameplay footage in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
blanu 16 juil 2013 à 18h17 
Thanks for making this game! I have some questions. Which of the following will be available in the game: rail gun, plasma rifle, grenade launcher, jet pack, boomerang, lantern, force blade, hoverboard, vorpal blade, anti-gravity boots, light saber, ninja star, battle yo-yo, Mjölnir. I know some of these are hard to yield without hands, but they could be turret mounted. Thank you for your time!
warren.john.e 17 juil 2013 à 18h49 
Rail gun -- close
Plasma rifle -- YES
Grenade launcher -- YES
Jet pack -- YES
Boomerang -- no
Lantern -- charging your blaster acts as a light source soooooooo YES
Hoverboard -- rocket jump kinda sorta does this sooooooo close
Vorpal blade -- aww man no, but now my brain is in overdrive...
Anti-gravity boots -- probably not in this episode but in a future installment
Light Saber™ -- PLEASE DON'T SUE US DISNEY (no)
Ninja Star -- enemies could throw these
Battle Yo-Yo -- nah
Mjolnir -- Laika's suit is made of the same stuff (maybe I just made that up)
[EQFL]CoffeeBlast 22 juil 2013 à 15h49 
Your game looks impressive, especially the map system. I actually think that might be one of the more technically impressive things in this game. But of course, technical details aren't everything. I like alternate histories. I bloody well love them. I look forwards to a well narrated tale about the Ascended!Soviet Union. One thing I'd almost like to see though, is a way through your actions to side with the Soviets.
[EQFL]CoffeeBlast 22 juil 2013 à 15h53 
Honestly, I really have fallen in love with your mapping system already, and I've only seen a little video clip of it. It's gonna change sidescrolling platformers forever if this game goes big.
warren.john.e 23 juil 2013 à 12h59 
Hi CoffeeBlast,

Thanks for the kind words! We're really stoked about the map system. It's one of those things in early tests that folks were initially confused by, but then when they got it they unanimously had a "eureka" moment. Navigation is pretty easy when you see where each new doorway takes you.

I can't speak in a lot of depth about the big choices in the game, but we do want to give the player the sense that some things are black and white and others are definitely gray.

There'll be more videos in the coming weeks about the choices you make and more on the map system (as well as other features, of course).

Thanks for your comments!

Best,
John
blanu 18 sept 2013 à 12h36 
Thanks for getting back to me on this John!

While I'm somewhat disappointed that some of my weapon ideas won't be in the game, the ones that require thumbs to wield, it makes sense and I understand that it adds to the realism of the game. I'm excited about the jet pack!

warren.john.e a écrit :
Rail gun -- close
Plasma rifle -- YES
Grenade launcher -- YES
Jet pack -- YES
Boomerang -- no
Lantern -- charging your blaster acts as a light source soooooooo YES
Hoverboard -- rocket jump kinda sorta does this sooooooo close
Vorpal blade -- aww man no, but now my brain is in overdrive...
Anti-gravity boots -- probably not in this episode but in a future installment
Light Saber™ -- PLEASE DON'T SUE US DISNEY (no)
Ninja Star -- enemies could throw these
Battle Yo-Yo -- nah
Mjolnir -- Laika's suit is made of the same stuff (maybe I just made that up)
Kauris Azurai 4 fév à 9h12 
I have a question. How are you planning on advertising enough to get past the wave of short sighted people who can't tell that this isn't against all Russians, isn't disrespectful to laika, etc. This game is amazing and I'd totally buy it. But I'm worried.
warren.john.e 6 fév à 16h38 
Hi there, lugia90001!

Thanks for the thoughtful question. Getting on Steam is super important to us, and it's clear that The Sun at Night has a polarizing effect on portions of our audience. We do think this is cool, to be totally honest, in the sense that we've created something that have people thinking about their ideals and their history.

While we agree that The Sun at Night does not disrespect the original story or memory of Laika (nor for that matter did we make something anti-Russian), we're trying not to dwell on the negativity we've faced since posting the game on Greenlight. We can only trust ourselves and our hearts, knowing that we've created something we're proud of.

We have a plan to market the game over the next month or so in a way to drive more traffic here. The best thing our naysayers can do is play the game to see that The Sun at Night doesn't diminish the realities of the past, but rather celebrates a fantastical idea that we brought to life.

We hope we get on Steam very soon -- with the help of our friends and fans I think we'll get there. We'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for your question and your enthusiasm about our game!

Best,
John
Motoki 8 fév à 13h03 
You know, it really does seem like a lot of care and effort was put into the making of this game but there's still something about using Laika that troubles me. Every time I think about that dog and her story it disturbs me. It was animal cruelty and I don't think it's something that should be trivialized.

Not that I even think you guys are intentionally doing that but still I just wish you had used any other dog but her. I'm a dog owner and when I think of Laika I just get sad. Maybe it's silly to some but that's something hard for me to get past.

If you're going to use her name then maybe you could raise awareness for the real Laika and animal abuse or give some proceeds to the Humane Society. Just something to maybe make those of us who are sensitive to animal abuse and the real Laika's situation and memory feel better about the game.

Even if some people may consider that silly or short sighted or argue that isn't the intent it's still how I feel and I'm having a tough time getting past it. Emotions are strange like that sometimes.
blanu 12 fév à 8h50 
Motoki, I feel the same way about Laika. It was a really sad story that's a part of the history of the Cold War and the space race. I think if you play the game and talk to everyone in the camp and read the notes and journals people have left you'll agree that this game is actually really sensitive to these issues. It's really a very thoughtful, philosophical game about the suffering that war creates for everyone involved. Despite having normal video game mechanics like the ability to shoot enemies and get weapon upgrades, this is not a game which celebrates or trivializes violence or cruelty. In the game, Laika fights against these things to create a better world. The game isn't anti-Russian. Many of the people in the resistance are Russian. Laika is fighting against a Soviet state which through its expansionist agenda has created a society in which violence and cruelty are acceptance in the name of rapid militarized industrialization. This is really a reflection on the history of the Cold War and not on the Russia people. The actual scientists that worked with the real Laika were very sad about the situation, but they had no choice in the matter.

Anyway these are my opinions based on what I've played so far. I think if you play the game you'll see that it's not what you expect. The level of thoughtfulness that went into this game is really surprising. It's possible my interpretation is way off from what the creators intended (I also loved Dollhouse and thought it was a pretty deep show despite what everyone says), but I just read a review that said something similar so check that out too: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/10/5375780/the-sun-at-night-review-lost-in-space
AKouns 7 mar à 22h48 
I didn't think this story was anti-Russian at all. In fact, I think it is pro-Russian. All the characters are Russian including Laika. The story still tugs at the ole heart strings but how couldn't it? Laika is such a cute puppy, and whats more cool is now she has a lazer beam!
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 22
< >
Par page : 15 30 50