This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Armikrog.
Josh Keaper Aug 31, 2013 @ 2:44pm
Links between Armikrog world and The Neverhood universe?
Are there any links between the world of Armikrog and The Neverhood universe (described in the Chronicles on the infamous wall)? Maybe it's just another world created by one of Quater's children? Could there be any allusions, maybe even easter eggs with references to the universe? Is it possible from the legal point of view? That would be awesome.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
quggsoy Sep 3, 2013 @ 11:40pm 
To my knowledge, Armikrog isn't set in the Neverhood universe, due to legal issues, since EA owns the rights to The Neverhood. It's possible that there'll be a number of vague/subtle references, but nothing that could infringe copyright.

Then again, I'm not too law-savvy. There are a bunch of indie games that reference each other very strongly, for instance BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Super Meat Boy each include the other's main character in the game. The fact that they're both indie games may have something to do with it, and their creators might have permission from each other.

I'm not really sure, but I do agree that it would be extremely awesome to see some sort of references.
Last edited by quggsoy; Sep 3, 2013 @ 11:40pm
Krodista Jan 14 @ 2:08pm 
There wont be anything from Neverhood in Armikrog sadly

EA owns the rights to Neverhood and all of its parts. Using anything from the Neverhood (no matter how small) would be lines for a lawsuit. As much as I wish that there would be something from the Neverhood in this game, it simply wont happen. Armikrog will have as much in common with the Neverhood as Earthworm Jim had to the Neverhood. Both were great games made by the same brilliantly talented individuals, this will be no exception
Josh Keaper Jan 16 @ 8:09pm 
Well, that's sad. But I'm sure the game will be great, no matter what.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50