This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mount Your Friends
Zelfore Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:02pm
Depending on the additional content, what's a fair price?
I think a smart pricing guide would look like this:
.99¢/.79€ if there is zero difference between the Xbox version, and the Steam version.
1.49$-1.99$/0.99£ if online play is added to the game.
2.49$-2.99$/1.99£ if steam achievements are added.
3.49$-3.99$/2.99£ if steam achievements and online are added.
4.49$-4.99$/3.99£ if steam cards are added. (Regardless of online.)
5.49$-5.99$/4.99£ if steam cards and achievements are both added. (Regardless of online.)
[FREE] if you're a complete ♥♥♥♥ who wants this game for when you can't access your gay p0rn.

Would anyone have any objections to these prices? Would it turn you away from buying it for content provided? Are you gonna shout "FREE, LOL!!" while you're drooling to the trailer footage? Leave some feedback.
Last edited by Zelfore; Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:04pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Thri11Ki11 Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:09pm 
The sweet spot for me with most indie titles (I own 300+) is usually around $4.99 - $5.99 for games of this genre (aka quick-fix arcade action).
Having the full Steamworks treatment of Online Play (meh for me), Leaderboards, Cheevs and Cards make it almost impossible for me not to impulse buy
[Deems<19> || PDX] Nov 4, 2013 @ 8:44pm 
I think the upper limit for me when it comes to weird off-beat games like these is about $7.99 if there is a lot of customization options. The game as it is right now, with only online play added, I would honestly pay about $3.99 for it. These quick fix kinda games are always a lot of fun to hop on really quick for a match online so I think online play is the biggest thing to add. I don't own the game but I have played with friends on their xbox and it was a hilarious blast. Totally looking forward to this games final release!

(As a side note, steam cards and achievements are really not a big deal to me. I honestly could totally do without. All I really want for the $7.99 price point is player appearance customization, maybe some gametype/gameplay customization or tweaks to choose from and online play. If there could be some sort of level building options to go along with gameplay/mode customization I would be completely sold and buy this as soon as its available)

(Final edit: A mac/linux version would be completely amazing. OS X is my main system for steam. I have a good PC but for convenience I would love to not have to fire up my PC everytime to play this game)
Last edited by [Deems<19> || PDX]; Nov 4, 2013 @ 8:58pm
Zelfore Nov 5, 2013 @ 4:08am 
Originally posted by Deems19:
I think the upper limit for me when it comes to weird off-beat games like these is about $7.99 if there is a lot of customization options. The game as it is right now, with only online play added, I would honestly pay about $3.99 for it. These quick fix kinda games are always a lot of fun to hop on really quick for a match online so I think online play is the biggest thing to add. I don't own the game but I have played with friends on their xbox and it was a hilarious blast. Totally looking forward to this games final release!

(As a side note, steam cards and achievements are really not a big deal to me. I honestly could totally do without. All I really want for the $7.99 price point is player appearance customization, maybe some gametype/gameplay customization or tweaks to choose from and online play. If there could be some sort of level building options to go along with gameplay/mode customization I would be completely sold and buy this as soon as its available)

(Final edit: A mac/linux version would be completely amazing. OS X is my main system for steam. I have a good PC but for convenience I would love to not have to fire up my PC everytime to play this game)

I agree this game is worth more than it is, but other customers might be turned off from buying it, knowing it's sold for only a dollar on Xbox Live. Which is why if there is literally no differences between the Steam version and the Xbox edition, pricing high would only lead to complaints.

Now if they even add something as simple as online play, they could easily get away with upping the price by 2 or 3 bucks. I made this price guideline to attempt reasoning with the cheapskates, mainly.

Also, more customization and computer options would be nice. Though, (according to the September 10th update), they have already added team editor, so that may be of interest to new players, and a possible pricing opportunity.
[Deems<19> || PDX] Nov 5, 2013 @ 10:22pm 
I here what you are saying. I think if it can be shown that there is a big difference between this release from the xbox release then people might not have a big issue with a higher price point. But if only a couple small features are added it will be really difficult to make the case for anything above 2 or 3 bucks I'd say, even though you and I can see the value in the game.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50