The Scrap Reserve
Evergreen Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:11am
Its a misc, but I like the fact that it could be a secondary.
YSMRR had a good point, just like mantrads were intended to be misc they became the tofort tooth-kicker. +50 metal wont do any good for buildings but how about +25% more metal pickup like the broken sentry parts scatterd everwhere, and the little ammo/metal packets.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Neon/Light Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:58am 
I GOT 99 WEAPONS BUT A MISC AIN'T ONE!
mojo Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:35pm 
I think this is a very good idea. The engie needs a bit more variety in the secondary slot. I use the wrangler atm but it's pretty incidental. A passive item that increases your metal grab and lets you focus on shootin stuff and buildin stuff without feeling like you're wasting slot 2 would be tops.
Skyuau Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:27pm 
Dude. You said +50 more metal is bad, but +25% is good, correct?
25% of 200 is 50.
Ruined Prophet Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:13pm 
Pro's :Can hold up to 500 metal and player starts with 100+ metal.

Con's : If Scrap Reserve is not full all ammo box's and metal's will go to the bag and resupply locker's/dispenser's can only fill it up to 300.
Undead Roadkill Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:40pm 
Originally posted by AsianNinja55:
25% of 200 is 50.
what he meant is that when you pick up things like ammo boxes you pick up 25% more than everyone else gets from that ammo box
Umbrella Incorporated Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:46pm 
I say it allows the Engie to carry up to 400 metal, but the resupply locker resets it to 200 when used, even if you have more.
witold1995 Jun 6, 2013 @ 8:45am 
+100 max metal. -20% movement speed.
casa Jun 6, 2013 @ 10:01am 
more people need to realize that adding more metal via this would make this an absolute monster of a combo with a gunslinger.
Umbrella Incorporated Jun 6, 2013 @ 10:31am 
My idea still requires the Engie to go out and get the extra metal, and if he has the metal but is low on health, he can go to the resupply locker to heal up but he loses his excess metal. Getting the extra metal isn't that big of a deal, but he still needs to go out and get it. Besides, the Gunslinger isn't that big of a deal anyways.

And if you still don't like the idea of extra metal, how about this: No slowdown when carrying buildings and instant re-deployment (like in MvM)?
Skyuau Jun 6, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Undead Roadkill™:
Originally posted by AsianNinja55:
25% of 200 is 50.
what he meant is that when you pick up things like ammo boxes you pick up 25% more than everyone else gets from that ammo box

so what happens to max metal?
casa Jun 6, 2013 @ 3:39pm 
Originally posted by Umbrella Incorporated:
My idea still requires the Engie to go out and get the extra metal, and if he has the metal but is low on health, he can go to the resupply locker to heal up but he loses his excess metal. Getting the extra metal isn't that big of a deal, but he still needs to go out and get it. Besides, the Gunslinger isn't that big of a deal anyways.

And if you still don't like the idea of extra metal, how about this: No slowdown when carrying buildings and instant re-deployment (like in MvM)?

The idea of allowing him to have more metal in general is just a little broken, seeing as there are loads of ammo packs on the way to the first point on payload, etc.
It would allow him to set up a tele exit, dispenser, and sentry without having to move, and then he's out of metal.
In koth, he's now got 3 instead of 2 mini sentries, so you have to go through more to actually kill him, if you decide to blow up the sents first. That's over 300 damage required for all 3, and the engi is trying to kill you while you're doing this. Adding metal to the engy isn't the best idea.

The idea of no slowdown is a whole lot better, but instant redeployment is too much, i'd be happy with a 33% (1/3) cut of the original build time.
Mr.ZerpDerp Jun 6, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by LT.kevlar knights core:
Pro's :Can hold up to 500 metal and player starts with 100+ metal.

Con's : If Scrap Reserve is not full all ammo box's and metal's will go to the bag and resupply locker's/dispenser's can only fill it up to 300.
But Without it u start with 200
Evergreen Jun 6, 2013 @ 8:36pm 
The point is that the engy should get +50% more metal from the ammo/metal packs around the maps
Evergreen Jun 6, 2013 @ 8:36pm 
so he has to travel around more
Senzorei Jun 6, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
Suggestion. Make it a primary slot passive item. Stats - +100 metal, 5 metal regeneration per 5 seconds (Dispensers and the passive regeneration can't regenerate over 200 metal) -20% speed.
Last edited by Senzorei; Jun 6, 2013 @ 11:38pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50