This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
Lucid Games Ltd  [developer] May 30, 2013 @ 1:04am
Any suggested improvements?
If you've played the game on iOS or VITA and have any suggestions for improvements to the PC version then let us know here
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
orb May 30, 2013 @ 3:32am 
I don't have a device with iOS or PlayStation VITA, so I couldn't play it, but by watching a couple of gameplay videos, I noticed that during dialogs you need to press play button after almost every line. That seems annoying, and even the people playing it on their touchscreen mobile devices who made these videos weren't used to that in the few of first scenes of the game (at least until arriving at the Camp Eagle Feather). That's one of the reasons I left it to vote later.

I don't know if there is an option already implemented for that, because no gameplay video I've watched shows game settings, but would it be possible that dialogs are played automatically?

Because on the most of the PC gaming machines the preferred pointing input is (still) mouse instead of a touchscreen, an improvement would be for sure smaller buttons (e.g. for accepting/refusing) than in the touchscreen version.
Lucid Games Ltd  [developer] May 30, 2013 @ 10:20am 
Definitely something we'll look into...
BaV Jun 1, 2013 @ 7:17am 
If you make this game on xbox will be great.
Ashcraft11 Jun 3, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
The game looks great and trailer look great as well, but form what i saw in the trailer you should many have a bit more challeging puzzels.
Lucid Games Ltd  [developer] Jun 4, 2013 @ 1:12am 
The puzzles are pretty challenging as it is, some are easier than others tho... A lot of it depends on how your brain works!
Discotech *in korea Jun 4, 2013 @ 7:15am 
I am wondering if this game will have options like AA. Also I love fully voiced over games but I just can't play them without subtitles. Just wondering if that is going to be an option.
andreasatc Jun 4, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Discotech *in korea:
I am wondering if this game will have options like AA. Also I love fully voiced over games but I just can't play them without subtitles. Just wondering if that is going to be an option.

I kind of agree. For someone whose mother language isn't english, it might be challenging to understand what the characters are saying if there aren't subtitles to assist in that task. I don't know if you guys have subtitles, but in case you don't, you might want to work on that. Game looks great, though!
Last edited by andreasatc; Jun 4, 2013 @ 4:15pm
orb Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by andreasatc:
I don't know if you guys have subtitles, but in case you don't, you might want to work on that.
If you look at gameplay videos from iOS/VITA version, you'll see subtitles, and a blue play button next to them which advances the dialogs (the annoying clicking after each line I was writing about earlier), so no worries, subtitles are there, and by default you can read them as long as you want.
Discotech *in korea Jun 5, 2013 @ 2:52am 
Didn't even see that there were ios/vita vids. I'll look them up. Thanks.
Lucid Games Ltd  [developer] Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:13am 
yes, the game has subtitles throughout in all languages
Darkonacon Jul 2, 2013 @ 12:07am 
It would be great to see Linux support.
dsk1210 Jul 2, 2013 @ 4:42am 
I know this is not the place for it guys, but whats the chances of getting the geometry wars franchise rights back? would even love to see geometry wars 2 on steam at some point.

Voted the greenlight for this and good luck with all your future endevours guys, just watched a video on what happened at Bizzare creations, thta was a huge blow to the gaming community.
Lucid Games Ltd  [developer] Jul 9, 2013 @ 5:31am 
HI there, unfortunately we don't own the rights to Geometry Wars, they belong to Activision.. Thanks for the vote anyway!
Gussver Jul 21, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
I suggest removing "Part 1" from the title of the Greenlight title. Surely, if the first part gets greenlit you intend to release the remaining ones?

A lot of people who're generally not a fan of episodic games will instantly dismiss it based on the title. I haven't seen any other game on Greenlight mention its episodic nature in the title.
Last edited by Gussver; Jul 21, 2013 @ 5:18pm
linzi Jul 24, 2013 @ 3:27am 
Originally posted by Darkona's Madness:
It would be great to see Linux support.

+1 for Linux support!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50