This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Lost Sector Online
Fastdash Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:55pm
DO NOT MAKE PAY TO WIN!
I like the idea of it being free. I really hope it doesn't turn Pay to Win.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Balchad Sep 23, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
explain what is a pay to win?
Fastdash Sep 25, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
Pay to win is when there is an overpowered item that you pay for. It leaves everyone who needs to buy it, but can't, too slowly quit the game because they cannot do well. Anyways I don't want overpowered items either.
Cammy Sep 25, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
Yeah, they need some sort of revenue, though, so there are probably going to be at least weapons or levels you have to pay for...
I wish I could drop 20 or 40 dollars for a comple game, instead of probably having to pay $100+ to get everything and they're gonna keep adding stuff.
I don't see why developers have to turn to this, I mean the Torchlight series could have easily been pay to win, but it succeeds in bringing the money because they're damn good games, not because it suckered people in with "Free" To Play.
Last edited by Cammy; Sep 25, 2013 @ 7:35pm
Fastdash Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:19am 
Good idea. Maybe something like cash you pay for with paypal or somethng.
Akyonn Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
F2P micro transaction styled online games are a hit, and miss in regards to influncing new players to join. Least I forget to mention that those who pay get rewards worth paying, for though at the same time keeping the rewards not directly based on items of imbalance.

No matter the format they go with it falls upon the developer to find the owrking formula.
Nicolon3L Sep 29, 2013 @ 6:51pm 
why not pay to lead system ??
Fastdash Sep 29, 2013 @ 6:56pm 
I'm talking about when a game is like " Hey, we are making a very overpowered item you need to pay for". This leaves people who don't want to pay to get steamrolled by everyone who payed.
pickel rickle Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:10am 
How about making it like TF2? You can still win and enjoy it a lot.
Fastdash Nov 22, 2013 @ 8:38pm 
Originally posted by SexySatan:
TF2 is a good example. It has weapons you can get by playing the game, or from buying them, but none of them are overpowered. If they are overpowered, they would be nerfed. They made a good design decision the ultimatley helped Valve earn more money, and made players happy. That worked for Valve, but I don't know for this game. They might have to experiment with different things, and find out what works and what doesn't.
pickel rickle Nov 22, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
Originally posted by OVER9000FTW:
Originally posted by SexySatan:
TF2 is a good example. It has weapons you can get by playing the game, or from buying them, but none of them are overpowered. If they are overpowered, they would be nerfed. They made a good design decision the ultimatley helped Valve earn more money, and made players happy. That worked for Valve, but I don't know for this game. They might have to experiment with different things, and find out what works and what doesn't.
Yeah
PunisherLex Apr 23, 2014 @ 6:23pm 
I have played the alpha, the only thing that I see which could remotely make it pay to win is its rental system, which the conversion rate is at 2 gold to a platinum. or you can grab platinum as a drop. (Please note that gold is the paid currency in the game as far as I know of) But even then the rental system only allows you to have that weapon for a week, even though you are allowed to extend the time you are not allowed to have the item permenantly, this makes the item more of a rare achievment item that you would use every once in a blue moon Looking at the price of gold its a pretty bad idea to use it for pay to win purposes. Especially when the platinum comes as a rare drop.
ZED Tyler Durden May 14, 2014 @ 7:37pm 
Does anyone else miss the days of playing a game when it was complete? Buying a game and being done with the transaction! Hell even monthly charges are cheaper that these micro transaction games. At least with a monthly fee everyone had access to the total content of the game!

When it comes to any purchase... if i cannot keep it i dont buy it. Especialy if it is a digital item. i have supported a few FREE to PLAY games but what i bought i still have access forever/ until game closes. Rental systems are garbage!! P E R I O D!

They can in many ways make a F2P game non pay to win. Played many games with different implemants of this system. IMO it depends on there level of greed. and renting is greedy/ not much different than a monthly fee if you think about it!!!
Last edited by ZED Tyler Durden; May 14, 2014 @ 7:39pm
S_Blackheart Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:42am 
simple answer... boycott f2p that are ptw and it will help set the standard for f2p games.
lol)
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50