This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

NaissanceE
Sera May 28, 2013 @ 10:13am
Opinions on this game and its sounds.
For people who complain about the music, you need to get an open mind. This music (which is not really a music anyway) reminds me deep and tense horror games along with wtf games like Yume Nikki. It lets you feel insanity and chaotic loneliness. As I was watching, I was partly stressed and I felt the horror of the game even if nothing around was really scary. If you take a moment to think, that large and strange place probably has more hidden horror than it shows. I'm a stressed person myself and if I were to play this, I'd probably turn insane easily. The sound and what the place represents seems too strong for my nerves, lol. Otherwise, the game does its purpose well. Find the way out and survive, body and mind.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
e-r0c-it May 28, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
I love the music in the trailer. Reminds me of The Shining and tense isolated feel it created. Would be cool to hear this reflected in the actual gameplay music/sounds
Limasse Five  [developer] May 28, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
Glad to know some people like the music and appreciate the atmosphere it creates. This kind of experimental ambient music is indeed not the one most easy to listen. It's clearly an homage to Giorgi Ligety and it will be a bit different in the game, but still relatively unusual.
Broface MacCain May 28, 2013 @ 8:41pm 
The music in the trailer was really fascinating to me because it wasn't music, per se. It was more of an ambient sound, and the reason I like it so much was because I wasn't exactly sure what I was listening to, and that feeling is disturbing, to say the least. If the creator was going for the creepy environment vibe, I'd say he (or she) hit that target between the eyes.
Sera May 29, 2013 @ 9:56am 
I agree with you... The feeling of disturbance is strong in this one and that's why I like it. It wouldn't be the same if the trailer showed what I expect to be scary from the music. No, instead it only shows somewhere. Here and there and with this sound... It lets us feel and wonder what the heck this place is and what could be there. As I said, I doubt I'd play it but the game certainly is interesting and got me curious.
[CTM] Zeroland Jun 2, 2013 @ 6:58am 
reminds me silent hill from Akira Yamaoka ! (pretty good !)
Sera Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:09am 
Silent Hill is not exactly the same feel as this but it certainly share its creepy design. We have no idea what really is in there. Even if there's nothing, our fear may make us think there is.
Sgt.Psycho Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:13am 
I like the music/soundscape. It suits the game design. I'd hope that there's some interactivity in that respect so that the game responds to the player's actions and there's a real feeling of being involved, not just passively experiencing it.
Grimpak Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:40am 
Getting serious vibes of Tsutomu Nihei's Blame! work here. Add a bit of dirt and wear & tear and you have the Superstructure. Did Limasse Five got the inspiration for the enviroment from here?
OurShipOfTheImagination Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
I keep getting more and more excited about this. The blame! influences, the sound, the shadows. I really can not wait to try this out. It has been some time since I have been so excited for a game. This feels good.
jayP Jul 13, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
I picked up on the BLAME! influence immediately too, I was wondering if the devs where inspired by that manga when developing these environments
Numnzel Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:06pm 
I agree with other users, the music creates a very effective an incredible feeling of disorientation, really disturbing and a little scary.
Everything together makes you goosebumps, it's like a battle between the (increasingly large) curiosity and fear of being totally lost in the middle of a vast and unknown site.
rockymountains Jul 17, 2013 @ 7:50am 
The music, and sometimes the surroundings and atmosphere, remind me of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Anything that reminds me of Kubrick has to be good.
mnh_Russia Aug 6, 2013 @ 11:53am 
*shut up and take my money!*

if it possible, when the game will be released, it would be great to have a chance to buy soundtrack with game, with "original trailer theme", 'cause it is really amazing! (special for mnh_Russia) :-D

thanks, people! i really wait the time when the game will be done!
catharsis Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:59pm 
Yeahp, I second the soundtrack option. This looks (& sounds) awesome!
xpnnnBiceps! Nov 11, 2013 @ 6:52am 
nice
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50