Yhteisö on antanut tälle pelille julkaisuluvan!

Yhteisö on osoittanut mielenkiintonsa tätä peliä kohtaan. Valve on ottanut yhteyttä kehittäjiin saadakseen pelille Steam-julkaisun.

Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 20. kesä, 2013 10.28
ALPHA DEMO DISCUSSION: Give us feedback and opinions about the demo here
We would love to hear your feedback and opinions directly, thats why we opened this discussion. You can also report us any bugs you find here. You can even tell us what would you like to see in the game, all feedback is appreciated :)

Here you have the download links:
Links:
WINDOWS (64mb):
Red Little House website Mirror[www.redlittlehousestudios.com]

MAC (65mb):

LINUX* (76mb):

This playable demo contains:
  • A small level, part of the the first floor of the hotel, with the big lobby room, the maintenance corridor and Ninette's office.
  • Up to 9 characters you can talk, some of them with different dialogue options.
  • More than 30 scenery objects you can interact with.
  • More than 7 objects you will have to find and use to resolve the conversational puzzles.
  • Two different habilities to use, Anvil and Balloon.
  • Tons of lines of dialogue for Cherry, the different NPC's and the majority of scenery objects. You can even examine all these objects and characters for more information and jokes about them.
  • Two types of controls, keyboard and game pad (we recommend using a game pad).
  • One of the first music demo tracks, and sound effects for the some of the objects, all done by the Hankins Studio.
  • A small story from start to finish that will not appear in the final game.
  • Endings that come in three different tones, black, white and grey! And what you choose doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things!

As this is only an alpha demo version lots of things will vary between this demo, future demos, and the final game.
  • Only the conversational puzzles part of the game appear in this demo, environmental puzzles will be showed in future ones.
  • Items, puzzles and characters will change in the future.
  • You will be able to customize your controls in the future.
  • The game adapts to the resolution of your desktop, up to 1920X1080 and 16:9.
  • The game works better on new computers, but older computers also play fine, with the only change being the FPS. The problems that can occur with this are the text going slower (and even pressing the button so the text goes faster will not work in that case), and that you can break through some objects in a big jump of FPS. We recommend for Mac users to close all the programs before playing.
  • The inventory of this demo is very straitghtforward (get an object and use it), but the final game will have a managable inventory typical of other adventure games.
  • Cherry will have improved walking animations and also standing and iddle ones. We will also add animations to the NPC's and objects in the scenery.
  • Some of the background scenery will also be redrawn.
  • You can encounter some bugs.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Red Little House; 22. joulu 4.14
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
< >
WeelKilla420 29. kesä, 2013 10.22 
I believe the game needed a bit more...energy to it, i know its only an Alpha though but i like the art style and the main character.

I will send you a friend request so i can talk to you about the game, but i do think it has potential! :D
TAG 29. kesä, 2013 11.16 
Game-breaking bug: As soon as the game starts, Cherry just runs northwest constantly, and there's no way to get her to stop moving in that direction. I can still move southwest and southeast (though it does nothing to get me out of the area I'm trapped in), but there's no way I can get her to move north, south, east, west, or northeast. This is for the Windows version, btw.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on TAG; 29. kesä, 2013 11.22
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 1. heinä, 2013 0.50 
Exterminator lähetti viestin:
I believe the game needed a bit more...energy to it, i know its only an Alpha though but i like the art style and the main character.

I will send you a friend request so i can talk to you about the game, but i do think it has potential! :D

Thanks, would love to talk more in depth if you want. Just added you to the friend list. We are in the studio from 9am-5:30pm (CET) so you can ask druing those hours.

TAG lähetti viestin:
Game-breaking bug: As soon as the game starts, Cherry just runs northwest constantly, and there's no way to get her to stop moving in that direction. I can still move southwest and southeast (though it does nothing to get me out of the area I'm trapped in), but there's no way I can get her to move north, south, east, west, or northeast. This is for the Windows version, btw.

Mmm, thats strange, people are not having problems with the Windows versions. Can you download the game and try it again if you have some time? We sometimes had some problems if the zip was downloaded badly. If you continue with the same problem, could you post your system specs, we would like to know if it creates problems with different cards or specs. Thanks you in advance.
Flotilla 1. heinä, 2013 16.31 
The game looks a little unpolished at the moment, but I'm enthusiastic that the final version will be something worth paying for and then some. I hope you guys can somehow manage to continue development even if the Kickstarter doesn't pull through, I hate seeing nice projects like this die because of lack of funds.
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 2. heinä, 2013 3.26 
Flotilla lähetti viestin:
The game looks a little unpolished at the moment, but I'm enthusiastic that the final version will be something worth paying for and then some. I hope you guys can somehow manage to continue development even if the Kickstarter doesn't pull through, I hate seeing nice projects like this die because of lack of funds.

Well, its a little unpolished because it an alpha prototype. But thanks for the feedback :) And dont worry, will try to do everything we can so this game sees the light of day, as we know we can create somethign great with it. And well, we love cartoons. :D
Scrawffler 7. heinä, 2013 12.46 
Tried the Windows version. Running on Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), 4gb RAM, dual core.

I didn't come across any bugs that affected the gameplay, which was great. It does concern me that TAG had that glitch where Cherry wouldn't stop running, but it's not something I experienced. It would be interesting to hear if other people had this happen.

I did notice that there were quite a few spelling and grammar errors during conversations. I can go through the alpha again and help pinpoint the exact ones if it's helpful, but I expect this is something you'll all go through carefully before release anyway. Just wanted to give you the heads up that I found a fair amount of errors, so it'll be something to watch out for. Not the end of the world, but when it's cleaned up it will make the game look better overall!

Considering how early in production it is, the game was nice to play, the puzzles made sense (well, to those of us familiar with classic cartoon logic it made sense!) and the characters and sets are nicely designed. There is some really nice character animation there too.

The gameplay difficulty seems to be good so far. The alpha demo is quite easy to complete, but it's also set at the beginning of the game, so I expect the puzzles will become more difficult as the game progresses. I like that there are puzzles that encourage you to "think outside the box" - something that I always think is important in adventure games - and that the puzzles fit in nicely with the cartoon atmosphere. For example, putting items together to build a hammer and then use the hammer to destroy a statue. Although my favourite part so far is the bit with the anvil!

Anyway, good job so far!

Do you plan to release more alpha or beta demos? It will be interesting to see how the game develops during production. I hope you get the funding from Greenlight as I'm sure that will help, but I am glad to hear that you plan to finish the project whatever the outcome! :)
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 17. heinä, 2013 4.49 
Scrawffler lähetti viestin:
Tried the Windows version. Running on Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), 4gb RAM, dual core.

I didn't come across any bugs that affected the gameplay, which was great. It does concern me that TAG had that glitch where Cherry wouldn't stop running, but it's not something I experienced. It would be interesting to hear if other people had this happen.

I did notice that there were quite a few spelling and grammar errors during conversations. I can go through the alpha again and help pinpoint the exact ones if it's helpful, but I expect this is something you'll all go through carefully before release anyway. Just wanted to give you the heads up that I found a fair amount of errors, so it'll be something to watch out for. Not the end of the world, but when it's cleaned up it will make the game look better overall!

Considering how early in production it is, the game was nice to play, the puzzles made sense (well, to those of us familiar with classic cartoon logic it made sense!) and the characters and sets are nicely designed. There is some really nice character animation there too.

The gameplay difficulty seems to be good so far. The alpha demo is quite easy to complete, but it's also set at the beginning of the game, so I expect the puzzles will become more difficult as the game progresses. I like that there are puzzles that encourage you to "think outside the box" - something that I always think is important in adventure games - and that the puzzles fit in nicely with the cartoon atmosphere. For example, putting items together to build a hammer and then use the hammer to destroy a statue. Although my favourite part so far is the bit with the anvil!

Anyway, good job so far!

Do you plan to release more alpha or beta demos? It will be interesting to see how the game develops during production. I hope you get the funding from Greenlight as I'm sure that will help, but I am glad to hear that you plan to finish the project whatever the outcome! :)

We will try to release in the future more demos, for example to show the zelda type puzzle parts. Thanks a bunch for your opinion and comments as it help us a lot and elvates our morale :)
And sorry for not answering before, seems we didn't notice they were new messages on the forum part.
Anuk 29. tammi 5.50 
I have just finished the Windows version demo and I want to comment few things:

- The colision with the fountain. The fountain is square with cut corners. Well, when you walk near of those cut corners the colision to them it's like if they weren't cut. So it seems that something invisible is blocking you.

- Possible fail on the control of the gamepad's joystick. It can be a fail of my Xbox controller, but sometimes when I move (and just a little) the joystick in southeast direction, Cherry keeps moving on that direction for a "long" time. Obviously I have already taken off my finger from the joystick when she keeps moving. But, as I said, it could be an error of my gamepad, cause it doesn't happen when I use the keyboard. Anyway, you should check it.

- Bug when Cherry's inflated. When you get inflated and you go near the clown or any object you can interact with, if you press the B button Cherry's image starts to alternate really quickly between the inflated image and the normal image. It doesn't happen when she's crushed.

These are all the fail/bugs I found in the demo, but I will also like to suggest you some things:

- Back button. As the A button is to select different dialogues I will also add that the B button do the counter thing. If you want to end a conversation you have to find the dialogue of "good bye" or something like that (which is the last of the dialogue options). That could be a bit unconfortable when you just enter on a dialogue by error or you just want to go back to the previous dialogue options. So you could add that the B button has the function of "going back" or "exit".

- Change the way notice you that you have gotten an item. "[You get a coin]" or "[You get a torch]" is really ugly. You could show those messages but I think you should add the image of the item too.

Well, this is all. It's been a long time since you released the demo so I suppose that you have fixed a lot of things, but I wanted to tell my opinion.
光雄䝿 16. touko 6.03 
Here are a few ideas: The game should be in black-and-white only in the beginning, and later in the game, color appears everywhere. The 1930s were well known for the pretty colors. Flip The Frog's Fiddlesticks from 1930 was the first cartoon that has both color and sound, and Disney's Flowers & Trees from 1932 was the first cartoon to be in full color. Ub Iwerks' ComiColor series from 1933-1936 is also well known. Also, the game should have voice acting, but it needs to sound like it was recorded in the 1930s.
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 16. touko 7.52 
Hey, thanks for your comments.

@Anuk: The bugs are being taken care of: the fountain is now aligned with the tile system we are using, the joystick sensitivity has been reduced a bit, the inflate code is being remade from scratch. And the dialogues suggestion is a nice one, we'll keep it in mind.

@光雄䝿: Our game starts when a black and white short film was about to be shot, so it'll be mainly in black and white. The voice acting is something we can't afford right now.
MRNasher 26. touko 5.09 
Hi guys and gals.

I've been toying with the alpha demo of Cherry and since you've asked for feedback I'd like to give you my thoughts.

I know it's in alpha so obviously there are some gonna be things that need refinement, animation, direction and grammatical mistakes so here's what I noticed.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
-----------------------------
Basically the movement system seems to need refining.

Using cursor keys it's sometimes fiddly to get in the right position to examine/interact with an object and found myself sliding back n fore till the symbol stays up long enough to press A. Was somewhat easier with gamepad.

When objects are close together can be hard to click on the right one. This was most notable in Ninette's office with the coat-rack and litter-box close together. It took me a while to click on Ninette correctly and thought the demo was over as all she'd say is 'Dont touch my stuff'.

Typically I prefer to use the mouse to move and see objects I can work with light up or animate, but that's a stylistic choice too of course.

WHAT I LIKED
*Loved the art and animation style throughout.
*The subtle hints in descriptions and conversations guiding you as to what to do rather than heavy-handed exposition.
*The self-aware forth-wall breaking descriptions of objects and conversations (that Cherry is a cartoon character in a game).
*The hidden path in the ducting.
*Liked the option to remove the post-processing filter (preferred it on but a wise choice).

OTHER NOTES
I've been playing a lot of games by Daedalic recently (Deponia, Whispered World, etc) they have a few stylistic ideas that may or may not be things you want to consider.

1) Skip conversation text (possibly just when repeated) with a key press. Holding A seems to speed it up but makes little difference.

2) Highlight all interactive objects by holding space (helps reduce pixel hunt irritation but also potentially makes the game too easy if items are too obvious or close together).

3) Hint system, one that doesn't tell you exactly what to do but highlights what your current goal is in a cryptic way.

I've played a number of games with my nephew (8 years old) and he loves point and clicks. He loses interest when he gets stuck. He loves progressing and figuring stuff out but when he gets stuck he either asks for help or turns off.

Difficulty levels where by the higher the difficulty the more (abstract) steps are required to achieve the same goals.

Range of puzzles. Too many games rely on fetch quests. Varying the types of puzzle you have to pass make for a more rewarding experience. I recall the early Broken Sword series being good at that.

I think everyone loves easter-eggs. Any time you can add in hidden paths, collectibles, in jokes, idle animations, objects you can interact with and hard to reach areas that are not critical to the game but add interest and a sense of achievement.

Replayability is tough with adventures as they are essentially the same game/puzzles over n over. If you can find a way to make it either long and rewarding and/or replayable and fun it often gets noted in reviews and it's something that certainly attracts me, I love value for money :P

The early B&W shorts you are using for reference have to be a rich vein to tap and while many references will go past peoples heads I love catching an obscure reference often makes a scene more memorable. Futurama S08 E13 "Reincarnation" did some smart stuff with this.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys and gals. This is a cracking start to what would be a game I'd love to play.

Nasher.

P.S.
Just read at the top about scrolling of text speed so ignore that. I was running ti at 1920x1080 and it looks great. Love the bold big characters, the videos made me think they were much smaller for some reason.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on MRNasher; 26. touko 5.55
MRNasher 26. touko 5.15 
光雄䝿's post sorta put me in mind of Sin City and the recent Giana Sisters game.

In Sin City B&W often gave huge accent to single splashes of red or yellow and can be really effective.

In Giana Sisters they have a switching system whereby when you switch the world around you radically alters things that were inaccessible are now open but other elements are removed. Its a mechanic to consider at least where colour becomes both useful and a block to progress.

光雄䝿 lähetti viestin:
Here are a few ideas: The game should be in black-and-white only in the beginning, and later in the game, color appears everywhere. The 1930s were well known for the pretty colors. Flip The Frog's Fiddlesticks from 1930 was the first cartoon that has both color and sound, and Disney's Flowers & Trees from 1932 was the first cartoon to be in full color. Ub Iwerks' ComiColor series from 1933-1936 is also well known. Also, the game should have voice acting, but it needs to sound like it was recorded in the 1930s.
Red Little House  [kehittäjä] 26. touko 7.05 
Thanks a lot for the in-depth analysis, Nasher. The alpha has some time now, and we think we have sorted out some of the problems you point out: the game feels a little easier to navigate with keyboard, although it's still easier with gamepad; and now we don't rely so much in fetch quests but there are also some environmental puzzles (you can see a small hint in our latest video, pushing some boxes/statues, using lilypad, and some others we have still to show).

The art and animation of the game, although you say it looks good (thanks!), is being revamped, so the game will look even better.

Having difficulty levels in an adventure game is a bit hard, for example, Monkey Island 2 uses that, but the easy difficulty feels like they cut out some puzzles, and not necessary the hardest ones, but just the longest. For now, we'll be aiming for only one difficulty level, although there will be some optional environmental puzzles, which are going to be a real challenge.
MRNasher 26. touko 8.08 
Hi there Red Little House,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i pretty much played the alpha and noted down my thoughts. Afterwards i saw a few concerns and notes I had were already being addressed (unsurpisingly i'm sure most are obvious to you guys and to everyone else here).

The artwork is superb. I photoshopped together the concept sketches you've released and made it my desktop wallpaper. Cherry has something of the 'classic' about her. the simple design is most effective and captivating. I can only imagine with refinement and more animation in the world of the hotel it will only get more impressive and fun to explore.

I assumed that you were not intending to add full voice work, which does work with the black n white style but i can imagine Cherry uttering little Betty boop like squeeks and eeks when things befall (or simply fall on) her.

I'm sure i have no need to tell you guys that the main thing is to make it fun and I agree with your assesssment of Monkey Island 2. The longer, the more engaging, the less frustrating and more rewardning the better... however you can achieve it. For me "rewarding" is the word i most want to use when i play and remember playing a game. You have a superb base from which to progress and the only way is up. I will be following your progress and eager to demo and test until i can get the full game for myself.

Best of Luck,

Nasher.
ModernB 1. kesä 13.53 
I love the atmoshpere and overall aesthetic of the game. I haven't encountered any glitches on my end except for a few spelling errors. I do have a few questions though: who is doc and have you guys experimented with additional playble characters? Send me a friend request later on so that I can let you guys know if any other bugs show up.
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50