¡Este software está ahora disponible en Steam!

Gracias por ayudar a que este software sea seleccionado para su distribución en Steam. Abajo puedes encontrar más información, incluyendo un enlace a la tienda de Steam.

Leadwerks
WNxKraid 5 de Jun, 2013 a las 9:30
Transfering whole mods to Leadwerks
Since you allready mentioned that Leadwerks is able to import Source assets, might it be possible in the future to transfer whole Source mods to Leadwerks?

I think the biggest issue might be the programming side, since most mods rely on the source engine code a lot and there's only LUA available on Leadwerks.
Why no Phyton and C++/C#?

Also: any chance that there will be possibilities to export stuff back to Source, so that this Software could also be used as a replacement for the Source SDK, to create maps and import models and textures?
Kinda automatic compiling for textures and models into source format and exporting the compiled map to bsp. (if you're not allready using these formats)
Mostrando 1-8 de 8 comentarios
< >
Josh 5 de Jun, 2013 a las 9:37 
We do allow C++ programming in the full version. We'll probably have one that does just Lua, and another for full C++/Lua programming.

Our map geometry will work with the Source BSP compiler. In fact, older products of ours use to hook into various BSP compilers, so I am well aware of the process.

If there is demand for it, we'll add more integration with Source SDK. I love Hammer but it is a pretty old program, and Leadwerks is a bit more user-friendly.
WNxKraid 5 de Jun, 2013 a las 12:12 
Publicado originalmente por Josh:
I love Hammer but it is a pretty old program, and Leadwerks is a bit more user-friendly.
That's exactly why i was asking about the source integration.
Because if things like texture/model import, material and shader creation are faster and easier then in the source SDK, this could easily become the new must have Tool for all developers using source engine.
Josh 5 de Jun, 2013 a las 15:01 
Do you know any good active mod/mapping sites to post this on?
Leadwerks Software  [desarrollador] 5 de Jun, 2013 a las 16:44 
I'm very interested in blurring the line between "modding" and "indie game development".
Psychoschuetze 7 de Jun, 2013 a las 9:23 
moddb?
Psychoschuetze 9 de Jun, 2013 a las 5:30 
maybe you consider *.map import :)
Leadwerks Software  [desarrollador] 9 de Jun, 2013 a las 7:33 
I've loaded .map files before. Well familiar with how they work.
Psychoschuetze 9 de Jun, 2013 a las 7:46 
That would be great as many mod developers could easily convert their mods to standalone versions and better lightning and textures. Please make this happen before greenlit :)
Will contanct developer of Vampire Slayer right now :)
Mostrando 1-8 de 8 comentarios
< >
Por página: 15 30 50