This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Full Bore
More_Badass Oct 2, 2013 @ 7:40pm
My Impressions
This game is fantastic. It's on sale now for $5 and I highly recommend getting it to support the developers.
---
Nine months after a successful Kickstarter campaign, Whole Hog Games has released their puzzle adventure game Full Bore. It's a charming game that combines tricky block based puzzles with open world exploration and an interesting story.

You're just a lonely boar who finds himself trapped in the mysterious mining operation deep beneath the earth. Weird machinery and logs of anomalies hint at some unnatural happenings in the tunnels and bored out caverns and as your adventure progresses, the pieces slowly come together. The world of Full Bore is sprawling and expansive and quite pretty, stretching from dark lava filled depths to the sunny green surface; doorways found throughout the world lead to puzzle filled rooms and other areas. Puzzles revolve around pushing and manipulating blocks, each with their own properties and function, as well as exploring and digging your way to new areas. A wonderful lighting system gives each location its own atmosphere and ambiance.

Right now, purchasing Full Boar gives you the first half of the game, titled The First Dig, which offers about seven hours of puzzles and exploration. The second half will be added later in an update and will include even more diverse locations such as ancient trap filled temples, abandoned industrial ruins, and more of the surface wilderness.

Full Bore is not really a platformer, more focused on puzzles. You're not jumping across gaps or over traps or anything like that. The pace is methodical and slower due to puzzle-centric gameplay, allowing you to take in the atmosphere and art style, explore at your leisure. The early puzzles are definitely there to teach you the basics but they do get more challenging and you'll have to think about a number of variables: how to position blocks and where they'll end up if you move something, the blocks' functions and relationship with other blocks, how your actions will affect the environment, etc. I find the slower gameplay a nice change of pace after coming from Dustforce and Spelunky.
Last edited by More_Badass; Oct 2, 2013 @ 7:41pm
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
WholeHogGames-Casey  [developer] Oct 9, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
Why have I not pinned this yet? Jeez, absentee developer here.
GlobZOsiris Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
Absolutly More_Badass. This smart indi puzzle-platformer game, made by 3 peoples in few months has clearly his place next to
• Fez
• Blocks That Matter
• Teslagrad
• Toki Tori 2
• Offspring Fling
• Hammerfest
Last edited by GlobZOsiris; Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:03pm
More_Badass Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by WholeHogGames-Casey:
Why have I not pinned this yet? Jeez, absentee developer here.
:)

You guys deserve all the praise you get. It's amazing that this is a debut effort. And thanks for stopping by (or at least one of your team) the GAF thread.
WholeHogGames-Casey  [developer] Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:50pm 
I want to stop by, but my NeoGAF account (onlysol) is still in the moderation queue :(
More_Badass Oct 9, 2013 @ 2:28pm 
Originally posted by WholeHogGames-Casey:
I want to stop by, but my NeoGAF account (onlysol) is still in the moderation queue :(
I helped "chumple" get his account through. Let me message a mod. I'll get back to you in a few
Last edited by More_Badass; Oct 9, 2013 @ 2:28pm
More_Badass Oct 9, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
@onlysol - You can post now on NeoGAF
GlobZOsiris Oct 9, 2013 @ 2:46pm 
Your pseudonym is a lie Badass. ^^
WholeHogGames-Casey  [developer] Oct 9, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
Sweet, I will now post on GAF bearing gifts
Kein Zantezuken Oct 10, 2013 @ 1:41am 
RPS was disappointed with FB but praised Knock-Knock (haha).
I was disappointed with RPS but praise FB.

I'm glad I stumbled upon it on some forums. My first thought were: "What. Metroidvania? Pffft, look at these unoriginal, possible pre-generated or automatically generating levels. That's not lovely crafted Metroidvania game, looks more like cheap game with indie label on it slapped".

Boy I glad I was wrong. You literally can feel how much love went into this game (right from the beginning, from the starting screen - yep, it is still a starting screen).

I can't wait for part 2.
Last edited by Kein Zantezuken; Oct 10, 2013 @ 1:42am
GlobZOsiris Oct 10, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
The web is full of surprise Kein. ^^

Am I the only one to find the Full Bore visual too drab/grey/lightless ?
Last edited by GlobZOsiris; Oct 10, 2013 @ 12:37pm
Kein Zantezuken Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:28am 
I've been listening to this interview today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAMQXfN3DI4

And you mentioned there that you still discuss the difficulty of the last boss. More specifically, it was mentioned that you lean towards making him more harder or easier based on the amount of gems player collected. For now, you plan to increase difficulty if player has smaller amount of gems and decrease if player has a lot of gems.

If the decision hasn't been made in stone yet, I'd like to give my proposal: do it exactly vice versa. If player collected all gems, solver all puzzles and mysteries, won all races and discovered all areas - it clearly means he got quite familiar with platforming and puzzle aspects of the game. And thus, harder boss would be more interesting and reasonable for him, as opposed to player who had hard time trying to figure many puzzles and get more familair with the game. Hard boss in his case would be overkill.

In fact, I did like to propose super-insane final boss for players who cleared 100% of the game on all aspects.
Last edited by Kein Zantezuken; Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:30am
GlobZOsiris Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:43am 
I totally agree with this logic Kein.
Last edited by GlobZOsiris; Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:54am
Kein Zantezuken Oct 19, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
I just remembered what FB reminds me about:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/223730/discussions/0/846958724689152340/

Fly'N. One of these amazing under-appreciated and overlooked indie platformers. I really hope that after Steam release things will change.
JEREMIAS 2009 Nov 6, 2013 @ 1:28am 
nice
M4N4TI Nov 16, 2013 @ 6:03am 
good
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50