This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Half-Life 2: Capture the Flag
hi, im a derp Dec 7, 2013 @ 8:08pm
Commander and minor destruction?
You guys know commander mode from bf2 and bf4? I think we should put that in HL2CTF for the release. Also maybe a little destruction in some maps such as breakable glass and destroying walls to tiny one story buildings, posts and gas stations falling ( COD Ghosts reference. ) Anyone agree?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
MENthish  [developer] Jan 15 @ 11:07am 
There will definitely be use of destructible content. I have considered our building a map which would be a sort of game mode simply by the structure of the map and refer to it as "Stronghold CTF" where teams would literally have to blast their way into the other team's base.

As far as a "commander mode" ... we have considered ideas concerning spectators and what they may be able to do to help a team. It's really just rough ideas, but the ideas would follow a sort of train of thought toward a sort of commander mode.

The idea being that if the player enables this mode, they can get tips from spectators. I know that's nothing the same, but there's at least a seed of an idea leaning in that direction. This may be very helpful to new players of the game who could receive tips from spectators. Maybe it should be referred to as "mentor mode" instead. :)
Last edited by MENthish; Jan 15 @ 11:07am
rado07 Jan 18 @ 9:42pm 
I've been trying recently in Hammer to make some destructible terrain with func_physboxes. There are working examples out on the net, but a 3D destructible wall/pillar seems to crash my game. I'm probably just doing it wrong.

Anyways, I would love to see "Stronghold CTF" as an official mode. Best of luck to you guys!
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50