This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Dead Linger - Alpha
Agent47 Aug 10, 2013 @ 4:28pm
graphics look very dated
not sure what engine this is running but man is it ugly yes i get graphics arent everything
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
OstrichGuy Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
Its an alpha. You focus on gameplay elements and such in it. Graphics are more for late alpha and beta.

In build 010, the graphics will look better.
Last edited by OstrichGuy; Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:26pm
Agent47 Aug 11, 2013 @ 8:26am 
ah right thanks
ͳhe Chariot. Aug 14, 2013 @ 6:11am 
its really stupid why they built the game on such a laggy peice of ♥♥♥♥ engine. i mean look at 7 days to die it is also in a alpha state yet it runs and look a million times better, even though they will update the dead linger.... btw i purchased both!
OstrichGuy Aug 14, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by ѕѵ'.Rage | LioƞHeaƦt:
its really stupid why they built the game on such a laggy peice of ♥♥♥♥ engine. i mean look at 7 days to die it is also in a alpha state yet it runs and look a million times better, even though they will update the dead linger.... btw i purchased both!
I can make an awful looking, unoptimized game for Unreal Engine 4. Ogre3D is a fine engine.
Last edited by OstrichGuy; Aug 14, 2013 @ 4:43pm
HoboBeavcoon Aug 14, 2013 @ 5:32pm 
do they look like something a 64 mb card could run....?
VIVISECT_VIVIVI Aug 16, 2013 @ 7:26am 
@Hobo Beavcoon:

I posted this but I dont know if you saw it.

Usually with intel/amd onboard graphics, if you go into the bios look for an option ( sometime labeled Video Buffer size) to set the amount of memory the video card will use out of your total, usually 64/128/256/512/1gig, or even 2gigs for amd 3000 onboard, the max amout you can set aside for video may depend on your total, so if you have 4 gigs, your highest for video may be 1/4 of that. This has been my experiance anyhow building PC's for buisnesses that didn't need any more than onboard video and it has been a while since Ive dealt with any intel onboard stuff so I could be wrong about intel.
VIVISECT_VIVIVI Aug 16, 2013 @ 7:34am 
@Hobo Beavcoon:

I cannot imagine that it is a seperate plugin card as at 64 megs it would have to be quite old and extremely low end. If its onboard and you dont have the option for buffer size in the bios your probably screwed, since these days when even low end card have a gig or more video memory, and thats not even taking into consideration the hardware shader support and whatnot of the card you have.
Agent47 Aug 18, 2013 @ 2:42pm 
why accomadate for people that want pc gaming but cant be bothered to pay for a decent gpu
VIVISECT_VIVIVI Aug 20, 2013 @ 8:46am 
@seanr092:

I think he has some sort of settings issue in his bios, having 64mb video memory is either that, or his pc is so old it likely strugles to play youtube videos, so any thought of playing a modern 3d game would be a waste of time.

Its not even a problem of buying a decent card, which these days can be pretty cheap especially if you go the ATI route, but a lot of people buy prebuilts with onboard/onchip these days labeled as DX 11..bla bla bla, and assume its gonna play everything. I will say that ATI 3000/4000 onboard stuff is pretty dam good though.

But anyhow if you main gaming source is PC then onboard/onchip video should not be considered anything more than a backup in case you video card dies, just to get you through till you get a replacement.
Mechanical Frog Sep 6, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
I do believe the Hobo was using sarcasm, as the TC said the graphics are dated, and a 64 MB card would indeed be outdated, yet incabable of running a game such as The Dead Linger. That is the joke.

And now I saw the topic and see it is indeed not a joke. I just feel shame for the poor old GPU, so tired, it needs a rest.
Last edited by Mechanical Frog; Sep 6, 2013 @ 2:11pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50