This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Dead Linger - Alpha
CR7=GT7 Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:00pm
things that would help
i really want to buy this game but it has competition against that "7 days to live" or what ever it is called. if this game was to really reach its potential it really needs to add different zombies not just the bold ones in black tops, also adding ways to travel would really boost it up in the rankigs. considering the map is huge it may take effort just walking there. i have full support with this game and really want it to push through and reach its pottential i understand that its only in alpha. congrats on getting greenlit keep up the good work.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
TheUnamusedFox Aug 8, 2013 @ 6:35pm 
howell2010 Aug 8, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
You know, people can like multiple games with the same theme. I know, I know, it is unheard of, but it is true. I did it way back when I loved both Saint's Row and Grand Theft Auto at the same time!
Same for when I loved Minecraft and Terraria at the same time!

What you call competition, I call variety.

Though yeah, Sandswept is able to make good on all their promises in their roadmap.
Micket Aug 15, 2013 @ 9:53pm 
There really isn't any competion, unless you're only paying attention to the fact that it has zombies in it.

This game is definitely going to be unique if it lives up to what it's promising.
camaroryn Aug 20, 2013 @ 8:39pm 
Well cost is a factor for me. 7DTD starts off expensive and gets cheaper, and this one is the opposite. I will likely get both, but makes more sense for me to pick this one up first.
Ģ☼nzaŁΘFeper Aug 24, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
de que ira este kuego??
OstrichGuy Aug 26, 2013 @ 4:32pm 
Originally posted by camaroryn:
Well cost is a factor for me. 7DTD starts off expensive and gets cheaper, and this one is the opposite. I will likely get both, but makes more sense for me to pick this one up first.
I don't get paying more when the game is in alpha. Wouldn't you reward early buyers, not punish them?
Micket Aug 28, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Originally posted by OstrichGuy:
Originally posted by camaroryn:
I don't get paying more when the game is in alpha. Wouldn't you reward early buyers, not punish them?
That type of sales practice certainly doesn't win over many customers. I don't really get it either. Public opinion on the forums hasn't been in favor of the other steam titles that use the same sales method.

♥♥♥♥ing people off to make an extra dollar won't help them with any future titles. That is not the road indie games should be taking, it reminds me of the backwards methods AAA companies are using to milk their products. (cough) Day 1 DLC packages (cough)

But with that said, I'm glad the developers of 'The Dead Linger' are using the tried and true method of selling a 'work in progress;' less for less and more for more.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50