This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Dead Linger - Alpha
Destrin Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:02pm
Why do people not understand what alpha means?
I keep seeing over and over, people saying they hate the graphics and asking if it's going to change, or suggesting to the devs that they should make it look better. But the game is in alpha stage, graphics dont mean anything if the game has pretty terrain and zombies, but no weapons, buildings, construction, crafting and so on.

If that is your main complaint about the game, tell me, would you really prefer a game that plays like utter crud but looks pretty? Or would you, like I do, prefer a game that plays fantastic, but has placeholder graphics that will be replaced later on?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
ElMikky™☮❄ Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Iam for the second "prefer". I would say, that they could let these graphics, that are actually in the gam now, and dont make it better, i like them how they are now. :D That would save time, and maybe vehicles could come true :D
Destrin Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
Vehicles should be coming in about early-mid beta, there's still a lot of work they want to do on the world, adding different areas. I'm very excited for the oceans and boats, building a floating fortress will be so awesome.
ElMikky™☮❄ Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
Originally posted by Destrin:
Vehicles should be coming in about early-mid beta, there's still a lot of work they want to do on the world, adding different areas. I'm very excited for the oceans and boats, building a floating fortress will be so awesome.

Yeah, that would be awesome! :D
Noldemor Jul 31, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
because people are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
skumfuk Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:32am 
I don't care about the graphics this game looks amazing!
OstrichGuy Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
I'm seeing that quite a bit. Feedback is good, but we get it, the graphics aren't pretty. The engine change will make it look a bit better.
Only the lighting, they have to redo all of the art for it to look better.
prap123 Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:17am 
I agree destrin, it seems like people take one look at these types of games and just make a quick conclusion without actually looking into the game. Don't they understand this game is in alpha? And, that the devs are more focused on gameplay? not graphics?
Circle Nine Aug 6, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
I would prefer that zombie games stop being made, actually.
Coffee Aug 6, 2013 @ 5:04pm 
I really like it so far. Although my pc seems to struggle with connection issues even in offline mode. I can't play it yet without much frustration, but the videos are fun to watch on youtube. Hopefully something happens where i can adjust the settings low enough for me to suffer less lag. None the less I am glad I purchased a copy to help the development of it. Maybe I'll pick it up again when I buy a more up to date pc in the future. I am Currently running A dual core 2.20ghz, Vista with 3 gb ram and a gt-220 which is very low for most games these days. I know its under development im not complaining, I just wanna say keep up the good work, try not to let the pizza money turn into beer runs.
Snorky Aug 7, 2013 @ 9:05am 
this is kids, they dont understand it
Kiwi Aug 8, 2013 @ 8:25am 
Originally posted by ontario joe:
I really like it so far. Although my pc seems to struggle with connection issues even in offline mode. I can't play it yet without much frustration, but the videos are fun to watch on youtube. Hopefully something happens where i can adjust the settings low enough for me to suffer less lag. None the less I am glad I purchased a copy to help the development of it. Maybe I'll pick it up again when I buy a more up to date pc in the future. I am Currently running A dual core 2.20ghz, Vista with 3 gb ram and a gt-220 which is very low for most games these days. I know its under development im not complaining, I just wanna say keep up the good work, try not to let the pizza money turn into beer runs.
connection issues offline? do you mean framerate? those are two very diffrent things dude and most likely the new engine will get you better frames
TheUnityLane Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by Destrin:
I keep seeing over and over, people saying they hate the graphics and asking if it's going to change, or suggesting to the devs that they should make it look better. But the game is in alpha stage, graphics dont mean anything if the game has pretty terrain and zombies, but no weapons, buildings, construction, crafting and so on.

If that is your main complaint about the game, tell me, would you really prefer a game that plays like utter crud but looks pretty? Or would you, like I do, prefer a game that plays fantastic, but has placeholder graphics that will be replaced later on?

I have been thinking the exact same thing. It's as though people don't understand that Alpha doesn't mean "game" it means "project". Beta means "project game" release means "game". They also seem to think that developers don't know what they're doing. Obviously they know the graphics aren't fantastic right now.

So potential buyers. Assume that everything you think you know, the developers know 10X over. Also, DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE MAIN SITE. Steam is just the middle man.

Had to rant. Sorry.
Exuro Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
Originally posted by Circle Nine:
I would prefer that zombie games stop being made, actually.

This game has been in the planning stages for years, and the website's first blog post was in September 2011. That was long before any of this DayZ/WarZ stuff even started, and quite frankly, the zombie survival genre has still not even come close to delivering what it potentially can. Don't be such a killjoy, if you don't like them don't play them. It takes a special kind of self-centred asshat to decide that an entire genre of games should no longer be produced because you have no interest in them. Why don't you go lick spoons somewhere, it'll be more useful.
PhilTheThrill Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:03am 
The planning was before, but thy took a few thigns from dayz and warz, as to the guy who doesnt like zombie games, just stop paying attntion to zombie games.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 15 30 50