This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Dead Linger - Alpha
orionn Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:23am
in what engine did you make the game ?
in what engine did you make the game ?
Thanks
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
[Sandswept] Zag the Abysswalker  [developer] Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:35am 
OGRE 3D, but we are currently transitioning to a new, more modern engine with better tools. That will be our next update to the game, currently slated for late July or early August.
orionn Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:37am 
Oh, and what engine did you guys tink about ?
jackth23 Jul 5, 2013 @ 5:32pm 
that has not been published yet.
Decade Jul 5, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
You guys could move up the game to the Cryengine 3. Cryengine 3 has full support for MMOs :)
Walter44 Jul 5, 2013 @ 7:53pm 
I doubt that they'd use CryEngine. As far as I know, that one's pretty demanding in terms of hardware and the devs want to make TDL available to lower-end PCs as well.
orionn Jul 5, 2013 @ 10:26pm 
What you tink about Unity or Unreal Engine ?
Musteline Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
by the new pictures im almost sure its unity because the skybox is the same
LoS | Bywewe™[SUPV.] Jul 6, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
naa it wont be unity 3D because they evan said, and also because unity 3d is very complicated to generate terrain and building etc... as they said
WildWeasel Jul 6, 2013 @ 10:40pm 
If they try to incorporate support for low end pc's they will end up with a low end game.
Walter44 Jul 7, 2013 @ 12:24pm 
Yeah, I can't imagine a dumber idea than trying to maximize your potential consumer base...
WildWeasel Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:14pm 
making a game that will run smoothly on older, underpowered, and low end systems while utilizing mid to high end systems to their fullest is not an easy task otherwise there would be no need for minimum system specifications. This is complicated even more when it comes to multiplayer games where I (high end system) expect you ($300 budget pc) to see the world the same way I do in order to be competitive (it does me no good to hide in grass you cannot see, or render 100 zombies when you can only render 10.

Then there is also the issue of support and drivers for out of date video cards, operating systems and whether the engine being used can even scale down far enough to not choke out the processor.

So yeah the dumber idea would be to make a game that looks like it was release 10 years ago just so you don't miss a few sales from people that can't afford to upgrade their system, and probably wouldn't buy the game anyway.

TLDR: buy a used XBox360
10 Clips Edit Jul 9, 2013 @ 10:06am 
I want this GAME ON STEAM i would buy it !!!
orionn Jul 9, 2013 @ 10:42pm 
What about cryEngine 3 ?
MrMuffinz Jul 10, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
Looked like Unity Engine to me.

Sgt. Cortez Jul 12, 2013 @ 9:25am 
the better the engine, the better the game ... your ideas are just incredible : D
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50