Troop Chute
Sea-shroom May 4, 2013 @ 1:20pm
A secondary weapon ? so you can rocket jump and use it?
I hope its not a misc i hope if you rocket jump you will be able to use it.
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Assboner May 4, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
it should be a secondary rocket jump and if you might take fall damage you can activate it to slow down your fall it would be very powerful with rocket jumper and market gardener
Herroscus May 4, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
I dont think it should be misc, because it adds abeneficial purpose to it, which no other misc really has. It shouldnt be secondary because you should be able to use your mantreads. It shouldnt be primary because you should rocket jump. Melee is obviously a no because you have to have a close range weapon. I think that its a great weapon, but there is no place for it.
KiwiStrawberry - Time is Metal May 4, 2013 @ 2:43pm 
This Will Be So Cool To Come Out The Sky On Low Grav
Weegee May 4, 2013 @ 3:14pm 
If its a secoundary then stats should be:
-50% fall speed
-20 health on wearer
Bringaling it on! May 4, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
i think it should be like this

on right click:
-75% fall speed untill the ground is hit.
-25% move speed.
right click again to re-eneble, taking several seconds.
CASTIRON IV May 4, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
Originally posted by Herroscus:
I dont think it should be misc, because it adds abeneficial purpose to it, which no other misc really has. It shouldnt be secondary because you should be able to use your mantreads. It shouldnt be primary because you should rocket jump. Melee is obviously a no because you have to have a close range weapon. I think that its a great weapon, but there is no place for it.

If your fall speed is reduced, mantreads can't do damage anyways. So secondary slot would work just fine.
[T-GK] Hyde May 5, 2013 @ 7:15am 
If this were to be added it could certainly come in handy for airborne attacks with rockets. Of course, it also makes you a a much easier target for snipers since you generally can't make sharp turns in that kind of a parachute to dodge anything.
Beaker May 5, 2013 @ 8:42am 
Originally posted by Herroscus:
It shouldnt be secondary because you should be able to use your mantreads.
That's the reason why there are no other secondarys like Shotgun or Gunboats. Yeah.
I think it would be a great secondary as it adds more strategy to rocket jumping. The Mantreads might add a nice effect, they are not very comfortable to use though.
Making it a misc with visual and no gameplay effects would be another option as well in my mind, even though I'd prefer to use it as a secondary.
Mr. Lag [Stupro Mundi] [³N] May 5, 2013 @ 9:14am 
I guess no particular stats. now I explain:
put it as add-on and not as a weapon. Put 10 HP and slow the fall from gravity on command (like rage). nothing more.
When somebody use that, it will surely become the favorite target of any enemy, from an easy headshot, Airshots, burn from pyro just below you. And the enemy can destroy it and make you fall dawn and take damage (the situation you're avoiding, and that can mean death by fall).
I think that if this object will take the place of secondary weapon the INGAME flows are quite bigger than those argued on the discussion
Last edited by Mr. Lag [Stupro Mundi] [³N]; May 5, 2013 @ 9:15am
Lotr**sk May 5, 2013 @ 9:47am 
secondary for sure...
+ no falling damage
- slower fall speed (50% +?)
closing/opening 1+ sec.?
can be closed in midair
maybe....
Tarpet (Banned) May 5, 2013 @ 10:03am 
I think it should be a misc and it opens a parachute when you rocket jump :D
The Caretaker May 5, 2013 @ 10:48am 
posted this in the other discussion:

upon rocket jump: opens a parachute which allows you to glide safely down at a constant speed
no fall damage
-50% air turn control
-5 or 10% rocket jump blast damage resist

think. a soldier in the obvious sky open to all forms of damage from snipers, flare pyros, heavies, and conveinently placed sentries. not to mention on maps like upward, offblast, and other maps with a super large death pit, if you decide to glide too far in one direction the poor turn control in the air would send you flying toward the death pit.

but on the bright side its easier to market garden, barrage rocket bombing is much more possible with the beggars, and it would go well with not only the beggars but the direct hit and liberty launcher too.
GorillaHandz May 5, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
If it lets you glide through the air, you should also be able to "cut" the parachute off and if you hit someone with any melee weapon, it's an instant critical. To balance it out, maybe take more fall damage if you cut the thing off, or maybe do less damage with your melee?
Forty-Two May 5, 2013 @ 1:10pm 
Remember how Valve added use of the middle mouse button just for the vaccinator? We'll put that to use here.

Special attack (MOUSE3/Middle mouse button) releases parachute and cuts it off once you've used it, recharges at same speed as Guillotine
+20% aerial turn control
+Takes away 75% fall damage if you land with it active
+50% slower fall speed

-Can only use melee weapons while active
-Negates Market Gardener's crits (I think it would make it too easy otherwise)
HalfNinjja May 5, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
well because you're in the air, the kick from shooting the rocket could steer you, so you COULD still have a way to avoid prjectiles.
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50