This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stonehearth
[NL] Hasekura Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:17pm
Worldsize?
I am very interested in this game but I was wondering how big the worlds will be that you can play on.
Can somebody tell me this or is it still unknown?

EDIT:
I have bought this game yesterday and played the Alpha 1 for a moment.
The worlds will be much bigger then the current one I hope?
Last edited by [NL] Hasekura; Jan 5 @ 7:21am
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Fury-A Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:52pm 
I hope that it would be possible to set the world size, in order to avoid the same Minecraft troubles in chunk errors and so on.

Well, but actually I don't know.
Miturion Jul 23, 2013 @ 4:03am 
they said that you will likely not see the end on the map. But remember this is a game mostly about town management. Most of the time you will be controlling things inside the town. Only you go out for resources and fighting.
Duperts Jul 28, 2013 @ 4:01am 
They have mentioned that you probably wont see the sea for a while, at least not in the beta but they have expressed their interest in continants.

I would love it if they had a navigable world, I.e. if you walk in one direction long enough you end up back where you started. It would be fun if you could make multiple villages, especially when resources run dry in your home town.
[NL] Hasekura Jul 28, 2013 @ 9:57am 
I hope its endless
Razgriz Ace18 Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
Probably like minecraft size worlds, takes too much time to even be worth reaching the edge
David Aug 5, 2013 @ 6:10am 
i think its going to be endless, and maybe with sea's at the edge at any maps??
I'm a progolfer Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:58am 
if they make it large but not to large that it wont crash i wood say you can find your self after a long time.
David Aug 15, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
I am sooo hoping that its going to be the same as minecraft
UNDERWORLD_WARLORD Sep 29, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
it would be really cool if they were able to make the world a full planet. it would be big yes but it wouldnt have to be that big.
Ridesdragons Oct 11, 2013 @ 6:35pm 
Originally posted by fakefoshow:
They have mentioned that you probably wont see the sea for a while, at least not in the beta but they have expressed their interest in continants.

I would love it if they had a navigable world, I.e. if you walk in one direction long enough you end up back where you started. It would be fun if you could make multiple villages, especially when resources run dry in your home town.

I second this. a looping world would be nice, and it's not necessarily hard to do. there's things like in RPG games such as Final Fantasy or the Tales Series, where west becomes east, but you also have the issue of north becomes south, but I guess that isn't really a problem. a north turning into north on the other side of the map would mean a spherical world, or something somewhat resembling a sphere, whatever, and that is actually very very difficult to impliment, and essentially impossible in a cube-based world such as this. either making the map like in Civ, where north and south are blocked off while east and west loop, or make it like in RPG's where it's looping on top/bottom and left/right.

I'm actually wondering how that'll work anyway, though, as YOU (the player) are god, essentially. you're not a character in the game. you see the world from above. if you want to, you could just pan the screen over until you reach the end. making a gigantic world would make it take a while, but simply panning will allow you to reach the end eventually. a looping world would mean that you really wouldn't reach the end, because as soon as you reach the end of the map, it would loop around to the other side of the map, allowing you to return to your village eventually through continuous panning.
voxel_pirate Oct 12, 2013 @ 1:02am 
As they plan for a "fog of war" scrolling to the end of the world would not make too much sense. I guess they might allow only to scroll to a certain degree into the fog of war. If you want to scroll further, you might have to discover the area first... could be one idea.
Ridesdragons Oct 12, 2013 @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by voxel_pirate:
As they plan for a "fog of war" scrolling to the end of the world would not make too much sense. I guess they might allow only to scroll to a certain degree into the fog of war. If you want to scroll further, you might have to discover the area first... could be one idea.

oh I didn't know about that. yea, that's a good idea, then, because otherwise people would (like I said) just scroll to the end of the world. here, you actually have to force your villagers to explore the world.
[NL] Hasekura Jan 5 @ 7:21am 
I have bought this game yesterday and played the Alpha 1 for a moment.
The worlds will be much bigger then the current one I hope?
voxel_pirate Jan 5 @ 9:05am 
Sure it will. At the moment the size is limited. However, the plans are that it will expand as you discover it's borders.
[NL] Hasekura Jan 5 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by voxel_pirate:
Sure it will. At the moment the size is limited. However, the plans are that it will expand as you discover it's borders.

That sounds very good :)
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50