This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Wildfire Worlds
Srs Chickens Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:30pm
Multiplayer?
Support for two of more players would make this a great to play game. Players who build and players who destroy could make this hilarious to play with friends. Adding some normal RTS functionality would allow for some killer (pardon) game play.

I was thinking something along the lines of having a base builder vs. a riot master. Or a base builder vs. multiple riot masters. Add in gangs, terrorists, and natural disasters (floods, rats, locusts, earthquakes) and you have multiple factions that people could play as against the builders.

Give the builders SWAT, fire departments, military, etc., and I think this would turn from mass destruction into "WHAT IS GOING ON?!!" Which is good.

I love the artwork in this and I love the look of the gameplay. You have my vote.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
The Slicer Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
That idea is genius, you should post on the forums ;)
Srs Chickens Apr 28, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
@The Slicer - I wouldn't consider buying this game unless there was more to it so that precludes a post to their forums. You're welcome to repost for me if you have access to their Alpha forums.
Dot Product  [developer] Apr 28, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
Thanks chaps.

Multiplayer is certainly something we are looking at. Having a riot master and a base builder is an interesting idea. Gonna think about that one. :)
oX_Dragonoff_Xo Apr 28, 2013 @ 11:44pm 
Online Multiplayer is currently a gold mine of the games right now.

Srs Chickens Apr 29, 2013 @ 7:18am 
@Dot Product - "Makers and Breakers" or "Builders and Breakers". Your coop and mulitplayer modes, branded and ready to go!
Cherry Bomb Apr 30, 2013 @ 12:56pm 
Yes, this idea is quite excelent. I would really like to see multiplayer and factions.
Alexkubel May 4, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
I think Military and insurgents would be two factions that would be fun, both trying to get at the others throats and the poor civilians are caught in the crossfire, third player could take control of a mob of angry people trying to defend their homes. either way the city will burn.
Madnessdude3 May 4, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
I think their should, for every unit it cost some resources from doing objectives
Srs Chickens May 5, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
I'll be honest, I'm rather attached to people running off and doing their own thing with user input as a suggestion. I think that it adds an element of insanity to the game that most other games don't have (maybe for a good reason?). If most commands are only suggestions-such as dispatching SWAT to respond to a riot, or the army to deal with insurgents-then at most the player can suggest where the units will go, and suggest what they should do once they're their, but in the long run the units make their own choices and do their own thing using their emotions or best judgement.

I think that would add a layer of realism into the game that would be infuriating, insane, and really fun if done correctly. Also, I'll volunteer to beta test any multi-player version that comes out. I have some programming experience in Python and C++.
Dot Product  [developer] May 6, 2013 @ 3:00am 
@Chickens

Yes, indeed. That was our main hook. That your mob are a bit mad and difficult to control. We didnt want the kind of absolute control over your troops like a typical RTS game. Where they wait patiently for your next command. The agents in Wildfire are supposed to be lunatics!
Srs Chickens May 14, 2013 @ 9:06pm 
@Dot Product

You may consider having varying levels of lunacy so that police forces don't set civilians on fire, etc. Maybe graduating levels of lunacy? And graduating levels of things to be lunatics with? Guns, bombs, molotov cocktails, etc.? In this manner, as things escelate, you can increase the amount of chaos exponentially.

Also, maybe a lunacy level for eac character or group of characters so that as a situation gets more chaotic the character is more likely to go bat-guano insane...
Last edited by Srs Chickens; May 14, 2013 @ 9:07pm
Otoris! May 25, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Would buy if this included some form of multiplayer! Still voted up in Greenlight.
Sr. Pescas Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:27pm 
Originally posted by Dot Product:
Thanks chaps.

Multiplayer is certainly something we are looking at. Having a riot master and a base builder is an interesting idea. Gonna think about that one. :)
You shouldnt just look at this, you should add this, i would get all my friends to get the game and most likely everyone else who loves the idea of the game would too. it would be a great time
NemesisZidar Jul 29, 2013 @ 7:12am 
i would love to see a competitive Multiplayer while doing the same and not working against each other. Like one is controlling red rioters, the other one the green and the player causing the best chaos in the city and destroying the most wins the level. So you could decide to play it competitive (who is scoring higher) and cooperative (cause a massacre and chaos in the city together). The idea of giving one player the control of the police and the building to get rebuild and one player giving the control over the rioters has no cooperative thought and would go all the way competitive, while the other idea of Multiplayer can have both in the same build. Or at least to explain it shorter, more features with lesser work if you have 2 teams of rioters (coop and comp.)instead of good force vs evil force (just comp.).
SirBittamin Sep 29, 2013 @ 3:58am 
I'm very much in support of a multiplayer! Maybe also some sort of local co-op too, nothing like a good couch game to play with a buddy
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50