Este jogo recebeu o sinal verde da Comunidade!

A comunidade demonstrou interesse neste jogo. A Valve entrou em contato com este desenvolvedor para começarmos a preparar o lançamento no Steam.

Reprisal Universe
Tanelorn 8/jul/2013 às 16:25
Please don't drop support after making free. Still some bugs here
As a fan of nearly all of Bullfrog's games, I've been enjoying Reprisal alot. But there are still some issues with the game and I really hope that you haven't resigned from making Reprisal bug-free.

Bugs:
1. Often you are unable to terraform a block or set of blocks for the entire game regardless of land ownership. Sure, if the enemy holds the land you can't manipulate it, but in nearly every game I have land that I own that simply will not flatten. It gives the "can't terraform" icon.

2. Occasionally an enemy held building is impossible to retake. You can send your entire army into that building and they all die. Even tiny buildings can do this. As I recall, it typically happens on buildings that the enemy takes of yours and you try to retake.

3. It may just be a result of the game platform, but it isn't very CPU optimized. My CPU gets HOT playing this game, and using lower CPU performance levels makes the game really bog down. Could Reprisal use a second look at CPU optimization, calculation efficiency, etc?

Nice to haves:
1. If I remember right, the original Populus or the modernized version showed the limits of your influence. It would be nice to see that in the game.

2. As mentioned by others, the game does seem pretty easy. I don't want my towns to get firebombed constantly, but it does seem that the enemy is terrible at terraforming and you can typically outgrow them without trouble.

3. Most of the abilities are large scale and expensive. How about a few lower level spells like single fireballs, lightning bolts, etc.

4. Similarly, it's not obvious which hero ability is better. I assume that cost implies hit points but I don't see any difference in how a wind, earth, or fire hero behaves. I think that would be a good addition.

5. I could go on with game questions. How about a manual or an encyclopedia that unlocks as you progress and get new abilities. I don't get what a forest does, or how a tornado is better than other destructive spells, for instance.

I do really like this game, don't get me wrong. I think you should charge SOMETHING for it.

P.S. PLEASE consider a Powermonger remake. No game gives me nostalgia like that game, and the PC version looked (and looks) horrible. I played it on Amiga and it was great. Once every few months I look for a Powermonger clone and nobody has attempted it. With Reprisal, you're halfway there already!
Exibindo comentários 16 de 6
< >
Tanelorn 10/jul/2013 às 11:23 
I forgot to add one big doosie of an issue. Probably the most important economy issue:

Terraforming costs 10 mana to lift a tile, and 20 mana to drop one. Many maps are set up so that land is available for you and just needs a little terraforming to give you some nice large flat areas. The issue: If you extend from a high point (several levels higher than adjacent land), it only costs you 10 mana to raise the terrain, regardless of how many 3d blocks you created to do it.

Let me provide an example: There are a few maps where you start on an island with a house several blocks above sealevel. In the distance are other areas of land that you would expect would be wise to colonize. The thing is, you can just expand your mountain out into the sea, creating a giant square of raised terrain, much more cheaply and quickly. Just drag the raise terrain tool from the edge of the mountain top, and it only costs you 10 mana per horizontal tile even though you are adding several vertical blocks per tile.

This is easily solved, of course. Either require the terraform tool to only raise 1 vertical block at a time, costing the normal rate, or increase the cost to however many 3d blocks are required to generate the tile. I recommend the former, as it adds to the feeling of "terraforming" by slowly rising the terrain to your desired level.

This issue could be one of the reasons that players think the game is too easy. The enemies don't get this terraforming cheat; you have a huge economic advantage.
DadouXIII 26/jul/2013 às 4:16 
Bump, great thread, would like to see more support for this amazing game :D
electrolyte*  [desenvolvedor(a)] 15/ago/2013 às 2:31 
We are still here! Definitely looking into improvements and thank you so much for your feedback, it's food for thought :D
CC|wandapanda 8/set/2013 às 9:23 
+1
electrolyte*  [desenvolvedor(a)] 8/out/2013 às 2:24 
Escrito originalmente por Tanelorn:
3. It may just be a result of the game platform, but it isn't very CPU optimized. My CPU gets HOT playing this game, and using lower CPU performance levels makes the game really bog down. Could Reprisal use a second look at CPU optimization, calculation efficiency, etc?

Yes it's a bit crazy with the current version running at a CPU of 95%, but good news, the new version for Steam is being optimised and the current new build is running at a CPU 45%! We are continuing to improve this :D
VoidSpawn 10/out/2013 às 21:59 
I usually use tornado to get rid of a single enemy building when it is blocking the expansion of one my buildings.
Exibindo comentários 16 de 6
< >
Por página: 15 30 50