This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Reprisal Universe
miau May 24, 2013 @ 2:55pm
Too easy or balancing problems or...
Hi,

i downloaded the free versions and first I would like to say thank you! :)

But I'm 50% through the game and didn't lost a single mission.
I won all missions with:

1. flatten area until large enough army
2. lighting storm over rivals
3. switching to fighting mode
and if there is a collectable power: 4. set waypoint

And I'm a really bad at strategy games so it's not me! ;)
Does this game get any harder? Because it's a little bit boring right now.

And a question: What are trees useful for? Are they good for me or bad for rivals?

Thanks!

Oliver
Last edited by miau; May 24, 2013 @ 3:00pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Mythcaptor May 26, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
Trees and leaders, both ambiguous. Not sure what either do. Also, the tidal wave ability is horrendously over powered, you can win literally any game by building on high ground, getting enough macro to generate 1000 mana, 2 tidal waves, and you win.
Dentorhedge May 27, 2013 @ 5:42am 
Trees make things pretty! Leaders do not age like the other populants, turn into heroes, and I'm pretty sure they have higher attack power and health.
Dr Funfrock, Esq. May 29, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
I've come to the same conclusion as you, Oliver. Flatten area + devastating power of choice = easy win, every time. The game is charming to look at, no argument here, but there's absolutely no strategy to be found.
electrolyte*  [developer] Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:23am 
Thanks for the feedback, we are addressing these balance issues. A revelation has been that we flipped the way buildings generate populants with larger structures making populants faster and smaller buildings taking longer.

This, we think, is the flaw! Sitting down looking at numbers and also looking at how the original played out what, we ended up with was a game that plays fast but with no real strategy. By flipping the building logic the following starts to happen:

Smaller buildings make populants faster, but they are weaker. Larger buildings take longer to make populants, but these populants are stronger and have more lifespan / damage.

The above starts to open up two clear paths, do you expand fast but with weaker populations or try to sit it out with larger buildings using totems to protect you growing tribe?

Also considering if smaller buildings should create less mana than larger ones ... we need to crunch the numbers on that a little to see how it balances.

But anyway, yes we are looking into it and taking on board a lot of comments and feedback we have received.

Thank you all for your time and thoughts,
fastjet1 Mar 20 @ 10:21pm 
I have an idea for balencing let me know if you agree or not and its to place and upgrade houses which could cost mana like 10 for placing and 20 for upgrading the building once and next time you upgrade that building its 30 the next upgrade level and etc... Also if you do this try making it so you can upgrade and place multiple buildings at the same time, where you want to be more convienient and efficent
quxzcover Mar 26 @ 3:00pm 
Btw
1) trees get set on fire and destroy tiles (Turning them red) if ignited using something that turns tiles red.

2) i think its the enemy's AI i that needs improving. its WAY to easy. i won on a super aggressive 3 tribe skirmish where i spawned in the middle. all i did was flatten some ground, get a hero and click on aggressive 2 minuets into the game where the enemy's had maybe 4 small settlements each. i think there should be a way to pick difficulty. IE:

Hard) the enemy tribes start with more kingdoms and flat lands and the AI is improved and they cast alot more aggressive spells more often (except Armageddon).

Normal) what its like now.

also i think there should be different advantages to building on different levels beside being protected or not from tidal wave. example:

Low Land - height 1-2) creates more people but less Mana.

Mid Land - height 3-4) in the middle. so a jack of all trades.

High Lands - height 5) creates alot of Mana but minimal people.

i also like the idea of if placing trees on a building it starts to spawn archers where arrows have a percent chance of killing but have a 0% chance in melee.

also with the effect that small buildings create more people of less quality and vice verse i think that in the game add 2 zoning tool's. one that wherever you select it wont be able to create better buildings, and just zone it again to get even lower tiers and a second to get rid of the zoning.

altogether its a great game just way to easy for a pro StarCraft player
quxzcover Mar 26 @ 3:03pm 
Edit: i'm that StarCraft player :D
electrolyte*  [developer] Apr 15 @ 4:13am 
Ha, yeah StarCraft is in a league of its own! :D

Thanks for the ideas / feedback, its much appreciated. I'm working hard on balancing and AI etc, hopefully you'll find the new version far more of a challenge.
RyanY21 May 8 @ 1:27pm 
what do trees do?
fastjet1 May 12 @ 5:18pm 
you get more mana per sec
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50