Ez a játék Zöld Utat kapott a közösségtől!

A közösség kimutatta érdeklődését e játék iránt. A Valve kapcsolatba lépett ezzel a fejlesztővel, hogy megkezdjék a Steames megjelenés irányába terelni a dolgokat.

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted
FeathersRuffled 2013. ápr. 24. @ du. 5:39
Lose the Pay to Play content
If you guys are gonna put this on steam you need to lose the pay to play content. I know thats how you guys have survived for so long, if your gonna put this on steam youll hafta make everything free (with the acception of micro transactions). I dont think this'll get many downloads on here if it keeps its pay to play thing . We all want to be dragons for free, not for money.
115/117 megjegyzés mutatása
< >
Nick Naughty 2013. ápr. 24. @ du. 5:57 
Its a very old game, either f2p or a cheap b2p, both sound pretty good with micro transactions.

But I don't know what happens if you pay a subscription and then cancel after one month, does the characters created from anything other than human be playable or are they disabled.
Blaze Dragoon 2013. ápr. 24. @ du. 6:48 
Just cause it wants to get on steam doesnt mean that it should go to free to play, if it does that then the game would have to shift to pay to win.

If you want to play for free then make with a human...theres no restrictions on what classes you can take and no restrictions on items.

If you really want to play as a dragon then you would find a way to pay the $10 a month.
Beertaster 2013. ápr. 24. @ du. 7:55 
wow talk about an old game, with old graphics, and I loled when I saw that half the stuff this game seemed to advertise were pay to play. Wanna be a dragon or maybe something non humam? Then pony up for it. I'm sorry but I don't think this should make it to steam or a billion other outdated mmos will pop up too, and besides its not like the game doesn't already have a site to sell itself.
Sgt.Psycho 2013. ápr. 24. @ du. 10:47 
So, you take away their income stream (they already provide the game and servers for free), so how are they supposed to make any money and pay for those servers?

If you want to be a dragon, then pony up the $10/month, or find another game.
Nick Naughty 2013. ápr. 25. @ de. 3:54 
Hearing negativity towards f2p, but what about buy to play.

Times are changing, and the pay to play is an old business model which is still in use but is in a time where mmo's these days are becoming buy to play.

It is a very old mmo, and quite unique but I don't think it should warrent a subscription, and a subscription does kindier look bad compared to recent'ish pay to play mmo's.

If this mmo was a buy to play it could get a fair few players, and profit.

I would like to see this game make a return, flourish and bloom. To some its not about how much a subscription is, its about paying a subscription in the first place.

An example, it could be.
Istaria offers Free to Play for a single human character - with no limitations or restrictions on character progression, quests, items, monsters, play time, etc.

Paid access at a one off purchase provides.
Extra character slots
Access to all player races: Dragons, Dryads, Dwarves, Elves, Fiends, Gnomes, Half-Giants, Saris, Satyrs and Sslik
Biped plot or dragon lair

Then there could be micro-transactions like character name change, extra additional character slots, extra biped plot or dragon lair.

Legutóbb szerkesztette: Nick Naughty; 2013. ápr. 25. @ de. 4:32
Rodneh Green 2013. ápr. 25. @ du. 12:29 
Free to play with the proper infrastructure would be fine. I would love to see new lair styles, cosmetics, scale textures or new heads for dragons. Maybe even visual armor scales to wear. That would be totally cool. However, free to play has a couple things that could ruin the game.

The two biggest detractors to F2P are becoming pay to win or ruining the community. Since this is a pve only game, I'm not really sure what people would be winning by buying gear enhancements, though. My main concern about a true free to play is the community. Right now, I know I can log in (if I subbed) and find people willing to help with anything. Only people who really want to be there, are there. F2P always gets a bunch of people who try to shape the game to fit what they want. They start calling for nerfs, trying to make it easier, whining, spamming, trolls, and the possibility of gold/item farmers. Ask anyone who played a sub game that went F2P and that is what you'll hear.

That said, what I want more is for this game to get a bigger audience and make improvements. If Micro transactions can help that, more power too them, but that's an enormous project for an already small team. I will say that playing as a human isn't taking advantage of the game. A friend of mine who started out as a biped still loves being small and flightless, wouldn't change it, and only plays hatchling dragons. I can't imagine that, though. The loss of freedom alone would drive me nuts. So to me, this game isn't even a little bit F2P. I'm pretty biased. :3
Intelligence Dampening Sphere 2013. ápr. 26. @ du. 1:56 
Nick Naughty eredeti hozzászólása:
what about buy to play.

I think buy to play would actually be a good idea, I wouldn't mind that. I think the F2P features of this game so far sound a bit lame.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Intelligence Dampening Sphere; 2013. ápr. 26. @ du. 1:57
Jackwolf 2013. ápr. 26. @ du. 4:33 
The game is perfectly fine as it is on this pages description.

Free to play as a Human only with no restrictions, pay if you want anything more. If you don't like the game as a human what really makes you think you'd like it as another race?

Power to the Devs, you have a good game going (from what I've read) - let it stay that way.
Naimiira 2013. ápr. 26. @ du. 6:05 
I agree with op.Dragons and other races should not cost money. This is the only game I have ever seen that lets you play as a real dragon!
adrian-smith31 2013. ápr. 27. @ de. 5:30 
This is an old game and whilst I understand they need money to keep the servers running I think $10 is a bit too much when if you just want to be a human there are better games out there. What sets this game aside is the dragons - at least make them a free playable race and they would get more interest. I used to play the game when it was released and enjoyed it but I may come back to it is dragons are free.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: adrian-smith31; 2013. ápr. 27. @ de. 5:30
Rodneh Green 2013. ápr. 28. @ de. 10:25 
I agree that the races should be free to play, ideally... but there's no infrastructure for this game to go free to play. They need a store, and a lot more stuff to buy to ever hope to stay afloat like that. As it is, people want to play this game for its major sell, dragons, and they have to pay for it. Personally, I think dragons are worth playing for as no other game comes close to having that feature.
Dookes 2013. ápr. 29. @ du. 5:49 
Game seems pretty good, plus that fact that you can be a MOTHER♥♥♥♥ING dragon that's awesome, but then I found out, pay to be a dragon? ♥♥♥♥ that, it's interesting and we need more games that involve dragons that are somewhat useful, and we don't have to pay for, I mean WoW makes you pay what? 15$ every 2 months to do whatever you want, this you pay 10$ a month to be a dragon, huge turn off there.
Dinglehopper 2013. ápr. 30. @ de. 2:27 
I can't get over how many people are crying about the price of this game. If you want to play a dragon then simply pay for it. Stop telling the devs how to run their game, it is incredibly tiring.

The complainers don't care about the game, they care about getting something for nothing and the sooner they realise things don't work that way the better. Other big games can handle lowering their prices or going F2P, but the whole point of Greenlight is to bring small games like this into the spotlight; so quit trying to force this game to fit into a shoe not made for it.

If you think you can get a better price elsewhere, and value your 10$ so much then whatever, go to that game. And don't try to tell me that 10$ is too expensive- if your money was that tight you shouldn't be playing games in the first place. :T
Nick Naughty 2013. ápr. 30. @ de. 7:08 
Dinglehopper eredeti hozzászólása:
I can't get over how many people are crying about the price of this game. If you want to play a dragon then simply pay for it. Stop telling the devs how to run their game, it is incredibly tiring.

The complainers don't care about the game, they care about getting something for nothing and the sooner they realise things don't work that way the better. Other big games can handle lowering their prices or going F2P, but the whole point of Greenlight is to bring small games like this into the spotlight; so quit trying to force this game to fit into a shoe not made for it.

If you think you can get a better price elsewhere, and value your 10$ so much then whatever, go to that game. And don't try to tell me that 10$ is too expensive- if your money was that tight you shouldn't be playing games in the first place. :T
What is Steam Greenlight?
Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution. Steam Greenlight also helps developers get feedback from potential customers and start creating an active community around their game during the development process.

This game could well be downvoted, don't forget that.

I suggest you be a little more constructive in future.
Dinglehopper 2013. ápr. 30. @ de. 10:23 
Nick Naughty eredeti hozzászólása:
What is Steam Greenlight?
Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution. Steam Greenlight also helps developers get feedback from potential customers and start creating an active community around their game during the development process.

This game could well be downvoted, don't forget that.

I suggest you be a little more constructive in future.

Istaria isn't a new game, it is already in distribution and has been so for over 8 years. It's been suggested for Greenlight to reach out to potential customers since Steam is a common interface for gamers. I don't know what the point of your comment is.

Considering that I am an established player of Istaria already, with multiple plotholder subs active, I can let you know from personal experience that lowering the price will not happen, as actual players of the game have asked for it in the past. So threads like these complaining about it is like beating a dead horse. The only way it would be possible is if more players came to the game, which is what this Greenlight application is all about. The team is really small but the game is absolutely fantastic; the only downside is that it needs more players to keep it afloat.
115/117 megjegyzés mutatása
< >
Laponként: 15 30 50