This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
maldyus_grm Sep 28, 2013 @ 3:58pm
Possible to be both in Early Access and on Kickstarter at the same time?
I am asking this,because I wish to know if there are any formal legal restraints on what can be tried and accepted for,regarding any consumer's choice during development.

I think many users here would love to see your game gain Early access stage,and it's obvious we could help you alot.It's also known that a successful kickstarter campaign will make things much more easier for you up to a point.What I don't know is if it'as acceptable and allowed to have your game both in Early access on Steam and have its kickstarter campaign running at the same time.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Alphastorm Sep 30, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
Interesting point, especially considering that this game isn't yet funded. We have no way of knowing hwat will happen if it fails on kickstarter. Will it then be removed from Steam Greenlight or does it have a high chance of success because it's on Greenlight. I honestly don't know, and considering the fact that the devs never seem to answer anybodies questions, there is a good chance you may never find out.
JoshuaV Oct 3, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
Has the Kickstarter launched already? I've certainly seen plenty of Kickstarter-funded games subsequently become Early Access games, but I don't think I've ever seen it done simultaneously.
Doctor Grim Oct 5, 2013 @ 8:41pm 
Planetary Annihilation was (or still is) on both. Steam solid it early access for one of the kickstarter prices that offered early access as a bonus for funding. Thats why the game started off at 80 bucks. I don't know what legal things they had to go through to do this, but it is 100% possible.
maldyus_grm Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:09pm 
Hey all.Thank you for the replies.I am loving this game,and all possibilities that can bring along for us,it remains to see how the developers have planned their development road.
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Oct 21, 2013 @ 11:17am 
Hey maldyus sorry about the long wait ! Kickstarter will be happening before we release our pre alpha here on steam. You will be able to buy access to the alpha and the game during the kick starter campaign and the Alpha will be made available on steam once we have finished its development!

We are currently moving everything towards starting our Kickstarter campaign and getting as many mechanics working to show you guys as possible !

Thanks for your questions and we love hearing from you guys :)

alex
Marrowmat  [developer] Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:31pm 
Just to clarify/add to this, the alpha will always be available through steam, our thinking at the moment is that you pay full price for the alpha, but that entitles you to free updates all the way through to the final release.

Kick starter however provides you with a limited time opportunity to purchase the game at a lower price. Those who purchased through kickstarter will receive the game via a steam key.

Either way, whether you choose to help fund the kickstarter or not, access to the game will come at the same time for anyone. The only difference being you'll get some extra exclusive rewards and get a better deal.

So the order of things is as such:

Get things to the best possible representation we can with zero funding ->
Do a kickstarter campaign ->
Release Alpha on steam ->
Bring Development to the finish line...

to be continued....... =D
Last edited by Marrowmat; Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:33pm
Lore Nov 7, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
"...our thinking at the moment is that you pay full price for the alpha, but that entitles you to free updates all the way through to the final release."

Sounds fair enough.
Anchor Dec 14, 2013 @ 10:53am 
Is there a place you guys are giving regualr updates? If not i suggest you take 30 min everyweek and let us know whats going on, so we can follow the progress and still keep interest.
Lucian Jan 25 @ 3:39am 
Originally posted by Anchor:
Is there a place you guys are giving regualr updates? If not i suggest you take 30 min everyweek and let us know whats going on, so we can follow the progress and still keep interest.

This is a great idea, if possible. Would help get more attention to the game as well as keep interest.
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Jan 25 @ 2:43pm 
We are donig a few updates reguarding our progress over at our twitter @bsgstudio so you can follow those over there :D
Guy_From_Hell Jan 26 @ 12:49pm 
If you're going to do a kickstarter please DON'T do it that way (http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/630799997240294681/) !
Alphastorm Jan 26 @ 12:50pm 
Originally posted by Guy_From_Hell:
If you're going to do a kickstarter please DON'T do it that way (http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/630799997240294681/) !

Not as bad as Planetary Annihilation, which if I recall, charged $90 for early access.
Guy_From_Hell Jan 26 @ 12:57pm 
Originally posted by Alphastorm:
Originally posted by Guy_From_Hell:

Not as bad as Planetary Annihilation, which if I recall, charged $90 for early access.
Top 4 of the most expensive Steam games
http://s004.radikal.ru/i205/1401/d3/914e7a4a313c.jpg
Wardiaper Feb 2 @ 11:33pm 
Yes, please don't pull a Wastelands 2 (will buy when it comes down to it's full release price), Planetary Annihilation (which I bought for $45 recently), or Elite Dangerous (should have raised at least 10x what they have raised if they didn't price the alpha at 200 pounds which is over $328 USD - dumbest move in early release history and I will wait until the full game is released to buy at $30 to $40 unless they drop the beta price before that time).

I would pay full price for your game in alpha (don't have to do a minecraft and charge 1/3 for alpha, 1/2 for beta, and full price since then and has sold 14 million copies for PC). Even Star Citizen you can get in for $40 (I opted for a $75 package because they aren't trying to screw over gamers) and you are not cut out of the alpha and they have crushed Elite with $37 million raised even though I want Elite Dangerous more than Star Citizen.

You don't have to make money from pricing schemes (and most likely hurt yourself financially in the long run by grossly overcharging for an alpha and some gamers will glance at the price and leave and never return to your product until it is selling at a steep discount) - just make a great game, price it fairly, and watch your bank account explode and happy gamers (look at Rust with 750,000 copies in 1 month at $20 per copy = $15 million). I want 2 copies of your game.
Last edited by Wardiaper; Feb 2 @ 11:51pm
sid Feb 24 @ 9:37am 
I hope kickstarter starts cheap that alot of players will follow the game and not only some .. like Feudal Online.. the keys are so expensive that the game cant be released because only some players hav buyed a key .. make it cheap that you become a big community
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50