This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Kazzy May 3, 2013 @ 12:30am
Linux version?
Are you currently working on a Linux version?
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Marrowmat  [developer] May 4, 2013 @ 8:05am 
Linux is definitely a possibility. The engine we are using has recently been updated to allow for Linux builds. Before we announce full support for Linux, we need to make sure that we have the appropriate hardware in place to be able to test the builds to ensure they work correctly.

Specific things may need to be changed or adapted the Linux builds, and we don't know what those are yet.

We are working on this. =]

Matt
Last edited by Marrowmat; May 4, 2013 @ 8:06am
Mr. Bojangles May 5, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
I will almost certainly buy this, but I'd be even more inclined to if there's Linux support.
Kazzy May 10, 2013 @ 8:57pm 
Thank you for at least considering it. :D I hope you are able to make everything work with no problems at all.
{ROC}Macaroni May 18, 2013 @ 3:25pm 
I would like to see anything now a days on Linux however, I don't want them to loose site on the goal of the game if they change focus because of Platform Additions. So far I like what I see should be interesting. Thanks for Considering Linux
zombu3 May 20, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
Hell if you build it for linux i buy 2
luckz @ vacation Jun 23, 2013 @ 1:08am 
Originally posted by Marrowmat:
The engine we are using has recently been updated to allow for Linux builds.
So this too is a Unity game?
Fox - O Clinico Geral Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:34am 
Lancher to linux please
HumbleLinux Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
+1
Numidark Aug 13, 2013 @ 4:00am 
If you're release you're game on linux, i buy it ;)
I save you're game in my list ;)
Marrowmat  [developer] Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:05am 
As far as building for linux goes, if it's a simple matter of rebuilding for a new exe then you can expect it soon after release. If it requires that we have to port the game and change a lot of code then it's something that will be considered after the release.

If anybody is wanted a current update on this, the situtation is that we're focusing our efforts on PC for now, and will look towards other platforms after release, and consider alternative platform development based on how the game is received.
HumbleLinux Aug 22, 2013 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by Marrowmat:
As far as building for linux goes, if it's a simple matter of rebuilding for a new exe then you can expect it soon after release. If it requires that we have to port the game and change a lot of code then it's something that will be considered after the release.

If anybody is wanted a current update on this, the situtation is that we're focusing our efforts on PC for now, and will look towards other platforms after release, and consider alternative platform development based on how the game is received.
so by PC (Personal Computer) you actually mean Windows? Linux runs on a PC too :)

good news that Linux support is coming anyways. Good luck.
Last edited by HumbleLinux; Aug 22, 2013 @ 7:43am
luckz @ vacation Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:03am 
Originally posted by HumbleLinux:
so by PC (Personal Computer) you actually mean Windows? Linux runs on a PC too :)

Apple spent hundreds of bazillions of marketing dollars creating a "Mac vs PC" distinction.
That's what accepting those buffoons into the *nix fold gets you.
Marrowmat  [developer] Sep 11, 2013 @ 8:12am 
By PC, I mean Unity's definition of a Windows based EXE.

Mac, PC, Linux /
Mac, Windows, Linux

I mean WINDOWS when I say PC *shrugs*
VisioN ♛ Sep 28, 2013 @ 6:34am 
Are beta testers? :D
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50