This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Apr 13, 2013 @ 1:08pm
Supporting Us & Kickstarter Alternatives
We have received e-mails from several of you asking if there was any way you could contribute or become part of the process prior to our kickstarter and also whether there were other ways you could pledge without having to use kickstarter.

We would like to set-up a similar system to kickstarter on our own website, you will be able to browse through the different tiers and pledge the amount you are comfortable with or for whichever tier you think is most attractive in terms of rewards.

The rewards for either kickstarter or our own website will be identical. So you don't need to loose out on any cool rewards either way.

It's going to take some time to set up, we need to make sure it works properly and is reliable and safe to use and we also need to work out some legal stuff too.

The website system will be using Paypal and will hopefully be up and running soon.
Last edited by Marrowmat; Apr 23, 2013 @ 5:22pm
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
dogie Apr 13, 2013 @ 2:04pm 
Hiring a lead developer
Landy Apr 13, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
FREE: Use whatever social media you have out there to spread the word. Keep us up to date with newest features, development progress, etc. VLOGS is a good idea, but you do not really have to worry about a fancy and costy video equipment when using twitch.tv. I make do with low-end webcam and a fairly slow upload and seem to do alright by myself :)

These days, people like to pre-order and get some exclusive content that you'd normally not get if you purchase the game after release date. There are different ways you guys can do that and I'm sure that you could come up with some exclusive content in order to appeal to a wider audience. Sadly, I think that a lot of game developers these days have gone overboard with "season pass" this and "season pass" that. But that another discussion, hehe.

The more money spent on the game, the better.
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Apr 13, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
Cheers for the insight Landy,

We're doing the best we can to make the most out of our social media, and I think it's going very well. The VLOGS is a definite, from the feedback we've had so far people seem to really like the videos where we just casually talking about whats happening, and they're much easier/quicker to do than writing a blog.

We've had a few e-mails from people expressing their desire to support/donate, but ya know, we want to be careful about what were doing so we thought we'd get peoples opinions first.

Things like rezzed and other expos are a great way to get some serious publicity, (Hotline miami did really well out of Rezzed last year) and anything we can do will greatly help our kickstarters chances of success. But alas, these things cost money and you end up having to sacrifice a thing or two here and there to make sure you can afford something else.

But like we said, any money raised from this, if we were to go ahead and do it with the communities approval, would all be spent on the game and improving it's quality. It would be awesome to be able to get a pro concept artist before the kickstarter.

I'll edit the discussion if I can, turn it into more of an idea generator for where funds could go that would be well spent if people wanted to donate. We're saving the pre-order stuff and exclusive content for kickstarter tier rewards, but we'll work something out that satisfies everyone.
Landy Apr 13, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
Would perhaps W:TOR be something you could do as "early access" here on Steam, once the game gets greenlit? I would also suggest that you add a "paypal" link to the official website, as not everyone (including myself) use kickstarter. :)

So far, I've been promoting the project to all my friends and followers on twitch, twitter and here on steam and people feel the same as I do, that this seems like such a unique project that if you guys manage to pull this through, this could easily become indie hit of 2013(?)

Anways, keep up the good work!

- Daniel

TLa Litheon Apr 14, 2013 @ 1:32am 
If you guys are looking at hiring a pro concept artist.. Here is someone worth looking at. I believe he is a freelancer, and his style might just be a perfect fit for this game.

http://andreewallin.deviantart.com/
http://andreewallin.com/

Have a look, and keep up the good work! :)
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Apr 14, 2013 @ 5:57am 
Wow, his stuff is truly beaut!

Matt
sgt_reconz Apr 14, 2013 @ 7:14am 
guys wonderful work and progress so far. this game looks epic and I cant wait for sept. 2014, keep it up and I apllaud you once agian!
.:xXODDJOBXx:. Apr 14, 2013 @ 11:28am 
Awesome work so far!
¤Lord Wolf¤ Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:06am 
Did you consider making it an open source project and living off the donations?
<τЪƒ>||akaRolle Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Anything that can ease your work and hopefully shorten the wait for a first official playable prototype. Yes, accept our cash!
Last edited by <τЪƒ>||akaRolle; Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:46am
Bright Sprite Games  [developer] Apr 15, 2013 @ 12:11pm 
We'll talk about what we have planned in the upcoming blog, bare with us ladies and gentlemen!
TGregorz Apr 15, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
Really interested in this game, looks amazing, my friends and I have been looking for something like this for our LAN parties for a while (I would like to know if the Co-op is over LAN the internet or both?), will definitely be donating on kickstarter.
I'm also wandering if you will be relasing any Beta version and when. We can't wait to get our hands on it.
Keep up the awesome work!
Last edited by TGregorz; Apr 21, 2013 @ 7:55am
thegreyslim Apr 18, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
I'd donate for rights to a copy at release as well as early development testing access. This looks great and worth investing in imo. But not without the previously mentioned
[SSA] aurorapwnz Apr 20, 2013 @ 12:30am 
It's been a very long time since I've seen a game that excites me this much. I'll absolutely contribute to your kickstarter, and if you have any need for ultra-early alpha testers, contact me at trend.4@live.com.
thegreyslim Apr 20, 2013 @ 11:23am 
Originally posted by aurorapwnz:
It's been a very long time since I've seen a game that excites me this much. I'll absolutely contribute to your kickstarter, and if you have any need for ultra-early alpha testers, contact me at trend.4@live.com.

Yeah exactly
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50