This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Agarest: Generations of War
reasonpolice Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:25am
How much of an advantage is the DLC going to give me?
I was looking over what you get with the DLC packs, and it seems like you get a crap load of gold and other currency, as well as a whole bunch of items that seem really useful.

So... how much of an advantage will that give me early game?
Can I choose whether or not to activate the DLC packs individually?

Since I have never even heard of the Agarest series before like two days ago, I want to make sure I'm playing at the hardest possible difficulty for my first run. Any explanations would be much appreciated! :)
Last edited by reasonpolice; Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:43am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Ghostlight Ltd.  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:49am 
It does leave you pretty powerful early on. But if you feel it's too much you can either disable individual pieces at launch or only start using the equipment and points gradually as you feel you need the boost.
reasonpolice Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:14am 
Oh, nice! That's right, steam has that built in, doesn't it? Almost all of my games don't have DLC that I feel needs to be managed, so I've never really needed to use that feature. Thanks for the response!

So excited to play this, MFW I first saw it:
Star Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:22am 
2 hours left GRRRRR
preatty good dlc system individual activations :O
Star Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:24am 
btw ghostlight is there any dlc i can buy in launch or need to activate that was not in the pre order deal ?
reasonpolice Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:34am 
Star, if you read the latest announcement, they are putting all the free DLC that was supposed to be released incrementally in with the game at launch. So we're gonna have like 30 DLCs haha. I don't think there are any more paid DLCs than the ones that you get with a preorder.
Ghostlight Ltd.  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:43am 
There won't be any more DLC at launch but there will be some more coming in a few weeks.

@reasonpolice Not sure if Steam have something built in but we've got an option to disable individual items of DLC when you start a new game.
Last edited by Ghostlight Ltd.; Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:45am
reasonpolice Oct 3, 2013 @ 8:50am 
Oh that's actually even more awesome. Like, double awesome. And yeah, I don't even know if Steam has that specific feature either, lol. There IS a tab in the properties window that lets you see all DLC, just not 100% sure if you can enable and disable them. I'm at work right now otherwise I would check. :P
Star Oct 3, 2013 @ 9:17am 
sweet thanks ghostlight, 1 hour to go! harr yarrr fiddely deee
reasonpolice Oct 3, 2013 @ 9:31am 
Being a pirate is alright to be
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50