This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Agarest: Generations of War
n00by_ME Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:03pm
What exactly does "Choose the path of darkness or light..." mean?
"Choose the path of darkness or light through a truly epic story spanning 5 generations and featuring a massive 60+ hours of gameplay"

That's how it's written in the "feature list"(?) but it doesn't give me one hint to what exactly it means for the gameplay?
If I go for the "path of darkness" (Which I will do, since I'm somewhat tired of always averting world destruction. :D) , may I destroy the world? World domination? Or simply sow the seed for strife and chaos?
How does that relate to the heroines? Are there seperated casts, one for the path of darkness and one for the path of light? Or do I get the same heroines for both?
So in short; what does the path of darkness mean, what does it include and what in general makes it different (Story AND gameplay-vise) from the path of light?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
lolCindered Apr 29, 2013 @ 9:56pm 
It doesn't actually mean a whole lot to gameplay. All it really is a little, 3 part gauge(Which you can see in the bottom left of this screenshot) that shifts based on various dialogue choices. You can shift alignments fairly quickly, so it's not a big commitment.

For the majority of the game, all your alignment really does is act as a trigger for the optional CG events. It isn't signficant at all until the very end of the game where it functions as a trigger to recruit a certain character, and determines how the ending plays out.
Last edited by lolCindered; Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:05pm
n00by_ME Apr 29, 2013 @ 11:02pm 
Too bad, I had a faint hope that I could finally do something else besides the "rescuing the town --> city --> country --> continent --> world --> universe --> dimension" stuff... oh well, I'm still gonna buy it, but the hype just got downed a whole lot. ^_^
DarkPrayer93 Apr 30, 2013 @ 11:37am 
it does affect gameplay though O.O if you can balance the two you can get the true end and that's where the real fun starts :D
n00by_ME May 1, 2013 @ 5:18am 
How exactly can the "real fun" start, when the game reached the end? Or do you mean in New Game+ mode?
DesmaX May 1, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by Exitus:
How exactly can the "real fun" start, when the game reached the end? Or do you mean in New Game+ mode?
True Ending. Some really, really tough bosses waits you there
n00by_ME May 1, 2013 @ 12:41pm 
Sounds interesting. I'll wait patiently for the game to hit steam so I can enjoy this. :)
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50