This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Agarest: Generations of War
MDuh Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:01am
Purchasable downloadable items and additional content.
First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you guys for a swift greenlit status. But let's talk about here seriously for a bit.

Please, for the love of whatever you really love, don't do this DLC cash gab type of business.

I'm really really hyped about this game, enough to insta-purchase a pre-order right now even the release date is 6 months away. But that last sentence in the description is killing the hype for me.

DLC on an RPG game is annoying and frustrating. Knowingly that I won't be able explore/get/unlock everything inside the game because those remaining content are chopped. It feels very ♥♥♥♥ty when I play an RPG on my android tablet unknowingly(at first) that they are selling SIDE QUESTS w/ OP items or unlockables that costs 5$. Luckily GameCIH/Gameguardian can spoof the values in android so I can unlock those obvious cash gabs. You can imagine what I'll do too in PC just to get those dlcs.

Just put all the content in 1 swoop(don't even split em) and sell it on a reasonable price point, not splitting content and reducing the price of the base game.

I'm making this plea for the good of the consumers and for you devs too. If you make your consumers happy, then for sure they will support any future games released in your name.

Again, Congratz on your greenlit status
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
dragon_blade Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:05am 
On the ps3 counter part theres a ton of free dlc already with very few paid dlc im not sure why they would exclude that
Last edited by dragon_blade; Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:06am
MDuh Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:10am 
Originally posted by dragon_blade:
On the ps3 counter part theres a ton of free dlc already with very few paid dlc
Is there side quests/expansions that are being sold though? that's my main gripe on this DLC thinggy on RPGs

I'm only ok with DLC/IAP if it's just a fast and easy way to get those items(but can still be lootable in-game) or add this amount of money or currency.
dragon_blade Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:32am 
Originally posted by MDuh:
Is there side quests/expansions that are being sold though? that's my main gripe on this DLC thinggy on RPGs

I'm only ok with DLC/IAP if it's just a fast and easy way to get those items(but can still be lootable in-game) or add this amount of money or currency.

Not that i know of i know the Extra dungeons are free alot of stat boosting items are free. Thats about all i know i can look in the psn store later and find out.
Chizu Apr 18, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Originally posted by MDuh:

this may be of interest
http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/DLC#Agarest:_Generations_of_War
Alot of the 32! pieces of DLC were free, what was paid were mostly just little boosts or weapons.
There was no actual story content or anything needed to actually complete the game sold as extra.

I am not sure if the DLC weapons are attainable in-game without the dlc, but its not that big of a deal either way, its only a couple of items, nothing critical.
Atelier iZUN's Trip 2 Apr 18, 2013 @ 6:19am 
Just follow the vita ports. Name it Agarest+ and include all DLC for free.
DesmaX Apr 18, 2013 @ 7:40am 
I'm pretty sure Compile Hearts only do paid DLC for "Game-Breaking Booster Packs" (Yeah, they do that for every game), content that actually add something cool to the game are normally free. And you even get some free Booster Packs too, which can help in the beggining of the game (If you're in a hurry)
Last edited by DesmaX; Apr 18, 2013 @ 7:40am
Fire Walk With Me Apr 18, 2013 @ 9:01am 
On the 360 this game had day 1 trash DLC available for consumption. This garbage will continue on Steam 100%. I'm very sad Valve continues to let Japanese developers plague Steam. They should be eradicated - minus Platinum.
Blareh Apr 18, 2013 @ 10:32am 
On PS3, you have free extra dungeons, free stats and items+weapons (crap ones though). The paid DLC were for major @$$-kicking weapons and armor that you'd have to play to Gen 4-5 or even post-game to get ahold off (+2000-ish atk Genbu gauntlets on Gen1 is quite OP).
Balki Apr 18, 2013 @ 11:52am 
As some posters above said, the bonusdungeons were FREE and they were kinda easy and mostly there to boost stats. THen there was a bunch of free DLC (boosts and items) and some paid/cheat DLC (gamebreaking boosts and endgame/postgame items).
Dead *******. Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:59am 
Do you know how DLC works most of the time? Instead of making paid DLC they can choose to completely ignore that content that would be in DLC. http://i.imgur.com/m77S3.png Developers already talked about this, there comes a point to where they need to work on wrapping up the game, and they split the team, one team to finish the game up, and the other team continues to add content. It wouldn't be profitable for the other team to continue adding small extra stuff "dlc" if it didn't sell.
Each individual worker gets paid by the hour, only really nice devs with money to blow make free DLC. However In agarests case, it would make sense for most of the dlc to be free for the pc port.
But bashing rpgs in general for having dlc is pretty odd. Now and days with the way business works, you need a completed form of the game a month before release. So they already "finished" the game, wrapped it up, and are preparing to ship it around the world, while at the same time people on the team are in the back making more content, that they didn't have to.

Look at the graph I linked if you're still insure, or unhappy about it.
Although agarests has silly item DLC for people who want to break the game(sarcasm). Not worth complaining about that you have to pay some cents to make the game easier.
Last edited by Dead *******.; Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:04am
MDuh Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:29am 
Why bashing RPGs with dlc is odd? I guess you haven't seen how silly RPG's ask for their DLC on android/IOS like FF(ehem square enix), zenonia, kemco games.
Come back again if you have seen how blatant it is. At least Bard's tale only sold IAP on extra items, extra skill points, gold, crystals which are all grindable, and extra karaoke cutscenes.

Square enix and co. are selling "side quests", items(which are not attainable through grinding), premium characters, special currency that you can't get by playing, world tickets to access other world, oh and the worst part, WarZ Mechanic! Wait to respawn OR pay $$ to respawn instantly.

Second that EA graph has nothing to do with this game, they are just porting this to the PC.

I'm posting this to clarify what DLCs will they on this game, if it's silly or not. Their answer and chosen path will determine if I will save a space on my wallet for this game or not.
Evan Apr 20, 2013 @ 2:19am 
All the Extra Dungeons is FREE.You should do some research before posting something like this.And there's no "Side-quests" DLC in this game,only Extra Dungeons.
The only paid DLC is Godlike-stats weapons\armor and Gold\EP\PP\TP.(meaning you don't need to grind,or just new to the game).
I'm speaking about PS3\X360 version DLC here ^
MDuh Apr 20, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
good to know if that's the case in console versions. I just hope they continue this on the PC
Leon Apr 21, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/DLC

It's obvious you won't need the paid DLC to get the full enjoyment of the game, but this is a single player RPG that's being treated like a free to play MMO, and it's such an asinine and greedy thing to do that it makes players like me not want to support these companies on principle alone.

Just something I thought I should throw out there.
Tjoeb123 Apr 21, 2013 @ 10:09pm 
Um...Guys.

I REALLY don't understand why you're bring this up.

Most of the DLC on the consoles are FREE.

You start a new game.
You get to the 2nd boss or so, and hands your ♥♥♥ to you on a plate.
You can either grind it out, or pay $2-3 for ultimate weapons and armor. Hell, one of Record of Agarest War Zero's free DLCs was the Impregnable Defense Pack, which made your party pretty much invincible for at least the 1st gen (of 2).

The free DLC is nothing more than item packs and extra dungeons.

Oh, and if you play through the game and fail to see all of the CGs or whatever....yep, you can pay to unlock them!
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50