Dit spel is nu beschikbaar op Steam!

Bedankt voor je hulp bij het selecteren van dit spel voor distributie via Steam. Meer informatie, waaronder een link naar de Steam-winkelpagina, kan hier onder gevonden worden.

Agarest: Generations of War
DesmaX 11 apr 2013 om 10:05nm
Trails in the Sky
Hello everyone.

As we know, Agarest is getting quite the popularity here on Greenlight (It already Top 70), and that with only a week of release here. Quite impressive, and for me, it shows that there are people interessed in JRPG's here on Steam.

But, will this game be a sucess here on Steam? Is that sucess going to make Ghostlight port more titles of the genre here? Will the sucess of this game make others publishers port their JRPG's to PC's? Only the future will tell...

But, what I wanted to talk about is one special game of the genre. Trails in the Sky.

Released originally in 2004 for Windows PC, the game was developed by Nihon Falcom (The same people who makes the Ys series. If you are reading this, but doesn't have at least one of those games in your account... Shame on you) and it's a great Turn-Based JRPG. It was ported to PSP in 2006, adding some features (Like Voices in Battle). In 2011, Xseed decided to localize this PSP version to US. Soon after that, Ghostlight picked it up for EU release.

Here a video, if anyone is interessed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4SE4BF2q8

That game is definitely my favorite JRPG "this gen" (I mean, this was originally released in 2004), but, the game just ends with a cliffhanger (And it's not something like "Assassins Creed"... The ending is so good you can't even get mad at it), and, we never got the sequel here in the west. Xseed has clearly said that the game is just too big for them. And they're right, of course:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/709062885.jpg

I mean, you can clearly see how huge the games from the series are... It puts Persona games to shame.

But, of course, these are easily one of the best JRPG's Japan has to offer, and I believe that bringing these to Steam is the only hope for this franchise.

Sure, I'm not asking Ghostlight to do it (I'm pretty sure Xseed would just do it themselves instead of letting Ghostlight do it), all I want to do is raise awareness of this series, and, you know... Maybe someone at Xseed might just end up reading this discussion... I know they probably already have a lot of requests for bringing this series to the PC... But, hey, the more the merrier
1-11 van 11 reacties weergegeven
< >
wazas1r1 12 apr 2013 om 1:03vm 
I hope that Agarest: Generations of War will be available on steam as soon as I want to spend the money to buy it.
Ghostlight Ltd.  [ontwikkelaar] 12 apr 2013 om 1:21vm 
@DesmaX If this does well we would definitely like to bring more games over here.

As for Trails in the Sky I'd agree that it's an absolutely fantastic game. In fact it's still one of my favourite games that I've worked on. I remember when we first got an evaluation version of the game I ended up borrowing a work PSP so I could take the game home with me to play :)
eclipsezeromh 12 apr 2013 om 1:45vm 
I REALLY need to get around to playing this game on the PSP :C I have heard its much longer than any Persona title, which would be gigantic considering I clocked in over 100 hours on my first P3P playthrough, which by the way was on the easiest difficulty(which I ramped up later, don't judge me ;o; )
Would love to have this on the PC as well <3
DesmaX 12 apr 2013 om 7:28vm 
Origineel geplaatst door Ghostlight Ltd.:
@DesmaX If this does well we would definitely like to bring more games over here.

As for Trails in the Sky I'd agree that it's an absolutely fantastic game. In fact it's still one of my favourite games that I've worked on. I remember when we first got an evaluation version of the game I ended up borrowing a work PSP so I could take the game home with me to play :)

haha, sounds like you got into trouble.

Can't blame you, the game is just that good
Ghostlight Ltd.  [ontwikkelaar] 15 apr 2013 om 1:36vm 
@DesmaX It is indeed :). I've still got the A1 poster we did with the game up in my room :)
dragon_blade 15 apr 2013 om 5:21vm 
Ugh still waiting for chapter 2 that ending in the first game makes me want more . i put 60 hours in the first game and would gladly do the same for the other 2? games
lord_toronian 10 mei 2013 om 2:31vm 
im surprised they havent tried kickstarter to raise the funds needed to do that sequel then... it would be a viable way to earn the needed revenue to translate it i think especially if they got the word out
bcb555 10 mei 2013 om 6:50vm 
i would personnaly love ot see more JRPGs on steam and esspecially from ghostlight i personaly own The record of Argarest war on my 360 but i will be buying this on steam as well i absolutely love this game series i really hope its a good port and doesnt put my expectations to shame i really do look forward to this game comeing out and i would love to see more
DesmaX 10 mei 2013 om 7:44vm 
Origineel geplaatst door lord_toronian:
im surprised they havent tried kickstarter to raise the funds needed to do that sequel then... it would be a viable way to earn the needed revenue to translate it i think especially if they got the word out

Xseed already said they won't do it
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/kickstarter-blindside/all/
8-bit Ringo 11 mei 2013 om 3:37vm 
Origineel geplaatst door lord_toronian:

As I understand it the issue wasn't as much with funds as it was the sheer massive scale the translation project was. Due to the "to be continued" footage at the end of the first game I can't imagine the project just being dropped. I mean I can, but it would just really really really suck if it does.

There are millions of characters in this series, I mean the amont of text is freaking staggering. I've never seen anything like it. God I want to play this game -_-... and the series that takes place after Sora no Kiseki. One series at a time I guess.
Wendy ♀ Harupoppo 28 mei 2013 om 10:10nm 
:3
1-11 van 11 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50