Dette spil er nu tilgængeligt på Steam!

Tak for din hjælp med at få dette spil valgt til distribution via Steam. Mere information, inklusivt et link til butikssiden på Steam, kan findes nedenfor.

Agarest: Generations of War
ukkosfaith 10. apr 2013 kl. 2:50am
So what are some Japanese RPGs you would like to see on the PC/Steam?
Since we've already gotten out of the way that many of us want Japanese RPG on the PC and to be able to buy them through services like Steam.

I think that some of use should mention some of the games we would like, from the unlikely to the unlikely. As well as ideas that would make them a particularly quality port or version.

Personally, here's some older games I would like to see reach the PC for Steam that do not have a PC port:
- Grandia
- Tales of Symphonia
- Tales of the Abyss
- Tales of Destiny
- Skies of Arcadia
- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner; Soul Hackers
- Valkyrie Profile
- Star Ocean: The Second Story
- Legend of Mana
- Xenogears
- Suikoden II
- Final Fantasy IX

And here are some current or recent generation games I would like to see reach the PC for Steam that do not have a PC port:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Graces f
- Tales of Xillia
- Tales of Xillia 2
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- Disgaea 4
- Valkyria Chronicles I, II, & III
- Resonance of Fate
- Etrian Odyssey I, II, III, and IV
- Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
- Dragon Quest VII
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Dragon Quest IX
- Ni no Kuni
- The Last Story
- Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
- Radiant Historia

Honorable mentions go to Grandia II, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VIII for already having PC ports. All of which would probably do well to come to Steam. I can't think of too many others that actually have a PC port but are not on Steam. So they don't get a list, but an honorable mention. It would probably do good thing for the genre the on the PC if they were available for purchase on Steam. It should be noted that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII have been updated on the Steam database in the past couple of weeks, so are most likely coming to Steam.

I have a lot to explain of how and why and how likely or unlikely these ports would be. I wouldn't just want the ports to exist, but I'd want them to be good ports. But I'll save that for another post. I don't want to overwhelm people with a wall of text.

Not these aren't necessarily likely to happen. Just not first party titles that could, in theory, be localized. That I would like to see.
Sidst redigeret af ukkosfaith; 10. apr 2013 kl. 2:55am
Viser 1-15 af 82 kommentarer
< >
wazas1r1 10. apr 2013 kl. 2:54am 
Final Fantasy IX
Valkyrie Profile

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
-Disgaea 4
Valkyria Chronicles I, II, & III
Dragon Quest VII
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Dragon Quest IX
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
eclipsezeromh 10. apr 2013 kl. 3:45am 
1. Absolutely anything from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, including Catherine and Persona, and the Persona fighter.

2. Dragon's Dogma...seriously, why the hell is this NOT on the PC?! Its a JP take on a WRPG, and a FANTASTIC one from what I've seen and played!

3. The Last Story.

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

5. Vanquish(Yeah, not an RPG. I am listing JP games in general, why limit it to RPG's? :p)

6. The entirely of the Metal Gear franchise, including Metal Gear Rising.

7. BlazBlue, we already have Calamity Trigger, why not the rest?!

8. Project Diva. We need more rhythm games on the PC IMHO, and I think this might be pretty amazing.

9. Resonance of Fate

10. NieR

11. Kingdom Hearts

12. Valkyria Chronicles

13. Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban or W/E its JP name is.

14. Shadow of the Colossus

15. Legend of Heroes

16. Ys. Yes I know there are some titles already on Steam,but I am hoping the other like Ys Seven and the upcoming Vita Ys can make it someday as well.

17. Final Fantasy XII. I don't care much for the FF series as a whole, but good god I LOVED this game, especially the Zodiac edition. Chockful of content and a gigantic world, I would love it on PC <3 The battle system was MMO-ish yes, but that didn't make me like it ANY less!
Also Final Fantasy IX, though that's more due to nostalgia, it was my first RPG ever <3

18. Xenoblade. Nintendo has the perfect(IMHO) game to break into the PC market with, I WOULD GIVE THOUSANDS FOR THIS, THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. SACRIFICE A BABY IF NEE-yeah ok no I wouldn't, but damn this would be BEAUTIFUL on the PC!
Mitty 10. apr 2013 kl. 5:51am 
Phoenix Wright is already on PC if I recall.

Just give me any SMT game, Nier or Neptunia and I'll be a happy camper.
eclipsezeromh 10. apr 2013 kl. 6:12am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Mitty:
Phoenix Wright is already on PC if I recall.

Just give me any SMT game, Nier or Neptunia and I'll be a happy camper.
Wait...WHAT?!
Whowhatwhenwherehow
Please excuse my fanboy caps BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
I MUST KNOW THE TRUTH, OR MY SOUL SHALL NOT EVER REST
DesmaX 10. apr 2013 kl. 7:59am 
- All SMT Games;

- Anything made by glorious NIS;

- Legend of Heroes;

- Ys Seven (There is already a PC port made in China... Would be cool to see it on steam);

- Bravely Default;

- "Tales of" games;

- Compile Heart games (I mean, I would be able to just hit Alt + Tab when I need... lol)

That's the ones I remember now
Mitty 10. apr 2013 kl. 8:32am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af eclipsezeromh:
Wait...WHAT?!
Whowhatwhenwherehow
I MUST KNOW THE TRUTH, OR MY SOUL SHALL NOT EVER REST

Yeah, they were only released in Japan though.
Paramecium 10. apr 2013 kl. 8:39am 
Gust
- PS3 atelier (series)

Nihon Falcom
- Legend of Heroes (series)
- Ys Seven (series)

Chunsoft
- Mystery dungeon (series) (Rogue-like)

I like JRPGs.
but, I love Japanese Tactical role-playing games.
- Ogre Battle Saga (series)
- FFT
- FFT&A2
- Super Robot Taisen (series)

日本のゲーム会社がもっとSteamに進出して欲しい。
Sidst redigeret af Paramecium; 10. apr 2013 kl. 8:52am
BasilZero 10. apr 2013 kl. 9:53am 
Final Fantasy I Anniversary
Final Fantasy II Anniversary
Final Fantasy III (Same as the DS and PSP)
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
Final Fantasy V (same as iOS)
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions
Ys Seven
Ys Celceta
Breath of Fire series (I, II, III, IV and Dragon Quarter)
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)
Sword of Mana
Legend of Mana
Star Ocean First Departure
Star Ocean Second Evolution
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Hearts
Tales of Graces
Tales of Xillia
Persona Revelations
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Persona 2 Eternal Punshiment
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4 Golden
mbpopolano24 10. apr 2013 kl. 5:10pm 
Valkyria Chronicles, all of them
ukkosfaith 11. apr 2013 kl. 3:37am 
Just to go into more detail of what I said would make a good port that would make fans really want to buy the PC version, here are some examples of ports that fans would really like, and would stand behind as a good port, if not the true definitive version of the games. Games that would sell well and have a lot of respect.

Edit: Ugh, wall of text. Nobody is going to read that. Especially with how Steam discussions are formatted. I'm going to make and link a google document.

Here is a link to my explanation of what games and what would make them a good port and why.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U7dK
ekrxCo8CEneiv6IwIJvWeGOZu0OAQH_sZg_aVrY/
edit?usp=sharing
The link should work. Or at least, copying and pasting the url should work just fine. Unfortunately, Steam does not seem to allow for linking tiny-url.

The Ys and Legend of Heroes games really all need to come to Steam. They're already on the PC, or most of them are. They deserve a localization. Really, Falcom games in general deserve a localization and a Steam release. I'm really hoping for XSEED. They have a great record and have release several Ys games on Steam in a short time period.

I'm really looking forward to the possibility of Legend of the Heroes, Zwei, and Gurumin games.
Indeed they were.

It isn't all that surprising, considering..
a) It's Capcom, who has a fantastic history with the PC as far as Japanese companies are concerned
b) Phoenix Wright is basically a Visual Novel series in many respects. Visual Novels have always been a genre more popular on PCs.

It would be really nice for Capcom to localize the games on the PC. There's really no good reason for them not to. Though their policies can be a mystery. They've already localized several doujinshi games under their name. So they're definitely not against putting obscure games under their name. I can only hope they would.

Also, not just localization. But the original Japanese version on Steam for Japanese audiences would be a good idea, as well. Steam needs more Japanese user friendly content. And having the Phoenix Wright games on Steam would probably also help the PC sales of the game in Japan.
2. Dragon's Dogma...seriously, why the hell is this NOT on the PC?! Its a JP take on a WRPG, and a FANTASTIC one from what I've seen and played!
A lot of recent talks and vague inside rumors from industry people seem to imply strongly that Dragon's Dogma is indeed coming to PC and of course Steam just like other Capcom games.

It is implied by some speaking the subject that they are waiting for an update to the current game to get around to finishing up and releasing a PC port. If that isn't true, there's also a petition to get the game released on the PC. Though most likely that won't be necessary since some people in the industry have basically confirmed it is getting a PC release, just not yet.

There's also talks of finally bringing the Mega Man franchise that already have PC versions to Steam. Capcom USA has already confirmed that talks are underway. Though as said, Capcom is pretty mysterious when it comes to their policies on things. Especially with franchises like Mega Man, which has undergone lots of cancellations and is a big ? right now. I rather miss Mega Man. Though that's not Japanese RPG related.
Sidst redigeret af ukkosfaith; 11. apr 2013 kl. 5:13am
Konachibi 11. apr 2013 kl. 4:11am 
Atelier Iris 1, 2 & 3,
Atelier Rorona, Totori, Meruru & Ayesha,
Xenosaga 1, 2 & 3,
Disgaea 1, 2, 3 & 4 (and the upcoming Dimensions 2)
Prinny 1 & 2
Makai Wars
Mana Khemia 1 & 2
Ar Tonelico series
Tales Of series
Cross Edge
Catherine
Hyperdimension Neptunia series
Mugen Souls
Yakuza series
Gungrave & Gungrave Overdose
La Pucelle Tactics
Shin Megami Tensei series
Persona series
Wild Arms series
Arcana Heart series
Blazblue series
All Guilty Gear games
Magna Carta 1, Phantom Of Avalanche & 2
Resonance Of Fate,
King Of Fighters series
Galaxy Angel trilogy
Steambot Chronicles
Grandia series
Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2 & 3
Star Oceans series
Eternal Sonata
Legasista
All Rising Star Games releases (Deathsmiles, Akai Katana, Dodonpachi Resurrection etc.)
No More Heroes 1 & 2
Sakura Wars series
Zone Of The Enders 1 & 2
Witch & 100 Knights (when it's released)
Z.H.P
Corpse Party 1 & 2
Queens Blade
Final Fantasy 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2 & 13:Lightning Returns + Ergheiz + Chocobo's Dungeon (kweh!)
Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2
Odin Sphere
The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne + Megaman Legends 2 (Legends 1 was ported to PC)
Chrono Trigger + Cross
Dissidia + 012 (with online matchmaking)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora's Tower
Project Zero 1, 2, 3 & 4 (called Fatal Frame in U.S)
The Last Story

Right... think that's everything...
Sidst redigeret af Konachibi; 11. apr 2013 kl. 4:13am
ukkosfaith 11. apr 2013 kl. 4:22am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Konachibi:
Blazblue series
All Guilty Gear games
Not j-RPG related, but it certainly seems possible. There are already two games from the Guilty Gear franchise, X2 and Isuka, I'm more fond of X2, on Good old Games and GamersGate. Having them on Steam would be good for their exposure and fun for Steam users.

And if Blazblue was ever tied to a Games for Windows contract, it should be over now. And aksys would do well to have both Guilty Gear and Blazblue games on Steam. Just like Japanese RPGs, I think that the PC is becoming a viable space for fighting games.

Skullgirls is coming to Steam soon. It also looks like the King of Fighters games will be coming to Steam soon as well. And the Guilty Gear and Blazblue games shouldn't be difficult to bring to Steam at all. They're already on other digital download services.

On the subject of non-jRPG games I would like to see, I'd be pretty pleased to see the Cave shooters reach the PC platform. I already own them and have a pretty nice collection of Cave Shooters spanning many platforms. But I would prefer to just open up an emulator and play them that way. It's much more convenient to play something like DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou on my laptop.

I'd be very happy to own Cave shooters on my laptop and desktop and PC in general. I've noticed that on long trips, something I'll often do at a hotel at night for entertainment is open up my laptop and play a round of Do Don Pachi Dai Ou Jou. It has this quick and cathartic property to open it up and start up the East Asia first stage again. I'd like to be able to do that with Steam.
18. Xenoblade. Nintendo has the perfect(IMHO) game to break into the PC market with, I WOULD GIVE THOUSANDS FOR THIS, THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.
This seems incredibly unlikely. Considering how entrenched in the console Nintendo is. Heck, Nintendo is responsible for creating and establishing the console market in Japan, and reviving it in the United States and Europe.

Though there's actually two camps of opinion here. There's actually a lot of people in the industry who think that because of the Wii U, which has sold 3 million units and barely better than the PS Vita, Nintendo needs to give up the console business. Then there's also a huge swath of people who think that would be a terrible idea because they blame going third party for hurting the quality of SEGA's output. If you look back on the past, with the Dreamcast, SEGA was really exciting and many in the arcade gaming world were very strongly for the system. In fact many arcade gamers and SEGA software enthusiasts look very fondly upon the system.

While after the XBOX 360 came out, Sonic Team output quality had decreased significantly at least. And considering not much was coming out of SEGA other than materials produced by Sonic Team, SEGA was seen as on the decline. And many people have blamed SEGA going third party for a loss in quality. Though I personally don't think that is what takes the blame, and SEGA has made some major strides in the past 3 or so years.

I don't know how a third party Nintendo would work. I don't think it is likely, but it seems possible. What Nintendo hardware is used for anymore, at least on the console side, is primarily to sell their first party software. Which isn't very efficient. I don't think it is going to happen though. Nintendo is a symbol of the console itself. They created the industry as a standard. You wouldn't have the Sony PlayStation if it weren't for the NES/Famicom. And Satoru Iwata is particularly not in favor of the idea no matter how badly the Wii U sells.

If they ever did, they certainly wouldn't release a single game third party. And they certainly wouldn't have to through Steam. Nintendo has such a vast library of first party content, so big that I sometimes even forget how vast it is, they could simply open a Nintendo Store to compete with Steam and Origin. It would sell/have an install base leagues better than Origin.

I think that it is possible, to someday happen, if the tablet and phone market ever does significant damage to their handheld market. If the successors to the Wii U and 3DS do really poorly, Nintendo may reconsider their market strategy and more strongly consider the possibility of third party development. As it stands, however, the 3DS is doing really well against the mobile and tablet market. So I don't really see this happening anytime soon. Nintendo has a lot more vitality before following SEGA into the third party market.
Sidst redigeret af ukkosfaith; 11. apr 2013 kl. 4:47am
eclipsezeromh 11. apr 2013 kl. 6:04am 
Oh no, I definitely don't see Nintendo leaving the console market, I just meant them using Monolith Soft games as a way to get some part in the PC market, as titles like Xenoblade are rather perfect for it. Other than that, they would stick to the console most likely :V

One thing they could also do is have certain exclusive content for console versions of MS titles, said exclusive content would have to do with first party Nintendo games and Nintendo based items in the best case scenario while having nothing to do with the actual story, and would also perhaps be exclusive for the first three months to the console or something(the game itself).

Also, do remember its a wishlist, a guy can dream, right? :D
DesmaX 11. apr 2013 kl. 7:21am 
@ukkosfaith I though we were just making a mindless dream list
Konachibi 11. apr 2013 kl. 7:55am 
Well yeah I knew Blazblue and Guilty Gear weren't jrpgs but still, one can dream! Guilty Gear may possibly have a difficult time making it onto PC nowadays due to some issues in their past regarding licensing and rights. The reason they stopped being made for a while was because through some means or another Sega got hold of the rights to them but then didn't actually make any more because they were worried about ruining the franchise, Arc System Works began Blazblue as the spiritual successor but now Arc System Works has the rights back to Guilty Gear but they don't seem to be touching it since Blazblue seems to be selling better.

Guilty Gear 2 Overture would be a nice game to see on Steam, as it's more like a MOBA but you have full control over your character rather than the usual point-and-click interface, and can pull off awesome combos and special moves. Just imagine say... Dota 2 meets Devil May Cry and that's pretty close to the mark. Good fun, but it was released very much under the radar so getting a game online is unlikely. Bringing it to Steam would let it spread it's wings and operate the way it was meant to, with full online team battles and such.

On the matter of Sega, they've done a lot more than people think in regards to gaming. They're the ones that develop the Hatsune Miku games (which we sadly don't see) but in Japan they're thriving, they also have the absolutely excellent Yakuza series (the spiritual successors to Shenmue). Lately they've also done the re-releases of sonic Adventure 1 and 2 which went down very well with those that remembered and loved it, the HD remake of Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS (one of the best games evaaaaa!), and soon enough there is a HD remake of Shenmue coming out too (Sega have actually said if Shenmue Hd does well they'll do a Hd remake of Shenmue II, and if that does well they'll consider continuing the story! :D), as well as a 5th game in the Yakuza series. They also do a lot of work for anime series and movies (they did the CGI scenes to End Of Evangelion way-back-when if I remember correctly and they've done some recently too though I forget what it was).

One thing to always remember about Sega also is when it came to their consoles, they were the pioneers that did almost everything before anyone else. They made the first 16 bit console (super nintendo was 8 bit with 3dfx graphics card), they made the first console with an in-built memory (sega saturn) that included games that would alter depending on the time of year (christmas nights), they made the first 32 bit system (sega 32X), they made the first console with 128 bit graphics and internet capability, and a memory card with a visual display that could have games on it! (Sega Dreamcast), they were also the first company to create a motion sensor for their console and games to go with it, though I forget the name of that one and it wasn't very good tbh... they were also the creators of the real time strategy genre way back when they made the original Dune game. They did a whole lot of stuff to improve gaming for everyone with their revolutionary tech, but never get the respect they deserve.

Nintendo on the other hand are too busy recycling their same crap and selling it at full price claiming it's a 'new game', like NEW Super Mario Bros Wii which is essentially super mario bros 3 with 4-player co-op, and NEW super mario bros wii 2, which is just a repeat of the first game, every zelda game is like the last but with a reskinned world, and they haven't had the brains to realise people actually want new proper Kirby and Starfox games. The reason they won't go third party and release on other media is because, well, people are dumb enough to keep giving them money for their half-baked poorly designed consoles and recycled over-priced games, and as long as people keep giving them money, they'll continue being the console equivalent of activision.

Also it was Sega that revived the console market in Europe, not Nintendo. The Master System dominated the market back in it's release, being cheaper, easier to get hold of (both the console and the games) and more reliable than the NES. Most brits you talk to would proudly admit to having owned a Master System or Mega Drive back in their youth, and spit at the name of Nintendo, which was far more expensive and unpopular. In fact back then there were kids who owned a SNES but would lie to their friends and pretend to have a Mega Drive so they could look cool. To get a real idea of the difference in personality between the two companies, play Hyperdimension Neptunia. Idea Factory capture their attitudes perfectly, Neptune (Sega) being very positive, chirpy, upbeat and happy-go-lucky that likes to experience new things and experiment, whilst Blanc (Nintendo) is very rude, arrogant and tsundere that refuses to stray away from what is familier, a perfect representation of their respective real-life companies. ;)

Sorry I went on a rant there, but I'll always support the underhogs over the fat money-grubbing copyration (you see what I did there? :D) And yes I am a Sega fangirl so I am somewhat biased >.>'

But anyways, Cave bullet hell games should be a must (they were in my list as Rising Star Games since those are the ones that publish them over in europe). If Gundemonium and Exceed can live on Steam, then so should Deathsmiles!

It'd be nice to see some other classics make it onto Steam, like the Castlevania series (not just lords of shadow) or Klonoa, or some of the lesser known japanese developed action games like Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex or Hard Edge. May as well cover all the bases instead of sticking solely to jrpgs.

Was i the only one that was dissapointed when X-Blades 2: Blades Of Time got rid of it's anime appearance for a more realistic design?
Sidst redigeret af Konachibi; 11. apr 2013 kl. 8:20am
Viser 1-15 af 82 kommentarer
< >
Per side: 15 30 50