PropHunt (Hide'n'Seek) - Original
Killspree 2013年7月15日 1時01分
[SOLVED] Prop Rotating?
I got this running great on my dedicated server. I have one request, though. I just want the props to be able to rotate with the movement of the mouse. That way you can make it look like you got knocked over. It did that when I had a Listen server, but it doesn't on my dedicated server. Can you please help me out Kow@lski?
最近の変更はKillspreeが行いました; 2013年7月15日 14時51分
1-14 / 14 のコメントを表示
< >
Killspree 2013年7月15日 1時07分 
and now that I have set up my dedicated server, it doesn't do this on my listen server either. I really enjoyed actng like I got tipped over as a prop. Makes it harder for Hunters to find you
Killspree 2013年7月15日 14時50分 
got it working by just using the workshop files, and not the gamemode files I found on github
ProvenDestroyer 2013年8月31日 15時34分 
Can I ask how you got a Dedicated Server running? I'm a little useless at the moment at figuring these things out
ProvenDestroyer 2013年9月2日 10時33分 
Cheers I shall give that a look
Ryuuji 2013年9月7日 9時10分 
I still can't make it work. For some reason every server I've played on, and even my own listen and dedicated server, wont rotate the prop you're disguised as on the eyes of the hunters. Is there a particular key binding to allow this behavior ? Or simply moving your POV around should be enough ?
Turtle 2013年9月9日 0時01分 
That's odd, I'm using the workshop files for a listen mode server, and rotation isn't working for me.

Can you describe the process in detail?
最近の変更はTurtleが行いました; 2013年9月9日 0時01分
JASKO 2013年9月13日 8時05分 
I also want to know how to rotate. It would be cool if they updated this game with like, normally you move your FOV by moving your mouse without rotating so you can look around without hunters noticing and then when you hold (for example) SHIFT, moving your mouse would also control the rotation of your prop.
Ryuuji 2013年9月13日 9時38分 
I think I know where the error is. I'll see if I can fix the code during this weekend or next week.
Turtle 2013年9月13日 17時37分 
Thanks! But, any chance while fixing it, you can also add hooks for later use as a feature?

It's currently a bug, but whatever it is that's causing this could be used to set and maintain a rotation if you ever want to add that feature.

Plus it's useful for players to be able to lock their rotation so that they can look around without giving themselves away. One of the most fun aspects of prop hunt is giggling at all the silly hunters walking by.
最近の変更はTurtleが行いました; 2013年9月13日 17時37分
Ryuuji 2013年9月14日 0時00分 
Turtle の投稿を引用:
Thanks! But, any chance while fixing it, you can also add hooks for later use as a feature?

It's currently a bug, but whatever it is that's causing this could be used to set and maintain a rotation if you ever want to add that feature.

Plus it's useful for players to be able to lock their rotation so that they can look around without giving themselves away. One of the most fun aspects of prop hunt is giggling at all the silly hunters walking by.

Yeah, this is something a lot of us want added to this gamemode. Maybe clicking shift would rotate your view but not your prop, something like that.

Anyways, I had to travel to my hometown this weekend so I did not have much time to test some changes back at home, but I was able to provide prop rotation to certain degree while doing some testing with a friend, it's kinda bugged and weird at the moment. I'll continue working on this during the week and provide updates to this post :)
Hellsing™ 2月16日 21時47分 
Any updates for this? Problem still persists with the Workshop files.
Angelic3724 7月20日 22時09分 
Hi I was wondering if the code was fixed or finished
Doctor Ragnarok 11月7日 11時55分 
As far as I am aware, props have never had rotation server side. You've always retained the original orientation of the item regardless of your movement client side. I don't believe i've ever seen it advertised that you could or eventually would be able to rotate server side.
1-14 / 14 のコメントを表示
< >
ページ毎: 15 30 50