This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GoD Factory: Wingmen
Lionel_Miller Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:08am
Why 4v4?
I just recentlly watched TB's video of your game at PAX, and I must say it looks really interesting. I'm just curious if there is a reason why you intend to limit the battles to 4v4?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Gheeyom  [developer] Apr 5, 2013 @ 8:58am 
Because with more players it starts to be very chaotic. Also, because we'd rather have tight-knit group and make it possible for friends to constitute a whole team. Most gamers could find three others friends to play with, but trying to find more might be hard.

I know that it sounds very enticing to have like 16 ships doing some epic fight in space, but in reality I've never seen anything to make me believe that would be a fun and tactical experience.

Besides, on a technical standpoint, it's easier to pull off!

Finally, also because we know we're small. If we required more than 8 players per match, we'd need to have a much bigger userbase to make sure you don't end up playing against the same teams over and over.
Napo Apr 7, 2013 @ 4:33pm 
Any posibility of a deathmatch mode? Or some other wierd mode?
Gheeyom  [developer] Apr 7, 2013 @ 7:58pm 
Not at first. We don't want to split the userbase in two modes and risk having one that is underpopulated before making sure we have enough players. Besides, these new modes would drastically increase the development time of the game and we'd like to bring it to players as soon as we can, as long as the experience is polished enough to be deserving of your money.
Epic The Incandescent May 19, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
will there be AI controlled mob waves that move from the carriers to attack? Will the carriers be able to fend off players on their own?
Gheeyom  [developer] May 20, 2013 @ 7:01am 
There will not be AI controlled enemies at launch but we'd like to implement them eventually. Since we'd like to make a single player game also taking place in the GoD Factory universe, we'll be able to reuse some of that code to implement bots in GoD Factory: Wingmen, but that's a long term goal.

The carrier has multiple turrets protecting its weakpoints, but they don't pack a punch as much as other players.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50