This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Game Dev Tycoon
Soul Aug 17, 2013 @ 4:17am
Some "errors" that need to be fixed.
1: what are the benefits of focusing on 1 thing over another?
Example, should i focus on gameplay,graphics,world desgin...or what, what dose each do specificly in relation to the platform,game size and game typ(Rpg,adventure,rts...etc)Tool tips.
2:The reviews are pointless, they don't say what you did wrong or what you did right, either fix it or take it away(At least give us the option to turn them of in the options menu)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
[GoT] Remyoman Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:21am 
The game is about finding the right balance of things for your target audience, platform and topics. You will just have to find out by trial and error and common knowledge to figure most things out.
samkoji Aug 21, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Plus what do RPGs need.? Engine, no. Story, yes. it's on what you think it should be like. millitary/action pump up the gameplay if you feel like it. space/stategy lower the dialogs. it's how you think it should be like in real life you can choose how to devote you're time.

The reviews it's also like in real life. in game there's no better feeling than getting a 10/10 and no worse felling than getting a really low score. Plus it kinda does tell you what you did right or wrong a good score means "If I ever do a sport/sim again this is where i need to slide it" or if you did bad "not sliding it here again".
Last edited by samkoji; Aug 21, 2013 @ 2:41pm
Soul Aug 21, 2013 @ 2:44pm 
If i make a fantasy action rpg, will i be making Dargon age, Dragons dogma,Fable or Zelda?
Extremly diffrent games wouldn't you say?
They need to increase the amount of information given.
Example: You go into gamplay then select controls 5%(Then a tool tip comes that say's(Zork 1)) so the 5% in controls out of the 100% alocated to gameplay becomes Zork 1 styl controls.(Writing)...etc etc
More info and get rid of the end reviews they are not good for anything realy, so make them usefull or take them away please.(At least give us the option to remove them)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50