This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Game Dev Tycoon
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Jul 13, 2013 @ 4:37am
I know the piracy "bug" is only on the pirated versions, but uh hey it would be fun for a challenge.
I'm just saying give people the option to turn piraters on to give the game a bit of a challenge.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Xephral Jul 13, 2013 @ 7:45am 
I like this idea but it should be expanded a little bit before being put into the game.
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Jul 13, 2013 @ 7:57am 
Yea I agree with you. I just think the game needs more of a challenge.
Phantasm Jul 13, 2013 @ 8:25am 
Originally posted by Brock Samson:

haha well... in game dev tycoon and therefore according to the developers, video games of the 'game dev' genre are better quality when delivered in the simulation genre and simulation games are best when they deliver focus on gameplay and one big element of gameplay (even in game dev tycoon) is multiplayer and in game dev tycoon games are measured against a person's score (yours) So.... theoretically multiplayer would be a good way to increase the challenge while delivering a better game haha
Last edited by Phantasm; Jul 13, 2013 @ 8:27am
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Jul 13, 2013 @ 8:33am 
Originally posted by Phantasm:
Originally posted by Brock Samson:

haha well... in game dev tycoon and therefore according to the developers, video games of the 'game dev' genre are better quality when delivered in the simulation genre and simulation games are best when they deliver focus on gameplay and one big element of gameplay (even in game dev tycoon) is multiplayer and in game dev tycoon games are measured against a person's score (yours) So.... theoretically multiplayer would be a good way to increase the challenge while delivering a better game haha

I agree with you too I think anything that could make the game in anyway shape or form more challenging then they should add it unless it's something stupid, but then again I think they should make it an option like when you are starting the game you can check a box that says people will pirate your game in so and so a time and/or you can start with even less than 70K and all kinds of stuff like that.
S-Senpai..? Jul 15, 2013 @ 3:29am 
I honestly think the game should just have a huge list of options to choose from to change the games difficulty. For example you could have random economy crashes and random game booms.
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Jul 15, 2013 @ 3:32am 
Yea.
Kinne Jul 29, 2013 @ 8:19pm 
Definitely want custom setting to change parts of the game
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Jul 29, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Yea me too.
stoobygoo Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:23am 
Originally posted by yreva:
I honestly think the game should just have a huge list of options to choose from to change the games difficulty. For example you could have random economy crashes and random game booms.
That is a great idea. If the developer puts even half of the suggestions in this will be a HUGE game
[rainbow] StormBringer0 Aug 1, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by stoobygoo:
Originally posted by yreva:
That is a great idea. If the developer puts even half of the suggestions in this will be a HUGE game
I hope we make an awesome game out of this :D
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Aug 1, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by UGEsekt0r74:
Originally posted by stoobygoo:
I hope we make an awesome game out of this :D
Yea me too.
Soul Aug 17, 2013 @ 4:19am 
Yeah....I have dowloaded 3 diffrent pirated versions to see this "bug" and i have never seen it.(It's has been taken away by the pirates) yarr
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Aug 17, 2013 @ 8:02am 
if anyone finds the link to the pirates one please give me it I want to try it.
SentientHAL Aug 19, 2013 @ 10:45am 
The point of the Piracy version was to stop pirates completing the game. It would have to be heavily, HEAVILY nerfed before it would be a viable game option. There is actually no way to win the game in the pirated version. Someone could mod it but i doubt anyone would be bothered since it's hard enough as it is.
ScrapTF | Sleepy Kitty~ Aug 19, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Still it would be cool even if they nerf it.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50