This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Assault Android Cactus
Ciel Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:04am
suggestion/comments
got here from TB video, looks amazing from trailers!
digging the neat music, art style, and about gameplay i agree with TB.

my IMHO noob suggestion for further update is, the chara could use a more toned down or filtered colour palette. i know the game need the bright color for readability, but the color palette could use more polish in the cover, opening, etc. and i like the art style, its quite unique nowadays.

and more power ups (stored or picked up power up) ! most important is how the power up feels, for instance when pressing a NOS in an NFS game, it has to got a certain "boost" feel to it, like the whole screen shakes and lights up a bit as the char destroys a whole bunch of robots.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Mezu5's Undeniable Sausage Links Jun 14, 2013 @ 12:52am 
Yeah, I wonder what developing process level are the works on? Are you just waiting to get the game released or still finishing the gameplay coding?
SMishra  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
The gameplay side is quite far along, right now we're focussed on adding additional content (levels, characters/weapons, power ups, unlockables).

I appreciate the feedback in here, I think that the graphical style of the game is in the right place but we are always trying to refine things. A lot of our aesthetics are tied to gameplay mechanics, such as the colour coding on projectiles in the game that indicate they damage just players, enemies, or both.

The feel of the power ups is key just as you said, my favoured example is the boost mechanic in Burnout 2 where you press that button and it feels like a whole new game with the great sound effect / wider fov and motion blur / new music layers coming in. I hope some of our mechanics can give that same game altering sensation :)
Sablicious Aug 22, 2013 @ 8:38am 
(levels, characters/weapons, power ups, unlockables)
Saved me a post! ...almost:
- skins / colour palettes
Last edited by Sablicious; Aug 22, 2013 @ 8:39am
TwirlingFern Aug 30, 2013 @ 8:42am 
Wow this game is intense. It's great.

When running though the campaign levels the same hero got unlocked twice- Starch.
I think it would be better to unlock each level one after another instead of being able to choose any level from the beginning.
It will be great to have achievements in the game too.
It would be neat for a second play though of the levels, but in a slightly different way: more difficult, or you already have more power but the enemies are even harder, or there are more things to dodge, etc.
Another powerup could be shield, or even a shield recharge drop which is not part of the red/blue/yellow set. - it randomly drops from enemies like the small white pellets.
AG Shining Jan 13 @ 6:38am 
melee character? i want to get up close and personal with these bots and a shotgun isn't close enough maybe a scythe or sword weilder?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50