This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Assault Android Cactus
Phoenixstorm May 31, 2013 @ 7:31pm
Co-op
Work the Co-op at release online with Steam Freinds or only Local ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Sycle  [developer] Jun 1, 2013 @ 12:27am 
We are currently targeting local co-op.

I would like to investigate support for online play in the future, particularly if it can use Steamworks, but without passing Greenlight, we have no access to the details, so I don't know if it will even be feasible.
Shievo Jun 8, 2013 @ 8:37am 
I voted yes just for that comment. But i won't buy the game until i can play with my friends from all around the globe. I hope you get it implemented because it will give you a huge increase of buyers.
Agent_Kalim Jun 8, 2013 @ 9:13am 
You really need to look into implementing online co-op. This is a deal maker-or-deal breaker for me, and I suspect for a lot of people as well. :)
Dynomike Jun 8, 2013 @ 9:52am 
Please look in to online. Would be a huge selling factor.
Scearcely Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:06am 
I'll add to the chorus, online co-op moves this from wishlist(buy if i get spare cash) to actually budgeting the purchase in. it would be the killer feature
Newbage Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:39am 
I agree. It is a given that this game looks well crafted, and local co-op is definitely a nice feature that we don't see enough of these days, but it's online co-op (or lack thereof) that will really make or break your sales. Having no online functionaliy would be a dealbreaker for me, whereas online co-op and a discounted 4-pack (or 2-pack, or w/e the max number of ppl per game is) will definitely secure purchases from me and the majority of my group of online gaming buddies. Like the commentor above, I have upvoted, but will not actually buy without functional online co-op -- preferably with a server list, lobby, and direct ip connection system as opposed to a matchmaking system.
keithriver Jun 8, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
Originally posted by Sycle:
We are currently targeting local co-op.

I would like to investigate support for online play in the future, particularly if it can use Steamworks, but without passing Greenlight, we have no access to the details, so I don't know if it will even be feasible.

While agreeing with previous comments, i'll have to admit - that is really great attitude for developer. I would gladly buy the game just because you're being nice and positive, rather than i-don't-care-what-you-want kind of guy. Cheers.
William Travis Jun 10, 2013 @ 6:04am 
Will purchase the game, but seeing how most of the people I play w/, live in Australia, and I live in America, won't see any co opt action unless you preform some type of online function, so I definately vote for online co opt if we're taking polls.
Pullahoko Jun 10, 2013 @ 9:01am 
See if you can contact Valve to get some details at least, because online co-op is a HUGE deal for a lot of game players.
The Lost Sentinel Jun 11, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
Like I commented beforehand on the main page, online co-op would practically just say my money is in your hands. I would want to play with my friends online, even if it's just a LAN connection.
Flaxicon Jun 11, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
If multiplayer coop isn't feasable please try to add friend highscores
SMishra  [developer] Jun 11, 2013 @ 8:57pm 
We are definitely planning friends list targeted high scores, part of that goal is being on a platform like Steam which has a lot of infrastructure in place for friends list so we need your support!

Games like Geometry Wars 2 and Shatter have fantastic friends based high score systems and we are very inspired by them :)
Mezu5 Jun 14, 2013 @ 12:50am 
I am going to only play local coop - nothing better than a friend sitting next to you when you both enjoy the game. I just hope you're looking into the coop as a main part of the game, so we'll not be limited (we want ALL lvls on coop!) or annoyed by the lack of balance.
Sycle  [developer] Jun 14, 2013 @ 6:25am 
Haha yeah this is pretty important for us, we felt if we have co-op then we have to support it everywhere. Right now, extra players can just jump in at the character select screen and the levels increase the numbers of enemies and adjust a few other factors to keep the balance in line.

You can progress through the campaign and unlock content regardless of if you are playing by yourself or with others.

We track high scores per level, per number of players, so comparisons are fair.
NoRules Jul 20, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
Seeing how this is Aimed for OS platforms, I's say that an Online Co-Op is a must. As much as I love a good LAN party with friends, it just doesnt happen offen enough (1-2 times a year) .

Besides, For a game like this to "work" in Co-op on a single system you'd need to play it on a TV. 4 guys scrambled around a 22" monitor just isnt the same. Either LAN or Online Co-op is needed if they aim for a OS platform IMHO.

Pref. Online.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 15 30 50