This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Assault Android Cactus
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Sycle  [developer] May 13, 2013 @ 10:52pm
What gamepads would you like to see supported?
Hi everyone! What kind of gamepad would you want to use with Assault Android Cactus?

We use xbox 360 controllers (and they're working across Windows, OS X and Linux now) and will be picking up some Logitech gamepads to test against them as well, but is there anything specific we should be checking against?

The restriction is they need two sticks and two shoulder buttons but if it seems like it should work with Cactus, we'd really like it if it did. :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Tak! May 20, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
PS3 gamepad, please!
SMishra  [developer] May 20, 2013 @ 5:12pm 
Hey Tak! We have tested the PS3 pads using xinput wrapper and MotionJoy and they are definitely working :)
Phoenixstorm May 31, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
PS3 Gamepad is god but my Favorite is the the 360 Gamepad ;D
Armithaig Jun 7, 2013 @ 1:23am 
I use an old PS2 controller I modified to use USB, the drivers use the old DirectInput API as do most other general (non-360) controllers. Though there is an external wrapper that translates DirectInput -> XInput already by the name of x360ce.
It's not without its faults however and may not work with your game, yet.
最高猫ニャ Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Definately PS3, and 360. But don't forget some of the official pads like the Logitech ones

Also I'd like to say that I would rather use my M&KB. So please please PLEASE make keys rebindable... I'm a lefty WASD is not easy for me to use
Last edited by 最高猫ニャ; Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:23am
Clueless Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:46am 
I'd like to second the request for rebindable keys. I use a non-english keyboard layout, WASD would be really awkward.
Snuggles Jun 8, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
same here! again for rebindable keys, I live in Belgium and WASD is impossible to use for me
SRRL TAHROX Jun 9, 2013 @ 3:55am 
Logitech Dual Action, not only because I have one, but it's one of the most dominant old controllers.
Sycle  [developer] Jun 9, 2013 @ 7:10pm 
Sky Spider Girl, Clueless, Marquis Malous III of Leuven - definitely! It's one of those features that slipped my mind, but now that it's been brought up, I will be reworking the input manager to support this.

I'm hoping I can make the default scheme as sensible as possible but I agree that it's no replacement for being able to set the keys the way you want.

Armithaig, (CBG) tahrox - haha, I was hoping I might be able to get away without supporting DirectInput on PC, but it may be unavoidable :) I'll look into it, I'd hate to leave the older gamepads out!
最高猫ニャ Jun 10, 2013 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by Sycle:
Sky Spider Girl, Clueless, Marquis Malous III of Leuven - definitely! It's one of those features that slipped my mind, but now that it's been brought up, I will be reworking the input manager to support this.

I'm hoping I can make the default scheme as sensible as possible but I agree that it's no replacement for being able to set the keys the way you want.

Armithaig, (CBG) tahrox - haha, I was hoping I might be able to get away without supporting DirectInput on PC, but it may be unavoidable :) I'll look into it, I'd hate to leave the older gamepads out!

Thank you. This is awesome news!
Armithaig Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
@Sycle Thank you in advance :D, I know personally it's not a particularly advanced thing to implement along with XInput and MSDN has a wealth of information about that specifically if I remember correctly.

But nonetheless if it proves too problematic or you simply cannot find the development time, it's fine, there are ways around it.
Sycle  [developer] Jun 12, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Armithaig - it's not that it's particularly advanced, but XInput only support would have simplified things on PC, and since OS X and Linux handle joypads slightly differently, it's been a real mess maintaining compatibility.

That said, I reworked things to support Logitech Dual Action along side xbox controllers, so if your PS2 adapter can pretend to be a Dual Action it should just work!
Armithaig Jun 12, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
@Sycle Ahah, I feel your pain. I definitely think Microsoft made a poor decision in terms of implementation when they made 360-only drivers the Windows standard. From a business (read: money) perspective, it certainly makes sense, their controllers sell more since they're the only ones guaranteed compatibility.

But I digress, I could ♥♥♥♥ talk Microshaft and their decisions all day but that's neither here nor there, if it supports the Logitech Dual Action I'm fairly certain it will work with my PS2 controller and many others, thank you very much :D.
Last edited by Armithaig; Jun 12, 2013 @ 5:55pm
Mezu5 Jun 14, 2013 @ 12:45am 
I'd just like to play it on the X360s. NOW Can't freaking wait
SmilyContainer Jun 21, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
logitech F710, which should already work through xinput if you guys got the 360 controller working :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 15 30 50