This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Granado Espada
octasteve Jun 2, 2013 @ 2:07pm
I remember playing Sword of the New World...
Is this the same game? Since I had deployments, I lost track of MMOs.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Redbana  [developer] Jun 3, 2013 @ 1:04am 
Yes this is the same game ^_^
octasteve Jun 3, 2013 @ 6:28pm 
Excellent. Thumbs up given.

Will the login be separate from a Steam account, or will it be linked?
azlanfox Jun 16, 2013 @ 8:22pm 
This was a massive grindfest though... 1-100 then Veteran, then another 100 levels to Expert, then another 100 levels to Master. It is insane.
octasteve Jun 16, 2013 @ 8:30pm 
I don't know if the translations got a bit wonked, or if it just seemed normal since everyone around me spoke broken English at the time.
KrackRockSniffin Jul 6, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
Same game, just transferred from GamersFirst to T3Fun/Redbana. Game is pretty much the same, 1- Master 10 is faster. It suffers from poorly translated or proofread patches. Often dialogue is a jumbled mess of incorrect verbs, adjectives, etc. If you liked the whole Afk and level system, you will still like this game. Seems the economy fixes and balances to Korean GE have just been patched over to Granado Espada Online. Last time I logged onto the game and forum (about 2-3 months ago), it was pretty bad. Can't speak for now, and I don't care to find out.
Valentia Aug 3, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
Originally posted by KrackRockSniffin:
It suffers from poorly translated or proofread patches. Often dialogue is a jumbled mess of incorrect verbs, adjectives, etc.

I think they probably just fired all their translators to save money and feed all the translations through Google translate these days. That or they've somehow taken being incompetent to a whole new level =P
Zarathustra Oct 5, 2013 @ 7:18am 
it is the original snw but don't bother playing now unless you want to run zillions of alts to get vis or just spent hundreds of dollars to progress. The economy is broken, the game is broken, the support is broken. Visit the official forum to read about all the faults. It is indeed a sad story, becauser the game concept is unique among the mmo world and of now its going downhill.
octasteve Oct 5, 2013 @ 10:09am 
That's disappointing. Then again, with the amount of hands it's transferred between, it's amazing that it's still alive.
toby7ten Nov 20, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
One of the best MMO's I ever played. I ws there for the European launch and havent touched it since around 2008 and sad to hear it's gone downhill. However that wouldn't affect me as I'd use the 3 character system to automatically grind for me while AFK and get my own item drops myself, so it makes the economy redundant.

Who cares about incorrect English, it's understandable (unless your English is bad) and adds to the charm of the game. I wouldn't make time for a traditional MMO but this makes levelling easy so would definitely play again.
Montiblanc Mar 3 @ 3:10pm 
Originally posted by Zarathustra:
it is the original snw but don't bother playing now unless you want to run zillions of alts to get vis or just spent hundreds of dollars to progress. The economy is broken, the game is broken, the support is broken. Visit the official forum to read about all the faults. It is indeed a sad story, becauser the game concept is unique among the mmo world and of now its going downhill.

no wonder its not greenlit in all this time
Chris The Classic Mar 22 @ 10:23am 
SOTNW was amazing!
I miss it so much.

And i disagree with saying that this is or was a grind fest, i really don't think it is.
I've played a ton of MMO's so i know what real grinding is..

Even if you compare it to other populare F2P MMORPGs like Linage 2, RF Online, Perfect World, Maple Story, Runescape or Archlord, try those before stating that this is a grind game.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50