This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
ShadowHawk Oct 1, 2013 @ 11:24am
Thoughts on Gunz 2 Beta & discussion between Gunz 1 vs 2 elements & more.....
There's many angles and dimensions to arguing this point of Gunz 1 vs Gunz 2 to death. I miss Gunz 1 but I'm excited about gunz 2, for it's pretty much a new game, new skill sets, new uniqueness, yeah it compares to some other games a bit but it still stands alone. Unless you've been playing this game for awhile in Korea a lot of you are making such strong conclusions about a game that hasn't been officially released yet. There's still more weapons to be introduced, lag issues, classes, male/female chars, higher levels, etc, etc. I was negative about the game at first then I stopped comparing the game to gunz 1 and just enjoyed the beta. I tried every class and got proficient with all of them. Yeah there's some over powered elements to each class but I learned to just except it for what it is. As I played more and more gunz 2 the movements are different but you can glide and move a lot faster than some people are saying. People were asking me how I flew around so fast, it's timing and learning how the mechanics work. I think it's hilarious and quite sad that people complained so much about glitches in the first game that in the second all I hear about is what glitches they can find, how they're exploiting and bragging about glitches in this game, gunz 2, like it's some popularity contest and then trying to fight players based on glitches, i Understand from a beta testing stand point you want to point stuff out but people making videos and showing others how to exploit for fun is kind of ridiculous. However, in that being said and in regards to k-style being an unplanned glitch if true or not, so what! That is what made gunz one unique but it didn't define it. I swear, a lot of the people who complained about k-style are those types that either just didn't have the patience and skill to hang with the others, they didn't want to put in the practice and time to do it and to be honest you didn't have to be good at kstyle, you could still beat so called pros without it, yes I did learn some elements of k-style, at times I spammed rs, butterflied and double butterflied, but I didn't rely on it, I used sprays, dagger, kodachis, rev/pistols, rev/shotty and different combos and what I loved about gunz was that there was no end point, you could keep growing and learning in your game, sometimes you got owned and sometimes you owned, sometimes you were in the zone and sometimes not, there's so many levels of understanding. Whether glitches were planned or not doesn't matter, like someone else said most of these games these days have so called glitches, just because a game grows beyond the sight of a developer doesn't mean it's right or wrong, especially in the gaming world, it's like giving kids a canvas and a paintbrush, use the game and play the game how you can, find your own expression. k-style didn't ruin gunz as much as the negative community did and especially hacks. What's sad is so called pros or experienced know how players would troll and trash new players, go into lower channels and turn new players off from not ever wanting to play again. The learning curve is hard enough without the aforementioned even happening. That's pathetic. Thank god there were some nice players who helped me learn and took the time to show me some things. A lot of new players didn't want to put in the time and just wanted to master a game quickly like Call of Duty or some of those other FPS and TPS games. On the pc and using different mice setups you could dial in so many different styles and ways of playing. I have to admit I got frustrated at times, wanted to quit gunz and did off and on but always came back. I put a lot of time in but it was rewarding and fun. If you think in this new gunz game or the old one all you're going to do is spray and beat people then complain that sword is over powered or to ez to kill people with gunz then you have a rude awakening. Use that sword, learn how to defend and avoid, use your environment to your advantage, get sneaky, think ahead and time your skills, keep evolving and adapting. I hope to see some of you in game. I enjoy making new friends/foes. Walk on. <> Starwalker <> ShadowHawk <> Moondragon <>
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Emonium Oct 1, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
Silent Avenger pure sword mastur race
CAST Jinglar Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by Emonium:
Silent Avenger pure sword mastur race

ohai there
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50