This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Butterdick Jones Sep 30, 2013 @ 8:16pm
My thoughts on GunZ 2 CB2 EU.
Silent Avenger is probably the most played class in CB2, as he probably was in CB1. Why?

3 reasons:
1. Scarf
2. Reverse handling on Katana
3. Only class with a sword.
(Actually there's a 4th reason but it's not a legitimate one.)

Second is Gun Slinger. If classes weren't gender locked and akimbo pistols were added into the game in CB2 I probably would have picked up Gun Slinger as my first class instead.

Last we have Shield Trooper. Now in PvE he's probably god tier there next to Gun Slinger. I've seen them wreck anything that comes into their line of sight. But in PvP... He's too strong in one area and too weak in others. And some areas where he is weak: he is simply too weak. His weapons don't have a big ammo supply which is a surprise because of how big he is and how big his guns are, his defensive stats aren't all that great for a tank playstyle Shield Trooper promotes, and the spread of his weapon is ridiculous. In PvP, the only Shield Troopers I see are bullet fodder or death machines. He has a very bi-polar balance of power.

So here's PvP in a nutshell.

Excluding lag and a few bugs and stat issues, it's the best PvP I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Combat feels a ton more open ended than the original GunZ, animations are smooth and fluid, Z gauge skills are fun (even if they are a bit too strong in most cases), and ammo, health, and armor pick-ups are a ton more reasonable than GunZ.

Here's PvE in a nutshell.

Think Dynasty Warriors with more style and funny dialogue. My only gripe with PvE is how enemies spawn. Dynamic spawns are non-existent so everything about enemy positions are predictable, if not blatantly clear. On the plus side, the level design is interesting and really has this industrial metal feel combined with a bit of steam-punk. Really well-done in visuals, but could use less linearity.

So that's all I have to say.

Edit: Oops, I forgot maneuverability.

So here's what I think of it:

It's in need of work to be honest. The dash sounds are too raspy. By that I mean they're too loud and very... not subtle. It's a distraction to me anyway. Wall-running feels a bit wonky at times. Collision detection needs a lot of work on basically every map. Sprinting is a very nice addition to maneuvering around, especially on Silent Avenger because it makes him actually look and feel like a ninja (his animation is a ninja sprint). Sword hanging is also in need of collision detection fixes too. On some walls it won't even stick. Lastly there's controls. Mobility is easy to learn and takes skill to know when to use a certain maneuver. The controls are very responsive even under laggy conditions, so that's a huge plus. It's like the original Ninja Gaiden's controls (at least I thought those were very responsive...).

Last edited by Butterdick Jones; Sep 30, 2013 @ 8:23pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
JinNJuice Sep 30, 2013 @ 8:25pm 
He actually switches grip style with his katana constantly when he attacks. Starts with reverse grip, goes into double grip, then does forward grip, can't even tell which form sometimes! He's that much of a pro, when it comes to katana mastery.

Also, the AI for some NPCs in PvE were somewhat lazy in design, but still awesome to play through.
Butterdick Jones Sep 30, 2013 @ 8:49pm 
Originally posted by JinNJuice:
He actually switches grip style with his katana constantly when he attacks. Starts with reverse grip, goes into double grip, then does forward grip, can't even tell which form sometimes! He's that much of a pro, when it comes to katana mastery.

Also, the AI for some NPCs in PvE were somewhat lazy in design, but still awesome to play through.
Yeah, I can agree with the AI. But I also think that the AI is limited to the enemy type. Another downside is the gunner's tendency to want to walk 40 meters towards you just so they can hit you with a melee attack. Bosses tend to over-telegraph their attacks too.
Emonium Sep 30, 2013 @ 9:47pm 
My thoughts: This game is hilarious. Aerial forward slash dash cancelling fast as ♥♥♥♥ towards people hopelessly trying to shoot me down before the second I stun lock the ♥♥♥♥ out of them, then proceeding to destroy everyone else the same way. Oh man, I could barely sit still and play without going ape♥♥♥♥ with laughther and getting myself killed. Guns are nothing against my silent avenger, it's just funny when they try yknow :D
And lol, then they try to sword me. That's when they really get ♥♥♥♥ed.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50