This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
r[a]t Sep 16, 2013 @ 8:46pm
is gunz 2 require more skills compared to gunz 1?
or is it easier game? also, send me beta codes i'm a veteran from gunz 1 and will try again this game.

thanks
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Cotillion Sep 16, 2013 @ 8:53pm 
You might want to take a look at the old gunzfactor forums, or the fan made gunz2 group on steam. There are a few giveaways for the beta.

As for the game, for an EU release, there are a lot of South Americans. Almost feel like I'm fighting against Malaysian players torrenting adult videos. No hackers as of yet, but it seems to be spray and pray but with no aim falloff and limited textures to use for wall bouncing.

Wall running is faster than walking and a dash is only as long as your regular stride and has a delay when ending the dash. So dashing is more for evasion, not for general movement. The wall climbing is just short bursts of holding jump up a wall and the jumping mechanic is wonkey at best. The terrains are not very suitable for control and all you do is continuously run around so you don't get pegged by gunslingers.

Does it require more skills than Gunz? No. Does it have some promise to be decent? Perhaps. I am not at all impressed with the current state of the game, but as it is a closed beta (for a region release <.<), I'll give them a slight benefit of a doubt.
Conphucious Sep 17, 2013 @ 2:44am 
Originally posted by Cotillion:
You might want to take a look at the old gunzfactor forums, or the fan made gunz2 group on steam. There are a few giveaways for the beta.

As for the game, for an EU release, there are a lot of South Americans. Almost feel like I'm fighting against Malaysian players torrenting adult videos. No hackers as of yet, but it seems to be spray and pray but with no aim falloff and limited textures to use for wall bouncing.

Wall running is faster than walking and a dash is only as long as your regular stride and has a delay when ending the dash. So dashing is more for evasion, not for general movement. The wall climbing is just short bursts of holding jump up a wall and the jumping mechanic is wonkey at best. The terrains are not very suitable for control and all you do is continuously run around so you don't get pegged by gunslingers.

Does it require more skills than Gunz? No. Does it have some promise to be decent? Perhaps. I am not at all impressed with the current state of the game, but as it is a closed beta (for a region release <.<), I'll give them a slight benefit of a doubt.
Wtf? How do you feel you're fighting against Malaysian players who torrent adult videos? Cause definitely, there's a feeling for that -_-... And what are you suppose to do if you're playing guns? Just stand there? Of course you're suppose to run around. You'd do horrible in a gun fight. I think the game is viable but slight balance issues and all those annoying "Kstyle" people keep complaining.
[Mx]Salluz Sep 17, 2013 @ 9:40am 
i agree with you. that ♥♥♥♥ of the host is annoying
Cotillion Sep 17, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
@Adrammelech,

If you ever fought Malaysian players in the first Gunz (back when all they had was shoddy dial-up) then you would actually know what I mean. I'm not against them, hell they even admit how bad their internet was. When you are trying to shoot someone and they GLITCH THROUGH THE FREAKING WALL and dissappear and return as if someone unplugged their router (just every two seconds), then tell me if it isn't important. When it occurs like that, it is either the host is making the client connections horrid, or the status of the servers. When they do that, leading doesn't even become a factor.

Also, it is no longer skill if a player only jumps around like a madman on textures and modules that make it unclear where the hell you end up. Trying to shoot while wall running is questionable at best. At that point there is no point of aiming as you just shoot wildly hoping you get a hit detection. I'm not saying it is hard to hit them, but that is how you end up trying to dodge laggers with swords. You cant really fight back in the current mechanics, and though I loathe to say it, the game has as much polish as S4League. The premise is viable, but the current mechanics is definitely wanting.

I am not even asking for a return to the previous game, I just want a playable game with decent features and mechanic. So far, Gunz2 has a lot to work toward.
Last edited by Cotillion; Sep 17, 2013 @ 3:08pm
JinNJuice Sep 17, 2013 @ 5:12pm 
I wouldn't call anything official just yet. We beta testers are still testing and providing feedback and suggestions, and then we see if MAIET makes any changes and how those changes will affect the game.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50