Dieses Spiel ist jetzt auf Steam erhältlich!

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe, dieses Spiel zum Vertrieb über Steam zu nominieren. Weitere Informationen und einen Link zur Shopseite finden Sie unten.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Jetman 13. Sep. 2013 um 0:06 Uhr
Why not include a k style game mode?
So I can fully understand maiet not wanting to add k style into gunz 2 for the main gameplay; I mean afterall, who really wants to spend hours a day trying to master one move just to be able to compete with other players. However, that aside, I don't see why maiet couldn't include a classic mode that implements k style in it.
Beiträge 1-15 von 198
< >
Cotillion 13. Sep. 2013 um 0:37 Uhr 
I wouldn't really think it to be too plausible. If you just consider coding in and of itself, the original .mrs files were easily hackable and is very old by itself. K-style and the game mechanics were actually a complete mistake that neded up being the core of the game. To add this to the new game, they would have to recode the entire old gunz system from scratch to have it fit in properly with the new Gunz2 system, while also removing the liable holes in the old coding.

In addition, gunz2 may just be coming out here, but the game is actually quite old in South Korean standards. To make so much effort to please one region in a release of a game that is almost past its prime, would be a tad much to ask of the developers.

So the only hope we can have for the reintroduction of this would be waiting for Maiet's next edition of Gunz.
Jetman 13. Sep. 2013 um 2:08 Uhr 
I wouldn't call k style a mistake. They had to add in slash cancellations didn't they, which was what allowed k style to exist in the first place. It would be a little difficult sure, but they could probably do it within a month. The old alpha build had limited k style anyways...
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Jetman; 13. Sep. 2013 um 2:10 Uhr
Cotillion 13. Sep. 2013 um 2:43 Uhr 
Jet, the Maiet developers actually called it a mistake themselves. The form of gameplay we called k-style was nothing that they actually envisioned when they first made it. What came after was the freak of nature we know of today. Don't believe me? Ask them yourself, one of the devs said the exact same thing on a different topic.

Heck, when the military discovered microwave radiation, they never thought of it as a good way to make TV diners (and half the fast food we buy). It just ended up that way.

Also, they purposely made the new game the way it is now in an attempt to streamline gameplay so that anyone could play on equal grounds. Honestly, that is the one thing I dislike most about recent games, but I can understand why Maiet chose to do it that way.

As for do it within a month? Aside from the coding, that would involve a lot of extra testing and would actually push back the release date by a good margin.
Jetman 13. Sep. 2013 um 4:04 Uhr 
Well, if venister didn't remove his response to me on the maiet blog he insists they added slash cancellations on purpose. They might not have planned on k style introducing as many bugs as it did, but they still included the ability to cancel your slashes with blocks and weapon switches.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Jetman; 13. Sep. 2013 um 4:04 Uhr
JinNJuice 13. Sep. 2013 um 6:40 Uhr 
GunZ 1.6, you want? COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6 OR NOTHING!

Anyways, there would be a serious segregation problem with "implementing" a "style" that has been adjusted by thousands of players according to personal preferences. Why not just try to master the new mechanics?
Jetman 13. Sep. 2013 um 7:34 Uhr 
I've already toyed around with them, and my problem with the new mechanics is they're just too darn slow lol. it's more like s4league instead of gunz imo.
LeonardoW 13. Sep. 2013 um 8:25 Uhr 
No.
JinNJuice 13. Sep. 2013 um 11:08 Uhr 
Have you, really now? To what extent, if I may ask?
Red Dress 13. Sep. 2013 um 19:42 Uhr 
This would be difficult because Kstyle was the canceling of animations and exploiting the glitchy mechanics of the game. Unless they made a mode that redid all of the mechanics of their game for one mode, then there is no way in hell they would even consider doing that must work for select minority that enjoyed the previous gameplay.
Jetman 14. Sep. 2013 um 11:21 Uhr 
To the extent that i could dbf and found a few glitches jinnjuice. one glitch in the alpha was the ability to cancel your air slash by timing it in accordance with your landing, thus allowing you to perform another slash at twice the normal speed. walking also would cancel a groundslash. and jake, what would make it so difficult? all maiet wold have to do would be to make the game mode pull open a second set of animation that are set to allow cancelling.
Red Dress 14. Sep. 2013 um 16:48 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Jetman:
To the extent that i could dbf and found a few glitches jinnjuice. one glitch in the alpha was the ability to cancel your air slash by timing it in accordance with your landing, thus allowing you to perform another slash at twice the normal speed. walking also would cancel a groundslash. and jake, what would make it so difficult? all maiet wold have to do would be to make the game mode pull open a second set of animation that are set to allow cancelling.

Hmm, I worded that wrong. It wouldn't be difficult in creating it, but the fact is that MAIET already has to refine, develope, and maintain existing mechanics and gameplay. Adding another mode that needs to be coded (or uncoded) is still a lot of work and is unnecessary when you already have a multitude of more important things to do.
Jetman 14. Sep. 2013 um 17:44 Uhr 
It'd be a lot of work but it's not like they have to have at launch.
Ryou 15. Sep. 2013 um 8:51 Uhr 
I've already toyed around with them, and my problem with the new mechanics is they're just too darn slow lol. it's more like s4league instead of gunz imo.

They're really not, and comparing S4 League to Gunz 2 is a bit unfair. The thing with Gunz 2 is that it has a different learning curve than the first game had. In the second, if you want proper mobility, you have to learn every nook and cranny of the map (See JinNJuice's Trailblazer video, then press buttons faster).

I agree in some aspects it's slower, but comparing it to S4 League is low and in terms of skill, Gunz 2 is much harder than people think, the issue is ignorance. Everyone thinks they've figured everything out (See: Reload cancelling with grenade launcher).
JinNJuice 15. Sep. 2013 um 10:17 Uhr 
Hooray, so you found some basic control mechanics with melee. Have you found any "glitches" with other things such as with the grenade launcher, sniper rifle, minigun, etc. or with the core controls of movement on dashes, jumps, and walls?

Oh, you said alpha version. I'll have to discredit you on most of your "discoveries" then.
[Mx]Salluz 15. Sep. 2013 um 13:27 Uhr 
i really dunt wanna k style in this game i just wanna play a new game.. gunz 1 is dead get over it and enjoy this. i just say that this gunz need to improve the dash movements and freedom to move around the pillars, walls, and air. you cannot cancel a wall climb in the exact direcction you want, thats annoying.
Beiträge 1-15 von 198
< >
Pro Seite: 15 30 50