This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
[HoT]DerpWaffle Sep 4, 2013 @ 11:03pm
Bravo Sir...
You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir. Bravo! I was looking through my harddrive, and saw an icon for Gunz and remembered the fantastic times that were had by all. Alas, it seems they took down the servers. Huzzah, a sequel! Alas, no kstyling or advanced movement tactics. :'( I'm sure everyone has already ♥♥♥♥♥ed the ♥♥♥♥ out about this, but I'd like to point out the devs have been very narrow and ambiguous when they talk about its removal.

Kstyling does not have to be fully implemented to give back the Gunz feel. Being able to cancel or dash around by using difficult key combos was the only reason I was actually looking to reinstall/play after like 10 years. That could be reimplemented with a cancel or chain mechanic without making it insane on the levels of half half step, or duel shotgun spam.

Unfortunately due to human nature I'm sure this post will be swept aside by INB4 won't play the game unless you give us Kstyle and stfu no one cares because Kstylers are the minority. I encourage you in the name of science to take away the thing that made Gunz the duel what it was. It wasn't a good game because the devs made it that way, the game was good because of a flaw with the way actions chained when cancelled. However, take it away and its still not a total loss, I'm anxious to see what happens to the old fanbase that have been awaiting this game for years.

(P.S you can already play Gunz the 2nd Duel minus Kstyling, it's called Archeblade and it's free)
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
LethalAffliction Sep 5, 2013 @ 1:02am 
I personally just liked the feeling of "flying" butterflying along the walls. The other stuff was abused like half step, double butterfly, etc. Haven't been able to play gunz 2 but we will see how it goes.
LeonardoW Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:54am 
Sorry man, they will not change their minds. There will be no K-Style in GunZ 2 and it will never be implemented. Just play GunZ 1. A long time ago K-Style was patched and guys like you got butthurt because you knew your asses would get beat by balancing. Then it came back due to constant b*tching. I hope they don't do the same mistake again.
JinNJuice Sep 5, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
Did you come from Archeblade just to say this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥? I played Archeblade for a little while. It's a potential gone bad. Also, I know of the clan you're in. They're not good. Trust me.

Anyways, the purpose of GunZ is to allow players to perform action movie techniques in an online multiplayer environment. Abusive game mechanics are not required for that.
[HoT]DerpWaffle Sep 7, 2013 @ 12:56am 
Originally posted by JinNJuice:
Did you come from Archeblade just to say this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥? I played Archeblade for a little while. It's a potential gone bad. Also, I know of the clan you're in. They're not good. Trust me.

Anyways, the purpose of GunZ is to allow players to perform action movie techniques in an online multiplayer environment. Abusive game mechanics are not required for that.

Between you and me I quit but kept the clan tag to troll them, they message me everyday to tell me to remove it!

Originally posted by LeonardoW:
Sorry man, they will not change their minds. There will be no K-Style in GunZ 2 and it will never be implemented. Just play GunZ 1. A long time ago K-Style was patched and guys like you got butthurt because you knew your asses would get beat by balancing. Then it came back due to constant b*tching. I hope they don't do the same mistake again.

The exploited stuff like insta kill/hhs was overused and annoying, but being able to fly around the map was so exhilerating! Oh well, good old days. And yeah it would be nice to play some Gunz1 but the main servers are down and I don't feel like finding another private server.
JinNJuice Sep 8, 2013 @ 8:23am 
If it makes you feel better, I have some footage on the latest beta.
ReD * Ex5 Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:04pm 
fgunz is the only private server that is popular thats the one i play if i felt like playing it anytime its always active 500+ never really seen anything below that. just waiting for gunz2 which probably be another year :/
LeonardoW Sep 9, 2013 @ 9:39am 
Originally posted by Pianotamer:
The exploited stuff like insta kill/hhs was overused and annoying, but being able to fly around the map was so exhilerating! Oh well, good old days. And yeah it would be nice to play some Gunz1 but the main servers are down and I don't feel like finding another private server.
Only two servers remain, the South American and Korean, The only hope i have is that MAIET releases a second international server on Steam.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50