This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
OxNEOxO Dec 2, 2013 @ 4:55pm
Regarding to K-style
Im for one am glad that k-style is gone because now a bigger community can grow due to the fact that k-style is a hard skill to master (mostly muscle memory) and most new players can not master it in a few days (took me like a week to perfect it) which made the new player not wanting to play the game anymore and the OP p2w gear made it much worse. Here's the the thing, k-style is not really taken away,(mostly the action to perform k-style it is). Watch this video from 2:48 and if you don't really understand it, leave a comment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZjuYqjymmw
Last edited by OxNEOxO; Dec 2, 2013 @ 9:57pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
糸恵 Dec 2, 2013 @ 8:45pm 
just love how he admits k-style was a bug lmao cause that and the p2w items was what brought the whole game down. after k-stylers with their "bug" the game got infested with hackers to beat the k-stylers and p2w item buyers etc. i can already see a repeat. anything that was a "bug" needs to just go all together. there is no "skill: in usuing a "bug" or "glitch" to your advantage to win a game. that's just as bad as "hacking" in my eyes. ps. i "love" quotation marks <3
Richard Dec 2, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
Without kstyle, Gunz would not have lasted nearly as long as it did. I understand their choice not to bring it back though, it's not very newbie friendly.
Ricky Blaze Dec 2, 2013 @ 9:41pm 
Yea, its the k-style and the whole style development that made gunz get popular and branch into something more than the orginial game. Plus was fun to do if you played around with the moves :P
OxNEOxO Dec 2, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
Thats the think! it wasn't noob friendly, and the noobs that just started to play gunz1 didn't enjoy the game due to how hard it was to do k-style and just stoped without giving it a chance since alot of the old player know how to preform it. gunz 2 well... it has some traces of k-stlye but, to me its not really doing k-style do to the fact you only have to push 2 keys to do a similar trace of k-style. The cash items shouldn't be OP/premium stats that can really take advantage of the game but, it should be like skin change to a weapon.
Originally posted by Richard:
Without kstyle, Gunz would not have lasted nearly as long as it did. I understand their choice not to bring it back though, it's not very newbie friendly.
Last edited by OxNEOxO; Dec 2, 2013 @ 9:49pm
thentherewas1 Dec 7, 2013 @ 6:09pm 
Originally posted by Ricky Blaze:
Yea, its the k-style and the whole style development that made gunz get popular and branch into something more than the orginial game. Plus was fun to do if you played around with the moves :P

Yeah cause mashing buttons in a glitchy ♥♥♥ fashion was what made Gunz popular. It's what killed it and what drove people to hack in droves, cause these pack of no life ♥♥♥ clowns figured out some stupid glitchy way to be untouchable. I played Gunz before ijji got their hands on it and loved it before all this k-style garbage ruined it. I seriously hope they purged this trashy way of playing from the game or it's going to die just like the first.
OxNEOxO Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:55pm 
^agree and we can't be living in the past. If you want to play gunz with k-style then google "gunz freestyle" it only has around 200-300+ players.

P.s. Stop whining for k-style to come back or that the game is going to be dead because k-style will be gone, we are not little kids anymore so deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by OxNEOxO; Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:55pm
ShadowHawk Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:57pm 
Or you could just go play COD and just hold one button down and spray all day, sorry the game was too challenging for you.
OxNEOxO Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:58pm 
wth is COD? Never heard of it. P.s. you said the same thing on another thread... can't say anything else?
Originally posted by ShadowHawk:
Or you could just go play COD and just hold one button down and spray all day, sorry the game was too challenging for you.
Last edited by OxNEOxO; Dec 8, 2013 @ 12:10am
Blubber Dec 8, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
Let's see you all cheer when this game lasts just over a year and dies.

There's a reason Gunz The Duel lasted a Decade and had to be shut down before people stopped playing it.

I'll be surprised if the new game breaks 2 years of success with the amount of people who were 5 years old when the first game was in its prime that are trying to direct development.
Last edited by Blubber; Dec 8, 2013 @ 12:20pm
OxNEOxO Dec 8, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
normally online games mostly last on average of 5 years, and since GunZ 2 is a popular game in SK, I'm pretty sure it will last more then 5 years and since their alot of "open minded" people the game will grow its player base very well. P.s. the EU Gunz 2 players seem to be pretty happy how the game is going to be, alot of the Kstyle users don't even mind that the game doesn't have kstyle anymore. You want to why? It's because they are not closed minded idiots.
Originally posted by Blubber:
Let's see you all cheer when this game lasts just over a year and dies.

There's a reason Gunz The Duel lasted a Decade and had to be shut down before people stopped playing it.

I'll be surprised if the new game breaks 2 years of success with the amount of people who were 5 years old when the first game was in its prime that are trying to direct development.
Last edited by OxNEOxO; Dec 8, 2013 @ 1:36pm
ShadowHawk Dec 8, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
A lot of the EU players may not mind Gunz 2 but a lot of them also mentioned the game isn't what they expected, a down grade and shouldn't even be title "Gunz 2". yeah they'll play it still and enjoy it but I agree with the aforementioned. I've played Gunz 2 on and off on various servers for a few months and it's nothing new and exciting. Personally, IMO, it's average, a shame they couldn't come up with something more unique and better, and I'm not talking about having k-style I don't care about that either way. Maybe I won't be as disappointed when it's fully released with additional characters, game modes, weapons, etc.. but it gets boring pretty fast. I feel like the game could've been made in the late 90s. Just my opinion, I'll still play and have some fun but not nearly as addicting and creative in flow and style as Gunz 1. For realz! ;)
OxNEOxO Dec 8, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
A lot of the EU players may not mind Gunz 2 but a lot of them also mentioned the game isn't what they expected, a down grade and shouldn't even be title "Gunz 2". yeah they'll play it still and enjoy it but I agree with the aforementioned. I've played Gunz 2 on and off on various servers for a few months and it's nothing new and exciting. Personally, IMO, it's average, a shame they couldn't come up with something more unique and better, and I'm not talking about having k-style I don't care about that either way. Maybe I won't be as disappointed when it's fully released with additional characters, game modes, weapons, etc.. but it gets boring pretty fast. I feel like the game could've been made in the late 90s. Just my opinion, I'll still play and have some fun but not nearly as addicting and creative in flow and style as Gunz 1. For realz! ;)
That is true but, Its still in the beta phase and when its officially out there will still be some things that alot of us will not like. I personally don't like how slow pace the game is, the melee attacks are way too slow but, the game is still enjoyable. The main thing that I really do like is that the game wont be a p2w but, now we can upgrade most of the gear in a legit way.
ShadowHawk Dec 8, 2013 @ 3:14pm 
Originally posted by OxNEOxO:
That is true but, Its still in the beta phase and when its officially out there will still be some things that alot of us will not like. I personally don't like how slow pace the game is, the melee attacks are way too slow but, the game is still enjoyable. The main thing that I really do like is that the game wont be a p2w but, now we can upgrade most of the gear in a legit way.

Yeah agreed.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50