This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Theren Jan 14 @ 2:51pm
Will there be a U.K Steam version of Gunz 2?
Or will it be region blocked and will I have to make a account for http://gunz2.co.uk/home to play it?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Reimi Saionji Jan 14 @ 3:04pm 
I don't think I ever heard of Steam U.K, have you? Steam is founded in U.S.
Theren Jan 14 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by Shana:
I'll be a bit more specific regarding my question. Will I be able to acess the Steam version of Gunz 2 from the U.K if it ever releases? Oh and I know Steam is founded in the U.S.
Reimi Saionji Jan 14 @ 3:21pm 
I'm pretty sure if you can play other games on steam, then yes.
Mr. Satan Jan 14 @ 4:49pm 
no.. EU already has a publisher.. EU is blocked for GunZ 2 Steam.
beastking Jan 14 @ 4:50pm 
exactly. why would you need steam gunz when you can be playing right now.
Ashzu Jan 15 @ 12:47am 
Originally posted by Navid~نوید:
I'll be a bit more specific regarding my question. Will I be able to acess the Steam version of Gunz 2 from the U.K if it ever releases? Oh and I know Steam is founded in the U.S.
He's playing with you... I hope.

Anyway to answer your question, very unlikely. GunZ 2 in Europe will be separate from the Steam version and iirc there will be an IP block however likewise if you're not European you can't play on the EU version of GunZ 2.
Costanza Jan 15 @ 11:34am 

Please don't try to help people when you have no idea.

First of all, yes Steam is in the UK, it's world wide. Just because Valve is based in Seattle does not mean there's no Steam servers in UK, infact through the steam interface you can select what server you want to use...they have TONS around the world. You should know this.

Secondly no he can not play GunZ 2 on Steam, as stated by Maiet (ON THE GREENLIGHT PAGE none the less), it will only be available on steam to North American players...this is because they've already sold the rights to other companies for other countries.

Steam in each country is different in terms of what games are offered, very similar to Netflix.
Last edited by Costanza; Jan 15 @ 11:35am
Theren Jan 15 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Costanza:

Please don't try to help people when you have no idea.

First of all, yes Steam is in the UK, it's world wide. Just because Valve is based in Seattle does not mean there's no Steam servers in UK, infact through the steam interface you can select what server you want to use...they have TONS around the world. You should know this.

Secondly no he can not play GunZ 2 on Steam, as stated by Maiet (ON THE GREENLIGHT PAGE none the less), it will only be available on steam to North American players...this is because they've already sold the rights to other companies for other countries.

Steam in each country is different in terms of what games are offered, very similar to Netflix.
Thanks Costanza for giving me a definite answer as I was relatively confused about Gunz 2 and I actually didn't notice it on the Greenlight page of Gunz 2 so yeah you can blame me for not reading all of the article xD But Thanks regardless
MonkeyboyGWW Jan 15 @ 12:12pm 
omg i didnt know this. Thank you for the link
There already a United Kingdom server for GunZ 2, just not on steam. add it to your library if it means so much playing it on steam. (Press add a game)
Necroscourge Jan 17 @ 10:59am 
MAET is one of *those* corporations blocked by the "♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Red Tape of Beurocracy", an ancient practice promised by rich people with nothing better to do than tell people what they can't do unless they are paid. They need "licensing" to release their game (For some reason) in various countries as opposed to just having international servers.

Which is going to be awkward if the game flops like G1 did and every other holder of the license.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50