This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
5onic - S4 League Jan 11 @ 12:41am
Dedicated Server - The closest thing to achieving it
** May subject to change, since steam gunz isn't out **

** This is a half ♥♥♥'d guide, will post more when Steam gunz comes out **

1) You can purchase a dedicated server and install steam on it.
2) Run GunZ 2 with a new account and allow the new account to be a spectator as host.
3) Your alternative account player will now be the host, while in spectating.

Why the heck would you want to do this?
A) Anyone wishing to make true competitive events, take note. If you're going to allow NA west vs NA east, you should not allow one side to take the entire host advantage. You can decide where you wish to region your dedicated server, example, Texas and provide a fair game experience.

Does host advantage really make a difference?
A) Yes. If let's say, the best player on gunz 2 would some how mirror match himself but will suffer higher ping, the lower ping is more likely to win.

If this ends up being too pricy, the best solution is to find someone who has amazing internet and make him the host as a spectator.

** I haven't tried this yet, it's a theory and wouldn't mind seeing if it makes a difference **
Last edited by 5onic - S4 League; Jan 11 @ 12:46am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
[Mx]Salluz Jan 12 @ 8:59am 
your right but who is going to be spectator? :c nice theory
Jan 15 @ 5:16am 
It's the broken peer 2 peer system that is the issue and not the host issue 9/10. Pointless. I'm playing Gunz 2 EU over VPN and it adds 1 ms delay to my normal ping and yet I have better pings then 7/10 players and even become a host. Trash coding is a trash coding.
5onic - S4 League Jan 15 @ 10:38am 
Netcoding does suck, no arguement on myside.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50