This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Sureal Dec 28, 2013 @ 12:26pm
Impressions on the Gunz 2 so far.....
So first impressions of playing the game was it was pretty neat. The Log in screen was beautiful and so was the background music. The only thing that was a disappointment was that you were only allowed to create one character that was permanent and the others you would have to buy, which would range from 7-30 days. The new interface had normal/auto match making tabs and a custom game tab which was pretty cool and it's much simpler than the old Gunz 1 client. The Game play of the game was very very disappointing being a Gunz veteran myself. The feel of the game play is 110% different from the feel you get from Gunz 1. Here is a few things i found to be a back breaker.

1. Dashing is very slow and since there is no more slash jump, Climbing walls is a pain to do

2. If let say a silent avenger was like 15 feet away from you and you think he can't slash you HE CAN. The visual perceptions need to be worked on.

3.Unable to Stop Knockdowns which 100% guaranteed kills. Which means you can just spam your sword 5 times and shoot them on the ground.

4. Class were unbalanced. ( Silent Avenger is op so pick it when the beta comes out)

If i had to make a comparison to other games i have to say it would be similar
S4 League because the feel of the game feels very similar to it. Not because it is the only TPS game out there that similar to Gunz LOL. Or it can be TPS version of Elsword xD.

In conclusion i believe in my opinion Maiet has pulled a " Evolution of Combat" for those who know what i mean xD. But it was a fun game, graphics are good the new weapons are cool too but, its not the Gunz i know. I am writing this not to discourage you from this game but to have a idea of what to expect when you finally get to play the beta, so you are not that disappointed like i was. Who knows you might enjoy this everyone is different right?

So if you have any questions just hit me up!

Note: If Maiet were to add K style back into the game with theses new graphics and such. This game would be the next big thing. IMO

Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
ShadowHawk Dec 28, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Well said, I mostly agree with your statements, I'd say all the classes are OP in they're own way depending on the map and situation you're playing in. There's also 4th class called ShadowDancer, you can try out on the HongKong/Taiwan server.
Sureal Dec 28, 2013 @ 2:27pm 
Originally posted by ShadowHawk:
Well said, I mostly agree with your statements, I'd say all the classes are OP in they're own way depending on the map and situation you're playing in. There's also 4th class called ShadowDancer, you can try out on the HongKong/Taiwan server.

Hey i did try it out it is pretty died the server tho Haha. I don't know man i was actually excited for the game released, but not as much anymore. I don't really like how there is no carry potential anymore and the skill level went significantly down, Now its all spray and pray. And i personally think that they took the whole we don't want glitching thing too far cause the delay on switching weapons its to high.
OxNEOxO Dec 28, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
I agree that the game its self is too slow and isn't a fast pace kinda game (which it should be). The K-style shouldn't be implanted because alot of new players couldn't master the muscle memory which will lead to alot of thing that I don't want to say... (even though I know how to do k-style) In the end though, the game will get better over time, since its still in beta and I'm pretty sure they will be the game in a more fast pace.
Sureal Dec 28, 2013 @ 3:01pm 
Originally posted by OxNEOxO:
I agree that the game its self is too slow and isn't a fast pace kinda game (which it should be). The K-style shouldn't be implanted because a lot of new players couldn't master the muscle memory which will lead to a lot of thing that I don't want to say... (even though I know how to do k-style) In the end though, the game will get better over time, since its still in beta and I'm pretty sure they will be the game in a more fast pace.

I agree but the thing is they took out every component of K style even the moves that were less essential like slash climbing which IMO is something they should re add into the game. I believe K style really defined pros from newbie players. I know Maiet tried to make the game more balanced so that everyone was on a fair playing field, but in a way they unbalanced it because for those who want to be better at the game can't due to the new mechanic system. Now its all about spray and pray IMO. The thing about K style was about practice practice practice and i felt joy learning theses new things not just holding down my left click on my mouse and spraying all the time.

Note: Gunz 2 gave me more wrist pain than Gunz 1 LOL
Ryou Dec 29, 2013 @ 4:44am 
Err, how long have you even played the game? There's a lot of uhm....wrong information.

Wall climbing/wall running is almost perfect, you just suck at it. Like you once sucked at k-style, stop sounding like you've figured the game out already.

SA is not OP. GS is not OP. Heavy is not OP. Every class has their own perks which makes them really strong.

You can parry in the game which avoids melee. Only thing i'll say is it feels buggy (doesn't seem to work sometimes) but most of the time it's fine.

The dashing isn't even horrible. But you can't rely on dashing alone. If you want to go faster you have to chain jumps and if you want to go even faster you have to chain slashes.

There's so much in the game that you're unaware of. But hey when you started the first Gunz you instantly knew everything about k-style right? We're just all professionals now it doesn't even matter.
ShadowHawk Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:14am 
I've played a lot of Gunz 2 and I agree there's more to learn but I started playing Gunz 1 again on Gunz Ultra and even thought it's a South American server with it's own lag for me, I have so much more fun then gunz 2. The flow and mechanics and freedom of Gunz 1 is much more appetizing, IMO, I'll give Gunz 2 an honest shot when it officially comes out in NA, I think one main dividing factor for me is how much you can do with your sword in Gunz 1 vs Gunz 2, I'm not talking just about k-style, not sure how to explain it properly, I just feel more free and expressive in my play/movements.
Last edited by ShadowHawk; Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:15am
Ryou Dec 29, 2013 @ 10:43am 
I think the place where I lose interest in the game is not the gameplay but the combination of bugs, low playerbase and lack of content.

I could play auto match all day with a group of people if I could find a game in 30 seconds rather than 10 minutes.
ShadowHawk Dec 29, 2013 @ 12:58pm 
Originally posted by Ryou:
I think the place where I lose interest in the game is not the gameplay but the combination of bugs, low playerbase and lack of content.

I could play auto match all day with a group of people if I could find a game in 30 seconds rather than 10 minutes.

Yeah. I think once it's released in NA there will be a strong player base, I mean fully released after any betas and what not. I'm assuming NA won't be region blocked but It could be of course. Hopefully, we'll see... for me even if a game isn't the best ever what makes it great is if it's active and there's lots of people to play with/against, different modes etc.... :)
Pulser Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:47pm 
Gunz = Nice !
Ryou Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
Originally posted by Ryou:

Yeah. I think once it's released in NA there will be a strong player base, I mean fully released after any betas and what not. I'm assuming NA won't be region blocked but It could be of course. Hopefully, we'll see... for me even if a game isn't the best ever what makes it great is if it's active and there's lots of people to play with/against, different modes etc.... :)

I think it's supposed to be region locked, but if it's available for everyone to download (even if temporarily) it'll act as marketing. So will the upcoming Kingz of Beta tourney (very creative name). Just anything for the playerbase to increase.
Costanza Dec 29, 2013 @ 3:48pm 

If all classes are "OP in their own way" that means they're not OP more so that the game runs on a rock-paper-scissors balancing style.
ShadowHawk Dec 29, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
Yeah I guess so...
Ryou Dec 29, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Originally posted by Costanza:

If all classes are "OP in their own way" that means they're not OP more so that the game runs on a rock-paper-scissors balancing style.

"OP in their own way" in the sense that you could complain that every class has a strong feat. It doesn't necessarily make them OP, it just means that everyone can shout "OMG GUNSLINGER IS OP PLEASE NERF" without actually looking at the other classes.

The game is also centered around 4v4's not 1v1's. So even if it is rock paper scissor based, you can't rule out the other people in the team. For instsance, SA's melee stronger than GS', but the SA might get 2v1'd or he may be out of position and sprayed down. Whatever, there's different situations is the point.

E: And I personally don't even think there's a rock, paper scissors balancing. To some extent, sure. But you can beat anyone with any class if you play it well.
Last edited by Ryou; Dec 29, 2013 @ 5:03pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50