This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
ShadowHawk Dec 15, 2013 @ 8:26pm
MAIET announced update on Gunz 2 Steam
MAIET entertainment, Inc.
Hello all,
Here's an update on GunZ 2 Steam version as many of you asked about. We were planning to launch the early access program in this December, but we are now looking at early 2014. During our beta test in EU, we found that the current server/host system is causing lag issue for many players. We've decided to improve the host system first since it would directly affect Steam version, too. We will be finalizing Steam integration within the next 4-8 weeks and start the early access program on Steam.
We'll be back with more news regarding GunZ 2 soon.
Happy holidays!
Unlike · · Share · 2883 · about an hour ago · 12/15/2013
https://www.facebook.com/maietgames
Last edited by ShadowHawk; Dec 15, 2013 @ 8:27pm
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
ShadowHawk Dec 15, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
Ah.. just as I thought, even though a lot of us are impatient about EU getting Gunz 2 before us think of them as the "test dummies" (no offense) so when they finally launch the game here at Steam they'll hopefully have most of the issues, like host lag resolved.
DC Dec 15, 2013 @ 8:47pm 
wow :| well hopefully there will be good news to come in the new year! :D
OxNEOxO Dec 15, 2013 @ 8:52pm 
Can't help the feeling that most players that are not in the EU region are messing up most of the gameplay with lag due to bypassing the region block, in the end we'll get our CB/OB soon... still want the founders package!!! >.<"
糸恵 Dec 16, 2013 @ 4:37am 
like i called it blame the idiot americans who aren't patient and had to use the VPN (tricking the systme to think your from eu) just to play in the EU servers. no brainer why the lag issues are there like i said all you do is create more work for the dev's because YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THOSE SERVERS blame yourselves thinking you were so cool playing in a region you shouldn't have etc got what you deserved honestly your impatience is what led to all this. if you just let EU test out EU with EU players etc i bet they'd have things alot more resolved instead you have people comming in from places they shouldn't be comming in from etc and THAt is why you have such lag issues and a delay now in the game. CONGRATS STUPID AMERICANS AND YOUR IMPATIENCE ruin the game experience more for everyone else just because you can't wait and think your special zzzzzz impatient people annoy me they really do <3 (and sorry if it comes off mean but there was really no need for you people to do all that stuff you had no right to be in the EU beta and you filled it up with pings etc from regions that weren't supposed to be there etc and now you have this no one to blame but yourselves)
Rainy Dec 16, 2013 @ 9:37am 
Originally posted by 糸恵:
like i called it blame the idiot americans who aren't patient and had to use the VPN (tricking the systme to think your from eu) just to play in the EU servers. no brainer why the lag issues are there like i said all you do is create more work for the dev's because YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THOSE SERVERS blame yourselves thinking you were so cool playing in a region you shouldn't have etc got what you deserved honestly your impatience is what led to all this. if you just let EU test out EU with EU players etc i bet they'd have things alot more resolved instead you have people comming in from places they shouldn't be comming in from etc and THAt is why you have such lag issues and a delay now in the game. CONGRATS STUPID AMERICANS AND YOUR IMPATIENCE ruin the game experience more for everyone else just because you can't wait and think your special zzzzzz impatient people annoy me they really do <3 (and sorry if it comes off mean but there was really no need for you people to do all that stuff you had no right to be in the EU beta and you filled it up with pings etc from regions that weren't supposed to be there etc and now you have this no one to blame but yourselves)
I got into the EU Beta before they ip blocked it even the people from Europe were complaining about lag issues it was just completely awful for people overseas obviously however, they plan to have US,CANADA,& AUSTRAILIA Play on steam together. So.. they need to fix this issue for sure I for one who would rather have them keep making tweeks to the game so when it comes out it doesn't suck complete ♥♥♥ like EU beta did
Ashzu Dec 16, 2013 @ 7:48pm 
Originally posted by 糸恵:
it's always cute when someone from japan starts ♥♥♥♥ posting on a primarily english board and starts blaming Americans.
ShadowHawk Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
MAIET Entertainment Yiannis John Cefalas What we're preparing is a beta on Steam to test if the game is properly integrated with Steam. I think it should be free since we're asking for players to help us with the testing!
And, we don't hate k-style! It's what made GunZ 1 so unique from all the other shooter games. We just think that it doesn't fit in GunZ 2 in various ways. We'll soon post a new gameplay movie to show that the game can be fun without k-style, too.
3 hours ago · Unlike · 2 https://www.facebook.com/maietgames
ShadowHawk Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:34pm 
Originally posted by 糸恵:

Boom! How do you like them apples?

MAIET Games 4 hours ago
We are aware of the issue in our net code which caused lag issue regardless of distance and ping. We delayed and worked on the issue instead because it was going to affect Steam version directly, too. Kudos for 5onic for pointing that out.
It was a flaw in our system so you don't have blame each other for anything!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/133839622/1387170429
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50